PDA

View Full Version : Weekend at Milano/Italy

Renate
March 1st, 2013, 10:11 AM
Hi dears,

I will miss you!

Tomorrow early in the morning DH and I are leaving for the optical fair in Milano/Italy. That means: a lot of walking around, a lot of meetings, a lot of decissions, a lot of new optical frames, a lot of people, a lot of good Italian food and wine, a lot to tell afterwards and less sleep.

Therefor, I will not be with you this weekend, but in my mind I am.

I wish you all a very relaxing weekend, take care of you and good luck for all your sewings.

Read you soon
Renate

Jean Sewing Machine
March 1st, 2013, 10:15 AM
Italy is sure the hotspot these days with the pope's resignation. I notice a lot of the designer eye glass frames are made in Itally, I have Safilo, sounds Italian! Have a good weekend with your job and in the beautiful counte of Italy.

MayinJerset
March 1st, 2013, 10:23 AM
Oh Renate, Wishing you and your DH and wonderful time this weekend, combining work and a little vacation should be fun.

I've never been to Italy, wish I knew just where my family came from as all I know is that both sides of the family came from Naples.

Renate
March 1st, 2013, 10:44 AM
Jean and do you know what is best: the now not longer pope Benedict was born in the little village next to the little village I was born. so you cannot imagine what is on with the people over their. They always said "we are pope" (that means, the pope is one from us). In the past we called him "PappaRazzi" (His name was Cardinal Razinger) and once I met him, when he was a "normal" priest, long ago ... so I can say: I walked the same ways as he did :-)

Yes, Safilo is a big italian company, doing a lot of frames, but most of that they let produce in China and not longer in Italy. Production is much cheeper there.

So, I will keep you updated what is on fashion

Hugs
Renate

CrazyMtnLady
March 1st, 2013, 11:00 AM
Have a wonderful trip. I have never heard of an 'optical fair' .

EsGrandma
March 1st, 2013, 01:03 PM
We are traveling with you in spirit - hope you get a little time just for you and your husband to enjoy.

Renate
March 1st, 2013, 06:30 PM
@Grandma: yes, we will have one afternoon for free, enjoying each other and do some shopping. By the wway, I have to find out, where are the fabric stores in Milano

@Donna: The optical fair in Milano is the most important eshibition for the optician branche. There are more than 1000 exhibitors showing the new eyeglasses fashion. I hope our supliers will have very good models this spring. I will tell you whats on fashion

bkthomas
March 4th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Well, I totally missed this thread - Hope you had a great time - When you find the time, check out the Happy Birthday Renate thread!!!!!

mamaquilt
March 4th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Hi dears,

I will miss you!

Tomorrow early in the morning DH and I are leaving for the optical fair in Milano/Italy. That means: a lot of walking around, a lot of meetings, a lot of decissions, a lot of new optical frames, a lot of people, a lot of good Italian food and wine, a lot to tell afterwards and less sleep.

Therefor, I will not be with you this weekend, but in my mind I am.

I wish you all a very relaxing weekend, take care of you and good luck for all your sewings.

Read you soon
Renate

Don't forget to get a couple of Italian shoes. Just love them!!!

have a nice and succesful WE

Michèle

mamaquilt
March 4th, 2013, 02:50 PM
@Grandma: yes, we will have one afternoon for free, enjoying each other and do some shopping. By the wway, I have to find out, where are the fabric stores in Milano

@Donna: The optical fair in Milano is the most important eshibition for the optician branche. There are more than 1000 exhibitors showing the new eyeglasses fashion. I hope our supliers will have very good models this spring. I will tell you whats on fashion

You can get some wonderful shoes in Bergamo, the city where the Milano airport is, about 1 hour from Milano

Michèle

Monique
March 5th, 2013, 08:15 AM
I hope you had a wonderful trip. I would be interested in seeing what is in fashion now.

Winniesfriend
March 5th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Have a great time, almost sounds like fun

lilmouse
March 5th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Hope the trip is everything you want it to be!

Wwena
March 5th, 2013, 01:37 PM
How was your trip? :)