PDA

View Full Version : BAck from the hospital..

Evilynn
March 1st, 2013, 09:30 AM
Heyho,

I just came back from the hospital expecting that the tumor I have gets removed. Well it's still inside my breast and instead I got the news that I do have cancer. I am not even so upset about it although it's an aggressive cancertype even, my mum is totally flipping out tho. She wants me to move instantly back to Germany to make the treatment there because she thinks here in Finland they handle things wrongly (she thinks you wait ages for everything). We even argued. She wants me to grab my daughter and go. She always pointed out how sick she is herself (she has very bad depressions) and that kinda made me angry. My dad thinks that's completely nuts coz my husband also needs me, and to be honest I think I would need him and his support too. He just can't come with me so simply to Germany because he has to work.

So yea, I'm more upset about my mum than the fact that I have breastcancer. First I will have to make a bodyscan to see if it has spread already - which I really really hope it didnt.

Anyway. Thanks for your prayers and crossed fingers - I would love if you continued to pray for me! Thanks so much for your support

Steffie

buckeyequilter
March 1st, 2013, 09:40 AM
My prayers are with you and your family as you go forward.

Granny Judy
March 1st, 2013, 09:42 AM
Your at the top of my prayer list, sweetie!! Remember to take deep breathes when under stress.. We are here for you when you need to talk.

lilmouse
March 1st, 2013, 09:45 AM
I am so sorry to hear this and of course you are at the top of the prayer list...hopefully it is just in the one spot and they can take care of it quickly and you can get this behind you....of course you need to stay with hubby, you will need him and he needs you...keep us posted ...sending you hugs and prayers!

Iris Girl
March 1st, 2013, 09:48 AM
prayers are with you . hoping you can get this taken care of quickly and it soon becomes your past, staying with hubby is a must as you will need each others support

Jean Sewing Machine
March 1st, 2013, 09:58 AM
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to hear this! May things go well for you in your diagnosis and treatment. Prayers for your return to health quickly!

Bailey65
March 1st, 2013, 10:03 AM
Your at the top of the prayer list and of course my thoughts and prayers will be with you!

Winniesfriend
March 1st, 2013, 10:07 AM
OMG I cant imagine what you are going through at the moment, sending big hugs and continued prayers for a speedy recovery.

MarianneK
March 1st, 2013, 10:10 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. I wish you the best of luck and sending hugs your way.

meemeecyn
March 1st, 2013, 10:27 AM
Oh, Steffie. So sorry to hear this latest news. You do what you feel will work best for you. One step at a time. Prayers being said for you right now. May you get some comfort knowing your quilting friends are thinking of you and praying for you.
Cynthia

MayinJerset
March 1st, 2013, 10:27 AM
Sending Mega Hugs from all of us, we are praying that treatment begins ASAP and kills the damm cancer. May in Jersey

Jess1377
March 1st, 2013, 10:30 AM
Oh Steffie, I am so sorry to hear such news. I also understand about your moms reaction. Depression is thick in my family, my mom, me, sisters and I am totally terrified that my little boy has bouts of it. But the reaction your mom gave you sounds like what I have experienced in the past and it does suck when you end up being more concerned for her when you really need to take care of you and the immediate situation you are presented with. You need to do what is best for you and your immediate family and that is something you and your DH can figure out. I am sure you respect your moms wishes and reaction ~ being a mom myself I understand it better now where my mom has come from as you surely do as well. Your main concern is your health and healing and maybe when your mom has time to collect her thoughts and regain her composure after hearing the news she will be better support for you. I dont know how I would react to such news about my child being diagnosed the way you have been. At any rate, my thoughts, heart, and prayers will be with you and your family Steffie! Keep us posted and prayers will be here for you. ((((Steffie))))

Lisapc
March 1st, 2013, 10:34 AM
I am so sorry for your diagnoses. Put yourself and your immediate family first. They will help you through this. It was a shock to your Mom so hopefully she will calm down and become supportive to you.

