PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday and it's March

Blondie
March 1st, 2013, 07:56 AM

Good Morning Folksies

I had to come in and say it is the end of the week and the beginning of a new month.
I finally got a little more sleep last night. Poor baby is getting better slowly but surely. Hope everyone else here with this crud is getting better - it seems too many to list. Like I said the other day, winter's last revenge.

While the big man was sleeping yesterday afternoon, I finished my version of the periwinkle quilt that our Jenny inspired me to make. I will be taking pictures hopefully this weekend; i have a lot of things to share with you, just need to take the time, make sure the batteries are charged fully and go for it. I thought the batteries were in the charger the other day and completely forgot to plug in. duh uh.

So, it's March. A new month. Spring will be coming sooner than later. We will soon be complaining about the heat and humidity. It's March - have you been keeping track of where you have been so far this year and where you are going? I am speaking quilty/sewing here. I have completed 13 COC's this year! that's a lot of hand quilting. I've also completed 2 PICU's, 1 baby quilt for a gift and one FMQ throw for us. I've also been working on the Farmer's Grand daughter blocks - even if I have been MIA in the group for the most part. Plus I have been challenging myself with a few other projects. So, when I think to myself, I am not accomplishing much today, this week, I look at my little list and can say, yes, I have. Betcha you could do the same if you reflect on it. Each day, each month, is an opportunity to reach out, grab time. How do you grab time? By creating something and realizing that this particular moment has been captured by your creativity.

Have a wonderful Friday, a happy March 1 and don't forget to SMILE!

Eliza
March 1st, 2013, 08:39 AM
Good evening, the first day of autumn here. Blondie, I am pleased you were finally able to get some sleep. Looking forward to seeing your periwinkle quilt. Today I finished one of my baby quilts and got a little further ahead with piecing the backing of one for DH.

Thanks to all for your kind messages to DH and me. The problem is not new, we have been living with it for a lot of years now and I am usually okay, just have the occasional down day and Wednesday just happened to be one of them. Smiling again now! :icon_bigsmile:

MRoy
March 1st, 2013, 08:45 AM
Good morning! I need a caffeine IV this morning...I didn't get to sleep until midnight then the phone rang at 12:30 and no one would talk! Double TGIF! Blondie, you've been busy and accomplished a lot! I haven't done much sewing yet in 2013. I plan to do better, but it may be after I retire August 1...only 20 more weeks! I hope everyone has a great day!

Monique
March 1st, 2013, 08:47 AM
Good morning Blondie. I am glad LL is getter better even though it is slowly.

I have accomplished a few things this year so far. I made two mug rugs and started quilting the dresden plate I started. On off times I am embroidering blocks that were given to me. So yes I have a few things accomplished.

There is STILL snow falling again today. Very light, but snow nonetheless. Last day at this post office, another one tomorrow, and then the usual place I work all next week. I have been busy working that is for sure. At least the big bills can get paid right away now.

Other than work there isn't too much in my life right at the moment. I am waiting for a package that will arrive within the next 2 weeks I hope.

Have a great first of the month day everyone. This is where March comes in like a lamb but will go out like a lion. I hope not.

MayinJerset
March 1st, 2013, 08:50 AM
Good Morning Blondie, I say Good Bye to all the snow and sickness of February and Hello to March's Sweet Springtime with birds singing in the trees and early blooming bulbs poking their heads through the wet ground to brighten our days and all our friends and their families feeling better.

My, you certainly have been very busy finishing so many COC 's and other items and hoping that I can follow your lead and get something done soon. My M*QS order arrived yesterday afternoon with Jenny's magazine in it and there certainly were several quilts I'd love to start ASAP. I think a table runner in Spring colors will help brighten up the house, it always seems so dreary in February after I put all the bright Christmas decorations away.

Hope DH feels well enough to go food shopping with me today, we've skipped a week and the cupboards and fridge are bare. I did shop at the farm market the other day for veggies for soups and some fresh farm eggs. I also picked up a bag of Buddies, tiny oranges from California. They are delicious and so sweet although you need to eat 2 or 3 to make an orange serving. I've been going through them so quickly I need to get another bag. DH won't eat them, not that he doesn't like oranges it is that he doesn't like to peel them. These little buddies peel away so easily and there are hardly any pits so it's his loss.

Putting a Smile on my Face and greeting Sweet March. May

Granny Judy
March 1st, 2013, 08:55 AM
I happy to say I woke up this morning with lots of "quilty plans" running thru my head. I'm excited to get the top put together on 2012 Mystery Quilt 5. (once that darn cat got off my blocks.) And On my design wall is the final layout of all those 1/2 hexis...
I wanna get them sewn together and That will take up most of my week end . I may not emerge from the sewing area til all done.

