PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Postage if ordering from MSQ

searchfamilies
March 1st, 2013, 01:26 PM
I was watching the Periwinkle quilt on YouTube so looked at the Wacky Web Paper & the 10 inch Half Hexagon together costing approx $22 for both, shipping to the UK $59.95 which i think is so expensive is it me or does anyone else think it OTT
Hugs Janice :icon_wave:

GuitarGramma
March 1st, 2013, 01:28 PM
While it is over the top, don't blame M*QC. Blame the United States Postal Service. Their overseas shipping rates are ridiculously high.

searchfamilies
March 1st, 2013, 01:33 PM
While i know that cost have gone up not something that can be fitted in a A4 envelope or a GP envelope i don't think even my secret pal paid that much to send me my Christmas box
Hugs Janice

While it is over the top, don't blame M*QC. Blame the United States Postal Service. Their overseas shipping rates are ridiculously high.

toggpine
March 1st, 2013, 02:06 PM
This came up the other day with the cost to ship a magazine. There is a crazy shipping fee that comes up at the check out. MSQC will only charge your credit card the actual shipping fee. If you want the actual charge, I'd suggest that you call MSQC for the rate.

The store site program doesn't seem to have the human ability to figure out the most economical way to pack and ship the merchandise. My guess is that it goes by dollar value to estimate the shipping charges.

I have to say that MSQC is pretty unique in that aspect. Some retailers don't care that the $80 specialty foot for my sewing machine was shipped in a padded envelope for $2 and change. They still charged me $15.
Here is a link to the US postal website. You can put in your locale as the destination and MSQC as the sender, and see what they are basing the shipping charges on. http://postcalc.usps.com/ It isn't cheap to ship things anymore.

Cathy

searchfamilies
March 1st, 2013, 02:57 PM
Thank you Cathy
Not knowing the weight it hard to work out a price, i do know that some charge a flat rate there is some places here that you have to hope they don't over charge as well it just seem to me such a lot for such small items
Hugs Janice

This came up the other day with the cost to ship a magazine. There is a crazy shipping fee that comes up at the check out. MSQC will only charge your credit card the actual shipping fee. If you want the actual charge, I'd suggest that you call MSQC for the rate.

The store site program doesn't seem to have the human ability to figure out the most economical way to pack and ship the merchandise. My guess is that it goes by dollar value to estimate the shipping charges.

I have to say that MSQC is pretty unique in that aspect. Some retailers don't care that the $80 specialty foot for my sewing machine was shipped in a padded envelope for $2 and change. They still charged me $15.
Here is a link to the US postal website. You can put in your locale as the destination and MSQC as the sender, and see what they are basing the shipping charges on. http://postcalc.usps.com/ It isn't cheap to ship things anymore.

Cathy

EnumclawGramma
March 1st, 2013, 03:03 PM
I just got the supplies to make the Periwinkle and if you want to estimate on the postal website I would guess 1 - 2 pounds.

searchfamilies
March 1st, 2013, 03:34 PM
Thank you
Hugs Janice

I just got the supplies to make the Periwinkle and if you want to estimate on the postal website I would guess 1 - 2 pounds.

RiverMomm
March 1st, 2013, 03:37 PM
The cost of shipping internationally has gone up a lot recently in the States. We have been very lucky over the last few years in terms of their shipping price but they were losing money. A lot of companies won't even consider shipping internationally due to the cost as well as the extra employee hours it takes. It's so much easier to just ship within the States and not deal with the paperwork, etc of international shipping.

MSQC only charges the actual cost of shipping and will correct the cost shown on the website.

I suggest contacting the company and asking for a shipping quote on the two items you want. But remember, they probably only offer one way to ship (usually Priority Mail) because of boxes.

http://www.missouriquiltco.com/content/shipping-returns

I know I was sad when the price went up this year and think twice before ordering. But I also was surprised that the cost had been so low in the past. If the shipping price is still too much for you, it will be in your interest to find a company locally for your purchases.

searchfamilies
March 1st, 2013, 03:53 PM
Thank you, don't know if i can find someone selling it here in the UK but will look
Hugs Janice

The cost of shipping internationally has gone up a lot recently in the States. We have been very lucky over the last few years in terms of their shipping price but they were losing money. A lot of companies won't even consider shipping internationally due to the cost as well as the extra employee hours it takes. It's so much easier to just ship within the States and not deal with the paperwork, etc of international shipping.