I am praying for you.

Swedish leo
March 1st, 2013, 10:35 AM
I am so sorry for you! I hope the docīs can get that canser out quickly.

Shirley
March 1st, 2013, 10:37 AM
Praying for you Steffie.

Slamelung
March 1st, 2013, 10:39 AM
So sorry to hear your diagnosis, I am sure your mother is upset and scared because you are still her baby girl. The cancer is aggressive so you and your Dr. also need to be aggressive. Just remember breast cancer is one the the most curable cancers. Wishing you the best of luck and many prayers.

CountryHut
March 1st, 2013, 10:41 AM
Steffie . . on the prayer list you shall be - our arms of courage wisdom hope and love will wrap around you and become a warrior with you in this battle

www.breastcancer.org - helped my sister when times were difficult

pcbatiks
March 1st, 2013, 10:50 AM
Steffie............lots of worldwide prayers coming your way........I will be praying for you too.

bopeep
March 1st, 2013, 10:52 AM
Steffie......So sorry to hear this.....You and Your family are in my Prayers.......
Please keep us posted.....
{{{HUGS}}} & {{{{PRAYERS}}}}
bopeep

Suzette
March 1st, 2013, 10:54 AM
Steffie, my thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless!

CrazyMtnLady
March 1st, 2013, 10:57 AM
Sorry to hear the news. Will keep you in my prayers.

Cat n bull
March 1st, 2013, 11:05 AM
{{Steffie}}. What lousy news :-(

madampolo
March 1st, 2013, 11:18 AM
I am so sorry to here this. There has been a tremendous advance in treatment these last few years. Take care.

laf512
March 1st, 2013, 11:23 AM
Praying for you and your family!

ilive2craft2
March 1st, 2013, 11:31 AM
Oh honey - too much stress on top of this news! Know that we are all praying for you. Hugs, Lisa

aqua-teal71
March 1st, 2013, 11:34 AM
First-i will be praying for you and your family.
Second-only you know what you need at this moment. Go with it and trust yourself.
Third-please keep us posted on how you are doing. We are in it for the long haul.

GuitarGramma
March 1st, 2013, 11:59 AM
Steffie, first, please know that I will pray for you.

Second, please forgive your mom, because festering anger is bad for *you*. Also, Germany has some of the best cancer treatments in the world, so figure out what is best for *you* and recognize that it's good to have options.

Third, I want to give you hope. My oldest daughter was diagnosed with breast cancer on her 27th birthday, and she is now a four year survivor with no trace of the cancer returning. You can beat this!

Here are two things that I found unique about her treatment. One, she had chemo BEFORE her surgery. This allowed doctors to see if the mix of chemo drugs was working -- which is impossible if you have surgery first. Second -- and I know this will be tough in Finland -- a kind citrus grower kept her supplied with a fruit from India called the Palestine Sweet Lime. The juice of the Palestine Sweet Lime cures nausea. Every time Kim felt nauseous, we'd mix the juice of one lime with soda and the nausea would STOP. Kim never threw up from chemo, not even once. And she didn't have to take the steroid meds the doctor prescribed for nausea. Those work too, but steroids kind of feed cancer, so they would have been counter-productive.

I pray for renewed health and a long life for you.

Toni

grannyann
March 1st, 2013, 12:13 PM
I can not imagine all the stress you are going through right now. You have all the support and prayers from all of us on this forum.
One day at a time. May God guide and heal you through these stressful times ahead.

Tanya D
March 1st, 2013, 12:14 PM
Oh Steffie, I'm so sorry you are facing this diagnosis. While I understand your mom's concern, I also feel a bit angry that in a time when you need her support, she has upset you instead. That being said, Germany DOES have advanced forms of cancer treatment.

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers for a swift and full recovery. Please do keep us posted as much as you can.