Time out needed for some much needed caffeine. Got my Smile on and warming my hands with the Cup!! It's gonna be a great day!!

Bubby
March 1st, 2013, 08:57 AM
Good Morning,

Blondie, I'm glad LL is on the mend! Whatever this bug is, it's been a hard one to shake. today my steroids are decreased to half and hopefully that will make me feel better...less side effects. I'm still living in my jammies and laying around reading.

Yesterday I finished the binding on my second PICU quilt and washed both quilts to get them ready to mail Monday. I also have a quilt to send to my DGD for her birthday the 9th. I will get on the ball this morning and make her a pillowcase or two to go along with her JRR quilt. My quilting year so far hasn't exactly been stellar...finishing up some odds and ends and making plans for upcoming projects. That's okay, because every quilting year is different. I have two Valentine table runners to finish up and I finished up a little twister wreath Christmas piece that will be a giftie this year for a friend .

DH has to work a double shift today, so it will be a long day for both of us.

Take care everyone...and take extra good care if you are dealing with the sickness that seems to be everywhere right now.

Hugs All Around, Barb

Lisapc
March 1st, 2013, 08:59 AM
Good morning!

My daughter went into the hospital at 10 am yesterday to be induced. Nothing happened and they were starting to talk c-section. At 7:45 pm she was still feeling no pain but the doctor checked her and she was 4 centimeters dilated so he broke her water. The baby arrived just around 11:30 pm. I will be heading to the hospital when my little guy gets on the bus for school. I will take pictures and post later. I think they are both healthy and I am a Grammy again!

Prayers and smiles to all!

MRoy
March 1st, 2013, 09:03 AM
Congratulations Grammy Lisa!

lilmouse
March 1st, 2013, 09:12 AM
Congratulations Grandma (Lisa) - hope everything goes well today for everyone - I have my First Friday quilters meeting today; looking forward to that - was sick most of yesterday; feeling a little better today....something is really bothering my tummy - off and on for the last couple of weeks.....no clue what is bothering it; oh well, it will eventually go away....although I am getting a little tired of eating lots of rice. Got everything ready to start quilting and there it sits....
Have no idea what all I have done this year.....I know I currently have 1 picu quilt almost done, 2 finished and 4 quilts waiting to be quilted....that was all done this year.....have made several mug rugs....and got all my fabric folded ruler method....and my house is fairly organized....I guess I am doing okay!
Not much going on here, more snow but it is light and I don't think it will continue for long.....a dusting maybe but I am so ready for spring...this year winter seems to have lasted forever!
Glad to hear those who have been ill are slowing getting better, hugs and prayers for all, keep warm and spring has to come eventually!

aliaslaceygreen
March 1st, 2013, 09:24 AM
Congrats, Lisa! Look forward to photos! I am still trying to type with

tatiana on my lap....she wont leave if its available... yesterday was long at work... i put out most fires, and have ammunition, if you will, proving exactly why the girl who wants the freed up full time position is in no way capable of the job....

my foot ached last night! But this morning it feels pretty ok,..so Offf to work I will go again... she gave me a shorter day because of hours being over, so....
I may come home and attempt the sewing machine... havent done so since the surgery so therefore my UFO pile is only getting higher...since new ideas keep coming, you know?

Blondie, I hope a different kind of Friday crowd shows up for you today and that it goes by fast!!

Take care all

dwil23
March 1st, 2013, 09:47 AM
Congrats Lisa and family!

Blondie, I AM impressed! I have not done well in the quilt dept so far this year. I finished one that was started last year, made 4 tops (3 JRR, 1DSLC), pieced blocks (D9P) for a top that aren't sewn together yet and am working on a small quilt for my grand-dog. I'm doing this because I want to try a different type of batting and I figured Penne wouldn't care what kind of batting was in her quilt.

Oh, and pictures. Yes. They have become the bane of my existence. I was an avid scrapbooker. Now I cringe at the thought. I hate the digital picture stuff. So, I have been reduced to just looking at and saving pictures to my phone that are sent to me and taking some with that phone. Last night as I was finishing up cutting my flying geese units, my ruler knocked the phone of and it hit the tile floor. Gone. Nothing. All pictures I have taken in the last year with it are forever lost. I hate digital. I have no luck with saving pictures. I've tried, believe me. My kids, who know how to do it, never have the time, so Mom's pictures will only exist in her memory.

Well, going to my friend's house for a little sewing today and she has informed me that she has to take her Dad to a doctor's appt in a little town about 45 minutes north of here. And, there is a quilt shop there - so I will ride along and we will shop while Dad is at his appt! It is a beautiful, cool day, so it will be nice for a little field trip.

Everyone have a Blessed and productive day!

buckeyequilter
March 1st, 2013, 09:51 AM
Good morning....