MSQC only charges the actual cost of shipping and will correct the cost shown on the website.

I suggest contacting the company and asking for a shipping quote on the two items you want. But remember, they probably only offer one way to ship (usually Priority Mail) because of boxes.

http://www.missouriquiltco.com/content/shipping-returns

I know I was sad when the price went up this year and think twice before ordering. But I also was surprised that the cost had been so low in the past. If the shipping price is still too much for you, it will be in your interest to find a company locally for your purchases.

Bubby
March 1st, 2013, 04:06 PM
I know that the USPS rates changed toward the end of January 2013 and everything really went up! I hate it that it costs to much for M* to ship your packages out of the country. M* is caught between a rock and a hard place, but it sounds like they are trying to figure things out.

RiverMomm
March 1st, 2013, 04:15 PM
Thank you, don't know if i can find someone selling it here in the UK but will look
Hugs Janice

Or maybe find a forum angel who has an order going in and will add your two items to their order and then ship it to you. It will still be expensive but not as much (maybe $25 for shipping?). I have thought of that myself, but most of the time, I am wanting the daily deal and well, I figure most of the forum angels are buying it too , , , and since only one is allowed per customer.

toggpine
March 1st, 2013, 05:44 PM
The "flat rate" international shipping packages have a weight limit per box. The medium box was 20 pounds I think. If they can safely ship your order in something smaller that has a lighter weight limit and lower cost I am sure they will.
I was shocked to see how much the medium-sized box cost to ship internationally. That size box runs me $13 to ship within the states with no weight limit.
Sorry for your shipping woes. :(

searchfamilies
March 2nd, 2013, 08:16 AM
Yes everything is going up except the money we get lol
Hugs Janice

I know that the USPS rates changed toward the end of January 2013 and everything really went up! I hate it that it costs to much for M* to ship your packages out of the country. M* is caught between a rock and a hard place, but it sounds like they are trying to figure things out.

searchfamilies
March 2nd, 2013, 08:17 AM
Thanks i think that i will wait & see if they get the supplies here in the UK
Hugs Janice

The "flat rate" international shipping packages have a weight limit per box. The medium box was 20 pounds I think. If they can safely ship your order in something smaller that has a lighter weight limit and lower cost I am sure they will.
I was shocked to see how much the medium-sized box cost to ship internationally. That size box runs me $13 to ship within the states with no weight limit.
Sorry for your shipping woes. :(

searchfamilies
March 2nd, 2013, 08:23 AM
Thank you may have to wait until my birthday & see about it then
Hugs Janice

Or maybe find a forum angel who has an order going in and will add your two items to their order and then ship it to you. It will still be expensive but not as much (maybe $25 for shipping?). I have thought of that myself, but most of the time, I am wanting the daily deal and well, I figure most of the forum angels are buying it too , , , and since only one is allowed per customer.

Poppytree
March 2nd, 2013, 08:30 AM
Its sad and NOT M*QC's fault but many of their overseas customers will think twice before placing an order - I know from bitter experience

I now make a wish list of items I like then wait for a good Daily Deal to turn it into an order to justify the shipping charges. It doesn't always work as some items run out or become discontinued in the meantime.

Monique
March 2nd, 2013, 09:21 AM

Vicky I have a couple of forum angels who are willing to ship to me.

auntiemern
March 2nd, 2013, 03:57 PM
There is no reason to have to pay that cost to ship something that weighs so little. . I shipped my Mug Rug overseas and the only charged my for envelope rate, that was less than $3. It was in a poly mailer. Check the first class rates for overseas shipping and not priority. First class ships in the same amount of time ans priority too.