Hugs to you.

bakermom
March 1st, 2013, 12:56 PM
Prayers for you and for your family. May God guide you Drs. as they decide the best treatment for you

Bubby
March 1st, 2013, 01:02 PM
Evilyn, I'm so sorry about this. Take your time and talk things over with your husband and you will know what to do and how to go forward as far as treatment is concerned. I will pray for you every day. I wish I could give you a huge hug right now. Hugs, Barb

Evilynn
March 1st, 2013, 02:17 PM
Thank you all for your amazing posts! Yes, I am very seriously thinking about going to Germany because I am not sure I like how they handle my sickness here. I don't even have an appointment for a full body scan yet, and I have one of those 0,7% chance cancers that are very rare to get :s That means also that I wont have time to take a chemo first to see if it works because it has to be taken out yesterday already due to its aggressive growth. That really makes me wonder what they are waiting for?! I will wait til Monday what they tell me in the hospital and then I will see what I will do but I will decide very quickly!

Thanks for everything

K. McEuen
March 1st, 2013, 02:22 PM
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but you don't need the added stress of moving or dealing with your mom's reaction. Stay where you are, be comfortable, try to relax as much as possible. A positive attitude goes a long way toward a successful treatment.

In your mom's defense, she's worried about her baby.

SuzyQue
March 1st, 2013, 02:31 PM
Prayers said for you and your family. May you make wise choices and find a peaceful solution for everyone, mostly you! I think stress free is essential here. You will need lots of support. Hugs!

rebeccas-sewing
March 1st, 2013, 02:44 PM
Try not to worry about what your mom is saying. You're a grownup and very capable of making your own decisions. This is really something that you and your husband must work out. She loves you and only wants what's best for you. Just be patient with her and go about taking care of your business. We're hear for emotional support if you need us. Stay strong. Hopefully, the tests will show that it has not spread. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

dhubert
March 1st, 2013, 03:20 PM
Praying in Texas.....

cindyinohio
March 1st, 2013, 03:39 PM
As a five year breast cancer survivor I know some of your feelings. I know your first thought is "Get that out of me NOW!". I also know it does take some time. My daughter worked for the surgeon so i had some extra pull, but it still meant biopsy, MRI, consults ect. But the most important is the prayers..God does still work miracles. I know hearing about people who were now cancer free was a great uplift.I was a nurse and when I came back to work wearing my little hats I was so surprised at how many ladies told me how they had had breast cancer 15,20, 30 years ago. I'm cancer free . I'm pretty sure you want your husband at this time and bring with someone positive.
My prayers are with you . try to keep positive and know God works.

Kaytessa
March 1st, 2013, 03:55 PM
Adding my prayers . Cinidyinohio said it best... God does still work miracles. We're praying that for you.

auntiemern
March 1st, 2013, 06:22 PM
Steffie, so sorry for such bad news. You know you can always come here to vent or chat. Of course we will all be saying extra prayers for you. And the prayers from here, have been known to work miracle. Hang in there sweetie, and think positive thoughts. You may want to start a chat up with divine daisy, as she has been down this road herself. You know one on one support may be helpful.

quiltingtrish
March 1st, 2013, 06:52 PM
Steffie - my prayers are certainly being said for you. Please keep us updated in how you are doing through your treatments.

Hugs,

Jann
March 1st, 2013, 07:33 PM
What devastating news. I hope your treatment plan has been agreed with you and it will be swift. My thoughts and prayers remain with you.

Jan x

Marmar
March 1st, 2013, 07:34 PM
Steffie - (((Hugs))) and prayers for you. As others have said, do what you feel in your heart of hearts is best for you.

kensington
March 1st, 2013, 07:58 PM
God be with you. I had my right kidney removed 2 years ago this month for stage 4 kidney cancer. I pray they can bring you to a full healing soon. To be honest, based on my experience, I'd go where the better care and greater rate of cure is. I agree you will want your husband, and he will want to be with you. But, better care means you can be with each other in the long run.

It would be so hard to go and face it without your husband, but if it gives you a better chance to return to him cured and for a long life together. You might consider it.