Congratulations Lisa :)

Happy to hear that everyone is starting to feel better :)

I have a doctors appointment this morning for my regular bp check but I'm going to talk to the doctor about some issues I have since my brother passed away. I'm not dealing well with it....so hopefully talking to him might help clear some things up.

While I'm in town I might stop in JoAnn's and get some batting to finish up some projects. I like to buy the queen size because I can do so much with that size. Then when I get home I think I'll get my tumbler quilt pinned on my frame...I auditioned some thread this morning and picked that out and think I'm going to do edge to edge quilting on it. I was going to try SITD but I still don't have my rulers yet and they won't be shipped until next week and I'll need to practice. Then hopefully I can get some stuff cleaned up and organized in my sewing room.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all....

debinmalaga
March 1st, 2013, 09:59 AM
Good morning all! TGIF, whew! I'm off this weekend, and was hoping to give the house a good clean tomorrow and do lots of sewing Sunday, but I gave my ankle a nasty sprain yesterday and don't know if I'll be able to handle the stairs to my sewing room by Sunday... keeping my fingers crossed!

So glad that February is O-V-E-R!

Blondie, wish I could say I had a good list of quilting accomplishments so far for the year, but 2013 hasn't worked out that way so far. Hopefully I will pick up where I left off last spring and start really accomplishing again! You certainly have accomplished a LOT. Good for you!!!

Have a wonderful March 1st, everyone!

Renate
March 1st, 2013, 09:59 AM
A little fish is born and GrammyLi is happy. Isn`t it the best start a month can have (ok, it was the last day in Feb, but just ad the door to March). A Fish-girl is really one of the best. A lot of phantasie, always looking a little bit like an elfin ... let me just check the chinese horoskope, in which year we are now: it the year of the snake. "Subtle" is the expression, describing a Snake-Fish-Girl mostly. Just as elfins are :-) Congratulations again dear Lisa and to your complete family.

Looking back to the last 2 month, what did I get ready:
- the "Sweet sweet sugar" Chevron
- the "Uschi Obermaier" 3-Dudes Quilt and one pillow in the same pattern
- about 5 totes
- one small teddybear
- and started with 2 rests for our sunbeds in an "hourglass" pattern

meemeecyn
March 1st, 2013, 10:38 AM
Glad to hear Larry and Barb are feeling better. That was some 'bug' that invaded you!!

Congrats Lisa on becoming a Grammie again. A boy! Yippeeeeeee!!

Shirley, it takes a long time.....

Prayers said for Steffie (Evilynn)

I'm off to the grandgirls this morning and then in the afternoon myself and 2 friends are dropping off some quilt tops at the LAQ, then to a fabric shop to 'browse'!!!!

Have a good day, everyone.
Cynthia

pcbatiks
March 1st, 2013, 10:56 AM
Congratulations Grandma Lisa!

CrazyMtnLady
March 1st, 2013, 11:13 AM
Good morning everyone. I got up and at 'em this morning...got the cats and dogs feed and watered, got the fire going again in the wood stove, made coffee and went out and gave the horse and mule their hay and broke the ice on the water in the trough. Oh and I feed the birds also. Now I can relax a little bit before getting breakfast.

Been sneezing my head off since I woke up! Sure hope it is just allergies to the hay and cats and not a bug coming on. But I do have a bit of a scratchy throat too.

I made my very first Mug Rug yesterday. Will post pictures soon. I am going to send it to my girlfriend from high school (wow...40 years ago) who lives in Ohio. She sent me 5 quilting books and I want to thank her for them.

Made bread and cinnamon rolls yesterday...About time to heat up a roll to go with my coffee.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Hugs and prayers to all. Continued healing to Barb, LL and all those with the yuckies!

LynneLeavell
March 1st, 2013, 12:06 PM
Blondie - I'm glad you are getting something accomplished. I did finish two receiving blankets and a growth chart for a baby gift over the weekend so my husband could take it to work on Monday. The baby is already a month old, but to my defence did not know what the couple was having until after it was born. I'm two months behind on my block of the month's at my local quilt shop. If I could find someone to cut my projects for me where all I had to do was sew them together I could get some stuff accomplished. When my husband and I have to watch my son's little boy I have gotten now where I take a project with me and cut it after he has gone to sleep. He goes to bed by 8:30.

Oh well prayers going out to all who need them and to those who don't. Happy Friday everyone.

auntiemern
March 1st, 2013, 12:20 PM
Congrats Lisa, she is finally here. Blondie, you certainly have been busy, not so much here, but hey I've had health issues and GK's a lot. Barb, how did you manage to get all that I if you are supposed to be resting. Obviously you don't quite get the 'resting' part. That means laying around, sleeping, and not doing anything. I have managed to get a few things done this year. 5 mug rugs, 1 2 quilts completed for PICU, and one top ready to get sandwiched, and quilted, DGD #1's b'day quilt finished, DGD#2, top, done, sandwiched and over half quilted. Also have some COC blocks ready to mail. Went to dermatologist yesterday, and finally got a difinitive answer. Will put all that in diff post.Have to get ready to go get blood work, and pic up kids. Called school off today, we had some snow. Hugs and blessings to all, Prayers for those in need. After last night I realize more people need them and don't even know it.

