PDA

View Full Version : I'm moving my sewing room

Sandy Navas
December 29th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Luckily DH has volunteered to help me. I'm going to post two threads now - one showing the current sewing room
(here in this post
2462246324642465246624672468)

and the next one will show the family room that I am usurping (just to show what we are up against). We did work an hour last night picking up kids toys in the 'old' family room and moving some smaller things. Again this morning we spent an hour and other than a piano (!!) we have the family room rearranged such that we can start moving the existing sewing room this afternoon.

debinmalaga
December 29th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Sandy, have fun with your new sewing room! I love seeing them so thanks for posting pics!

SuzyQue
December 29th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Sandy,
In the 4th picture, the rolls along the wall.....is that pellon and interfacings? What are they hanging on? What a great idea. I never know how to store rolls of stuff like that.
Suzy Que
Can't wait to see the finished room!!!

Sandy Navas
December 29th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Sandy,
In the 4th picture, the rolls along the wall.....is that pellon and interfacings? What are they hanging on? What a great idea. I never know how to store rolls of stuff like that.
Suzy Que
Can't wait to see the finished room!!!

What a sharp eye you have. Yes, that's my stabilizers. Vilene, tear away, cut away, etc. I have a shelving standard screwed to the wall and brackets attached to that standard. Each bracket holds a roll of stabilizer. I read about someone doing that one day and ran downstairs and nailed up the shelving standard and Walla!!

SuzyQue
December 29th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the reply! I will have to see if this will work in my space. What a great idea and easy enough! Suzy Que

debinmalaga
December 29th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Sandy, you clever girl, is that a shoe rack in the 2nd picture?

Sandy Navas
December 30th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Sandy, you clever girl, is that a shoe rack in the 2nd picture?

Actually it was a toy rack for the grandkids and my DD decided they didn't use it properly. She was going to sell it in a garage sale but since I probably paid for it anyway I just took it. It is wood, came with the bins in it, and became a perfect place to sort those remnants that I'm so fond of.

BTW Target has a unit very similar (different colors) in their kids bedding section.

Sandy Navas
December 30th, 2010, 01:04 PM
SIL dropped by about 8:30 last night and we coerced him into helping move the piano. You should have seen his face. I thought he was going to refuse but he knew he 'owed us'. When we showed him we had a furniture dolly his attitude changed. We moved the piano down the hallway about 55 feet and it actually took less than 2 or 3 minutes. He said later he was so relieved when he saw the dolly.

Pinky
December 30th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Oh how I wish I had your 'old' sewing room! :( I am currently in the process of making the decision to move my sewing room to the basement. It is overgrowing my spare bedroom where it currently is and whenver we have overnight company (which is sort of often because we moved from a big city to the country) I have to clean up (or not lol) the whole darn bedroom. Plus there will be much more room in the basement. What I don't like is being down there with hardly any natural light. I am getting a gas fireplace installed so it will be nice and warm. And I am going to have to have many, many flourescent lights installed too. I like your pegboard for storing your scissors and things. I have a piece of that all lined up plus some slat board too. I want to hang as much stuff as possible. I just wished I could afford to but a nice proper sewing machine desk that lets you sit at the proper height where your elbows are and knees are bent at a 90 degree angle. Some day. Good luck with your move Sandy. Can't wait to see pics.
Wendy