It's your choice. I hope your family supports you in what you decide to do. I am praying for you. Feel free to PM me if you'd like. I'm a survivor. 2 years cancer free. God Bless!

Blondie
March 1st, 2013, 08:08 PM
Steffi
I can add my prayers and support for you and yours during this time.
Please keep us updated on the choices you make. Only you will know in your gut what is right for you.
also praying for your Mom, husband, and all of your family. The ripple effect of this affects everyone and each reacts in a
different way. It is a delicate path to traverse without making a lot of waves where family is concerned. Praying for many reasons and expecting positive outcome here. You are surrounded by many relentless prayer warriors in this group, who are full of faith.
Arms around you, ready to lift you up anytime.
Blondie

Genny
March 1st, 2013, 08:24 PM
Steffie, I'll be sending you hugs and prayers daily. Hope you body scan gives you some needed good news and that the cancer hasn't spread. Genny

Divine Daisy
March 1st, 2013, 09:09 PM
Stay strong love. It is hard for the family of a cancer patient, they panic and have a need to 'fix' everything which of course they can't so they feel angry and helpless.

That said, your duty is to yourself, your partner and your child. Do what you need to do to get through this........and you will get through it. I didn't post on your earlier post because I felt thay everyone had said what I wanted to say so well I would just be repeating. But as a breast cancer victim myself I can tell you that there is a way to travel this hard road and that you will get help on your journey from all kinds of people, some expected and some not. You will meet amazing characters and strong and inspiring folk. Take what you need from each to help you through, try to just let the rest flow away from you. Repay the kindness and support you experience when later down the road you meet 'newbies' who are as scared and confused as you are now.

You are a strong and vital woman, you have what it takes to travel the miles ahead of you. Support on this forum is amazing and has helped me very often so use us and vent to us if you need to. In the meantime focus on what really matters, the man you love and your little one.

If I can do anything...........anything at all PM me and I will try to be what you need in that moment.

I am a one t*t wonder, welcome to the club.......it is an exclusive and vibrant group. You ain't heavy, you are my sister in adversity.........I extend my hand to you to help you along the way.

Patrice
March 1st, 2013, 09:21 PM
You are in my prayers.

MRoy
March 1st, 2013, 10:01 PM
Steffie, you're in my prayers. I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this.

bec
March 1st, 2013, 11:16 PM
I'm so sorry to hear the bad news. Praying for you and your family.

Sandy Navas
March 2nd, 2013, 12:14 AM
Definitely NOT what I was praying you would hear. However, do not despair - the treatments today are so advanced and we will continue keeping you in our pray chain!! Praying for a fast catch of the cancer and a complete recovery. Blessings to you.

Mary Ruth
March 2nd, 2013, 01:43 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with you. The road you are about to travel is rugged but possible. I understand the stress, uncertainty, fear, frustration you are feeling right now. I traveled the same road a couple of years ago. Many will give you advise and most of it will be good. However your intuition and feelings - (along with your medical team, of course) - should guide you. Please know that I understand the road you must travel and I wish you the best.

nanaleslie
March 2nd, 2013, 01:56 AM
Sorry you got such bad news. Hugs and prayers are being sent to you and your family. Wish you the best on your journey to good health.

Madeforyouinma11
March 2nd, 2013, 02:01 AM
Sending good thoughts and prayers that this all gets taken care of quickly.

Evilynn
March 2nd, 2013, 04:05 AM
Having slept over it, I feel slightly better today. The first huge shock is over and now I wanna fight. I will have to change my life a bit to make it easier for everybody. That means I will need to lose some weight, do more sports and eat more healthy. I wasn't really taking good care of myself - and that will change now!!!! There are women who had an absolute horrible prognosis and still they survived. I don't know anything more than the tumor name yet, so that's quite a hassle still, but to be honest, I don't care how they classify it, it only changes the treatment I have to expect. I have read a lot the last night and it helped me to understand what will be going on.