EnumclawGramma
March 1st, 2013, 12:23 PM
Good morning! Here comes Spring! Are you ready?!

Let's see....I've got an Xs and Os quilt top ready to be sandwiched, nearly half done with my Periwinkle quilt (had to stop, ran out of white, got it yesterday!) made 5 totes, a zig zag table runner, a Valentine's runner, several practice mug rugs and one for the swap. I'm not nearly as productive as some, but plugging along!

Shirley, you're in my thoughts today. It's hard. Sending a hug your way.....

Off to get DGD to school and then start my day in earnest!

Hugs and prayers to all who want/need!

sally
March 1st, 2013, 12:32 PM
Congrats Lisa and good morning gang! Hubby just woke up....I have been up for over an hour. He forgot to put up the gate to stop the 20 yr old cat fromm pestering us during the night so I slept BAD! Between him meowing for food (the cat not my hubby...lol) and the dog getting up twice during the night and the other cat's purring and my dreaming about material...yes I had a dream I was in a fabric store looking for gray material I wanted a small piece for applique. Anyhow I slept crappy... On a good note we are going out to dinner tonight with some other couples and I am going to wear my new dress...DH hasn't even seen it yet. Blue velvet with some bling....
Well must get ready for work...TTYL. Hugs to you all!

GuitarGramma
March 1st, 2013, 12:53 PM
Congratulations to Lisa on your new grandbaby. I'm glad to be in March, but sorry that I didn't finish my February UFO. I keep telling myself February is a short month -- if it had 31 days I woulda coulda shouda finished!

February ended poorly. My computer got infected with a virus and I had to spend $90 to get it cleaned, plus sit on the phone or two hours while McAfee worked. I just felt subdued for the whole rest of the day, never finished the housework I'd promised myself I'd do, didn't write the music I need for church tomorrow. Yikes! I guess I better say good-bye and get to work!

Love to all,
Toni

shannonsaulter
March 1st, 2013, 01:20 PM
GM everyone!!!!
Blondie so glad ur hubby is getting better..
Lisa Congrats!!!
It's back to work for me today and four more to go...have been straightening the sewing area since I have stuff everywhere
I will get my flannel washed for the bruise quiltand hope to get it done
soon..

ilive2craft2
March 1st, 2013, 01:26 PM
Good Morning everyone! Happy March 1st. I am so happy February is done. Back to work yesterday and today for at least a half day - this bronchitis crap is awful and just hangs on. Still coughing, but starting to feel like myself again. I also got the steroids and they made the rest of me feel worse, but now they are done. Glad everyone else is also on the mend.

Congrats Lisa on the new grandbaby - can't wait to see pictures, I am sure he is gorgeous!

Not much quilting to report other than dreaming and buying lots of fabric - I am going to have to get the mail again this week, so hubby doesn't see it all.... :)

Suzyq
March 1st, 2013, 01:43 PM
First off congrats and big Huggies to you Lisa! What a happy time! Am recuperating from my quilting class last night, the fourth in a series of six weeks at a local shop... My head is just a whirlin' around...we learned Bargello, which any sane person would run from unless having downed something that should be served with a cherry! Yikes you gotta be some Wide awake for Bargello! Anybody ever done any? We only had a 12" block to do fortunately,,, can't imagine doing a whole quilt! We're doing a sampler quilt in class with lots of homework. I chose fall colors for mine but everyone else is using batiks against a black background. Will post photos when done.. I love taking classes, am fortunate to have four quilting shops within a 45 min drive from home so how could I NOT quilt? Have a happy day everyone and prayers to those in need....

Sandy Navas
March 2nd, 2013, 12:56 AM
After last night I realize more people need them and don't even know it.
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/12200000/For-Susie-never-a-truer-word-said-clarklover-12249504-590-640.jpg (http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/peterslover/images/12249504/title/susie-never-truer-word-photo)

nanaleslie
March 2nd, 2013, 01:00 AM
That is awesome Lisa. Congratulations to you and your family! :D
Good morning!

My daughter went into the hospital at 10 am yesterday to be induced. Nothing happened and they were starting to talk c-section. At 7:45 pm she was still feeling no pain but the doctor checked her and she was 4 centimeters dilated so he broke her water. The baby arrived just around 11:30 pm. I will be heading to the hospital when my little guy gets on the bus for school. I will take pictures and post later. I think they are both healthy and I am a Grammy again!

Prayers and smiles to all!