The breast has to go in every case due to the aggression of the tumor. I can live with that - it doesn't bother me so much. It's just a b**b! That's the only thing I know so far because it really depends on the outcome of that d*mn bodyscan. But I have decided to NOT let that %&!)&% win, I will win this! :)

Thanks so much for your kind and supporting words, I know you guys will listen when I need to vent and that really really means a lot to me. Thank you!

bkthomas
March 2nd, 2013, 06:49 AM
Sending Mega Hugs from all of us, we are praying that treatment begins ASAP and kills the damm cancer. May in Jersey

Very much agree - prayers always.....

Eliza
March 2nd, 2013, 07:23 AM
Sending (((((hugs))))) and prayers for you and your family.

nana margaret
March 3rd, 2013, 05:55 AM
My thoughts are with you Steffie, you are going to need your husband's love and support over the coming months, you now have to think about yourself and what is best for you. Stay strong.

Musical_Starling
March 3rd, 2013, 06:34 AM
I think the word d*mn needs to be permanently placed in front of the word cancer. Very sorry to hear this news Steffie, but you have many cancer warriors here to help you with this fight. Lots of ladies here have been through it, and everyone here is ready and willing to listen and help in any way we can. Between all of us, your hubby and that gorgeous little one you have a wonderful support system. One day at a time, one foot in front of the other. You can do it :)

Monique
March 3rd, 2013, 10:02 AM
Steffie, I am sorry to hear about the diagnosis. I hope you know that there are many cancer survivors here on the forum and I am one of them. I had breast cancer in 2006. I had a mastectomy. I chose not to have treatments simply because the numbers were not there. Let me explain that,

19% chance of recurrence without anything
4% recuruence with tamoxifen
2% recurrence with chemo

That being said you do what is best for you. And yes you need to be with your husband. I think your Mom is just scared for you that is all. Of course I will be saying prayers for you. And remember:

YOU CAN BEAT THIS

Monique
March 3rd, 2013, 10:07 AM
Steffie, I am sorry to hear about the diagnosis. I hope you know that there are many cancer survivors here on the forum and I am one of them. I had breast cancer in 2006. I had a mastectomy. Looking back on it now, I should have had the other removed too, just in case, but I did not. I chose not to have treatments simply because the numbers were not there. Let me explain that,

19% chance of recurrence without anything
4% recuruence with tamoxifen
2% recurrence with chemo

That being said you do what is best for you. And yes you need to be with your husband. I think your Mom is just scared for you that is all. Of course I will be saying prayers for you. And remember:

YOU CAN BEAT THIS

I edited this post after reading your post above. You are strong and you will beat this I have no doubt. And yes it is only a breast. At my age I don't really need them anymore. lol!!

bhaggerty
March 3rd, 2013, 10:09 AM
Prayers for you and your family.
Your hubby and daughter need you!

HdWench
March 3rd, 2013, 11:58 AM
Steffie, I'm so sorry to hear you got bad news. Of course you need your husband for support and more. Prayers and we all hope it is just a little so they can get it quick!

((((hugs))))

alliek
March 3rd, 2013, 12:35 PM
Healing prayers being said for you. Peace in your heart and the confidence in your treatment. There are many wonderful treatments for breast cancer Evilynn today. Woman are responding and surviving this disease. I know, I had my breast removed in 1995, still going strong. Stay with hubby and baby. Research the treatments available and learn all you can about your condition, BUT don't let the negative get you down. Talk to your docs about everything. God will walk with you, this I know. (((()))).

Wwena
March 3rd, 2013, 12:41 PM
Oh Steffie, that is awful. They are really good at treating this nowadays though and I'm sure they do it properly in Finland too. SHe's just scared for you and panicking is all, don't read too much into it other than that. Fear makes people do the strangest things.

I really hope it hasn't spread. Keep us posted, please! Is there anything we can do for you?

Anna.

Suzyq
March 3rd, 2013, 12:58 PM
Steffie, we're sending you a (((( steffie ))))) hug chain! all of your forum friends are here for you, sending you hugs and prayers..please stay with your hubby and child...they need to be with you as you go through this and you need them......I'm sure your doctor will point you in the right direction on the best treatment ... stay with us and let us know how things go....

debinmalaga
March 3rd, 2013, 02:50 PM
Steffie, I am sending healing light and positive energy, strength and hope! You sound strong and sensible and determined - yes, you will win!!

quilter.martha
March 3rd, 2013, 05:58 PM
Oh Steffie, I am so sorry about your news. I am praying for you, for wisdom, strength, courage, and healing. God DOES do miracles! Please keep us posted.

SallyO'Sews
March 3rd, 2013, 07:52 PM
Steffie, as I type this I am about to leave my house for my church where we will be at the altar of prayer, and you will be on our list! May our Heavenly Father give you grace and peace, may His healing hands touch and minister health to you, and may all the medical folks be in agreement as to your treatment. May your entire family be settled on what is best for you, and may you be aware of God's provision day by day, and hour by hour.
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

brook
March 3rd, 2013, 08:53 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm praying for God's healing on you.

patchiereggie
March 4th, 2013, 12:01 PM
My prayers will be with you as well.

WendyI
March 4th, 2013, 03:43 PM
I am so terribly sad to hear this. A very good friend of mine just had a mastectomy and is home recovering. We got the good news last week that all her margins are clear so no chemo required...which is a huge relief.

I'm sorry you are having to wait..it's soooo infuriating when they don't act quickly! Take Care!! ((((((HUGS)))))

Tanya D
March 4th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Having slept over it, I feel slightly better today. The first huge shock is over and now I wanna fight. I will have to change my life a bit to make it easier for everybody. That means I will need to lose some weight, do more sports and eat more healthy. I wasn't really taking good care of myself - and that will change now!!!! There are women who had an absolute horrible prognosis and still they survived. I don't know anything more than the tumor name yet, so that's quite a hassle still, but to be honest, I don't care how they classify it, it only changes the treatment I have to expect. I have read a lot the last night and it helped me to understand what will be going on.

The breast has to go in every case due to the aggression of the tumor. I can live with that - it doesn't bother me so much. It's just a b**b! That's the only thing I know so far because it really depends on the outcome of that d*mn bodyscan. But I have decided to NOT let that %&!)&% win, I will win this!

Thanks so much for your kind and supporting words, I know you guys will listen when I need to vent and that really really means a lot to me. Thank you!

That's the fighting spirit Steffi! Think positive, be proactive in your treatments, ask questions and fight, fight, fight.

callen
March 4th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Sending hugs & prayers your way. May God wrap you in his arms & keep you safe until you beat this thing. Lots of prayers going your way for you & your family.

Lindagie
March 4th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Oh my; sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but happy that you are feeling a bit better and are ready to win this fight. Sending prayers for you and your family!

cyndiofthevortex
March 4th, 2013, 10:18 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear this news. I will pray for you. I hope you'll give us a good report soon. I'll pray for your mom, too.

Evilynn
March 6th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Hello everybody,

thanks for your support my dear Quilting friends :) Yesterday I had some good news for once. We did get an appointment for the bodyscan yesterday already and it was okay. I had to wait a couple hours for the results but it seems I do not have ANY spread yet! So now I am only waiting for the abrasion so far which is going to take place in another city because the plastic surgeon in my town here is on sick leave herself, she has a very serious flu it seems (Yes, there is only one plastic surgeon because Mikkeli has only 50k inhabits). And since we cannot wait for her to recover to operate me, they transferred my files to another hospital with the request of an urgent operation. So, if I am lucky I will get rid of this d*mn cancerous thing in my breast this or next week!

If that ain't good news then I don't know what is :) Thank you ladies, your prayers helped! I would like to ask you tho to keep praying! There is still the operation and the chemo ahead of me... :(

Eliza
March 6th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Wonderful news!!!!! Sending more ((((hugs)))) and positive vibes.

MRoy
March 6th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Steffie, that's wonderful. I'm praying that your operation takes place soon so you can get on the road to recovery.

Tanya D
March 6th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Wonderful news Steffi!!!

I will keep praying to keep the cancer at bay, in one spot, that it can be easily removed and treated.

How's your mom doing now that it's been a couple of days?

Gayle8675309
March 6th, 2013, 01:36 PM
You have my prayers. Hopefully it has not spread and you have caught it early on. Hang on to your hubby for strength and post here often! :)

alliek
March 6th, 2013, 01:42 PM
OK!! Now on to the next step in this "process". Every step you take Steffie, know you walk with all our arms around and under you and God leading the way!

Suzette
March 6th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Steffi, you continue to be in my thoughts and my prayers. I join the others here in feeling so happy the doctors are moving swiftly to get you treated. Waiting is always so hard, but I can tell you are a fighter. We'll fight right along with you in spirit and hold you up in prayer. God bless!

shorte85
March 6th, 2013, 08:17 PM
So so so sorry to hear about all this going on right now. Please take good care of yourself and do what you think you feel is best. You are definitely on my prayer list, and in my thoughts.

Evilynn
March 7th, 2013, 06:24 AM
The operation will be on 21st of March. Quite late, but better late than never :S

I am quite disappointed, I was hoping for next week, but well, i cant choose -.- My mum in law thinks it's fast, I think that this is not fast, I think it's a joke. Fast would be this week or monday next week. Crazy!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 7th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Steffie, I think of you every day, offering my prayers for a Quick recovery. Please try to keep us updated on how things are going after your surgery. I hope you will feel up to getting on the computer to let us know. Or maybe a friend could do it for you. We will be praying. I know it will be hard to wait for that date to come, you want that cancer gone now! We'll be with you in spirit to help you through. Keep busy, it will help pass the time.

Iris Girl
March 7th, 2013, 06:41 AM
I understand your sense of urgency and wanting it out, So happy you have an appointment this month to have it done. One step at a time , we are all here for you

Evilynn
March 7th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Well Finlands public health care system is quite a mess. Although my mum-in-law always defends the system (and everything Finnish for that matter), I think it's a huge f*** up. I know, I possibly should be thankful for a public health care system at all, since from what I know you Americans don't have a system like that but in Germany I think I wouldn't have to have waited for 2 more weeks after the staging. I am not sure where the problem is in Finland but the waiting lines for scheduled operations are quite silly. My Dad-in-law needed a back surgery and had to wait 6 months for it. SIX MONTHS! That's nuts!

Well.. I only can pray that 2 weeks won't do any difference here...

Jean Sewing Machine
March 7th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Well Finlands public health care system is quite a mess. Although my mum-in-law always defends the system (and everything Finnish for that matter), I think it's a huge f*** up. I know, I possibly should be thankful for a public health care system at all, since from what I know you Americans don't have a system like that but in Germany I think I wouldn't have to have waited for 2 more weeks after the staging. I am not sure where the problem is in Finland but the waiting lines for scheduled operations are quite silly. My Dad-in-law needed a back surgery and had to wait 6 months for it. SIX MONTHS! That's nuts!

Well.. I only can pray that 2 weeks won't do any difference here...We hope the outcome Is positive and the wait isn't detrimental to your health and recovery.

Wwena
March 7th, 2013, 01:31 PM
The frustration and worry must be horrible. We have had trouble with queues in Sweden too so I know what you are talking about. It's better now but still, it's really hard to have to wait! I hope time goes fast and that you have a good surgery! Maybe you needed to wait to get a really excellent surgeon and all will be better for it, you never know. :)

Tanya D
March 7th, 2013, 01:40 PM
The wait times in Canada are atrocious too. You can wait upward of a year for an MRI.

I had my daughter in to see the doctor about her knee...she has Patella Femural Syndrome (her quad muscles aren't strong enough to keep her knee in place) due to figure skating. That was in May. I got a call the other day saying her specialist appointment was March 19th...they are sending her to see an ortho specialist.

After doing a bunch of physio and taking up a few other sports that made her work those quad muscles, AND just her natural growth and getting stronger as she gets bigger, he knee doesn't bother her much anymore. But I am NOT cancelling that specialist appointment.

I know the wait will feel like forever Steffi...think good thoughts, keep yourself busy and give that babe of yours lots of lovin'.

janluna
March 7th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Steffie, We will be Praying for you and lifting you up for healing. All our Prayers Love and Hugs, Joe & Jan L.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((Steffi))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Stetler
March 7th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Thinking and saying a prayer for you. I have friends who are breast cancer survivors, have faith!

Evilynn
March 11th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Thanks for your concern and prayers, my Quilting friends! I would like to ask you tho, Ladies, please keep on praying, because I, who isn't the most religous person on the planet (I do believe but not what the bible says :) so you could say I believe "differently") - am experiencing a miracle at the moment. I told you about the ridiculous waiting lines here in Finland for a surgery but this morning I received a call that the operation was rescheduled. It will be now on Monday next week instead of Thursday next week, which is only 3 days but I think that every day "saved" is a good thing :) That's absolutely great! And a miracle because it's nearly impossible to get an earlier appointment for a surgery here in Finland (That Thursday was already an emergency appointment) but well what can I say! I don't believe in coincidences and I slowly start to think that a higher power is helping me here :)

Thanks so much!!!

Musical_Starling
March 11th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Thanks for your concern and prayers, my Quilting friends! I would like to ask you tho, Ladies, please keep on praying, because I, who isn't the most religous person on the planet (I do believe but not what the bible says :) so you could say I believe "differently") - am experiencing a miracle at the moment. I told you about the ridiculous waiting lines here in Finland for a surgery but this morning I received a call that the operation was rescheduled. It will be now on Monday next week instead of Thursday next week, which is only 3 days but I think that every day "saved" is a good thing :) That's absolutely great! And a miracle because it's nearly impossible to get an earlier appointment for a surgery here in Finland (That Thursday was already an emergency appointment) but well what can I say! I don't believe in coincidences and I slowly start to think that a higher power is helping me here :)

Thanks so much!!!

What great news!! Every day closer is one less day spent worrying and wondering. Please keep us posted as much as you can, and I will certainly be continuing prayers for you :)

mom4him
March 11th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Great news! You will be in my prayers.

Sew Perfect
March 11th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Oh, Steffie, I will be praying for you and your family night and day. I am so glad of your great news. Thanks for keeping us updated.

SallyO'Sews
March 11th, 2013, 02:59 PM
We will continue to pray, dear Steffie. So happy that your surgery date has been moved up! I had cancer (not in the breast) a few years ago, so I understand about wanting the tumor out YESTERDAY! But I am praying not only for your total healing, but also for everyone who will have anything to do with any of your treatment: surgeon, nurses, anesthesiologists, orderlies, pharmacists, you name it! God is truly able. Hang in there! And thanks for keeping us posted.
Hugs, ~ Sally \0/

Tanya D
March 11th, 2013, 04:35 PM
More great news! So glad they have moved up the date for surgery Steffi. Like Dee said, less time to worry and fret. Will continue to keep you in my prayers.

sewbizzy
March 11th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Sending prayers your way...hugs and blessings!

MayinJerset
March 11th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Keeping you in my prayers

Marmar
March 12th, 2013, 01:41 AM
Hugs and lots of prayers girl !!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 12th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Steffie, definitey a higher power at work! Wishing andpraying for the best outcome o
f the surgery"

Wwena
March 12th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Great to hear your surgery was moved! Less than a week away now! :)

I believe many people will do their best! I'm not surpriced they thought of you when an opening was created. :)