PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

phoots
March 1st, 2013, 01:48 AM
A number of weeks ago, I can't remember how long it's been, I asked for prayers for my cat who has a malignant tumor on her back leg. At that time the tumor was about the size of a walnut. Today it's about the size of half of an orange and it is spreading up onto her back. She used to play all the time, but almost never plays anymore. She is eating and drinking.

Please pray for my baby, Daphne, and for my BF and I. We really don't know what to expect or when to expect it. Because I don't have a job, we're trying to avoid the vet until we really need too. He and I are both scared too.

Thank you. Love ya all.

Pam in Vegas

Meli
March 1st, 2013, 01:52 AM
Oh, Pam! Definitely keep you, your BF, and Daphne in my prayers. If it's grown that fast that quickly, you may want to at least call the vet. They may work with you on the expense of healing your baby girl (HUGS)

Mpyles
March 1st, 2013, 01:53 AM
Prayers for kitty and family

shannonsaulter
March 1st, 2013, 01:59 AM
Pam I would gladly help with any bills you might get Please take your baby to the vet...Send me your address or if you have paypal I will send you what I can...My pups are my babies I know how it feels to be in a tight spot...

auntiemern
March 1st, 2013, 02:34 AM
So sorry your baby isn't feeling well. Prayers for you and your kitty.

bkthomas
March 1st, 2013, 03:59 AM
Pam I would gladly help with any bills you might get Please take your baby to the vet...Send me your address or if you have paypal I will send you what I can...My pups are my babies I know how it feels to be in a tight spot...

Shannon, that is thee sweetest thing I've seen in a while - wish I could help monetarily!

Pam, all I can do is prayers - always.....

Monique
March 1st, 2013, 08:50 AM
Pam, thinking of you and saying prayers.

bopeep
March 1st, 2013, 10:37 AM
Pam.....sorry to hear about your baby.....I know how it feels I have been there........
{{{HUGS}}} & {{{{PRAYERS}}}}
bopeep

Suzette
March 1st, 2013, 10:57 AM
Sweetie, you have got to get your kitty to a vet. Some tumors can be quite painful. This one is very aggressive and must be dealt with. I'm sorry to be so blunt and direct, but we have an obligation to our pets and your kitty needs you to step up and get her some medical treatment. I know what it's like to not have the money, but some vets will let you make payments. Discuss this with your vet and if he/she is not agreeable, check out cat clinics in your area that would see her for less money or perhaps even for free.

I wish you and your kitty the best, but please get her some medical attention.

CrazyMtnLady
March 1st, 2013, 11:26 AM
So sorry to hear the tumor is growing. Please give your cat tons of love and find a vet that will take care of it for you. Contact the Humane Society or a Pet Rescue service in your area and see if they can recommend a vet in your area.
Prayers.

aqua-teal71
March 1st, 2013, 11:35 AM
sending prayers your way.

Suzyq
March 1st, 2013, 02:02 PM
Great advice Suzette! We love our fur babies .....

Sandy Navas
March 1st, 2013, 08:01 PM
Oh, Pam - I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Suzette. I don't know about your area but we have a local group that will do free work-ups and shots for those who need. Call around - prayers being said!!

phoots
March 2nd, 2013, 03:28 AM
Thank you everyone for your words of support. We have taken Daphne to the vet, when we first noticed the lump. She did a needle biopsy and that's how we found it was malignant. Back then they gave up one option to save her life...to have her rear leg and hip removed. My BF and I thought about the and agonized over this for days before we made the decision to not do anything and just love her as long as we could. The cost of the surgery at that point would've been in the neighborhood of $2000. But we didn't want to put Daphne through that, losing a leg and a hip! We were really afraid for her quality of life!

Now it would be too late to do the surgery. My sweet Daphne is very tender, as I found out today, where the lump is. But, other than that and the fact that she sleeps a lot, she's fine! She still eats well, drinks water, uses the litter box, and jumps up to her perches. She just doesn't play, which is something she used to do a lot of.

Meli and Shannon, I truely thank you for your offers to help pay for her treatment. It was really sweet for the two of you to make that offer. But, it is too late now. We just need to watch and decide when it will be time to let her go to the Rainbow Bridge.

My love to you all!

Pam in Vegas

Suzette
March 2nd, 2013, 09:10 AM
Pam, I feel your heartbreak. But please remember that animals hide their pain very well, (a survival technique honed by their wild ancestors that has carried over despite them being domesticized). But the point is, your sweet little one is most likely in considerable pain, much more than she's letting you know. As loving, responsible pet owners, it's up to us to know when to let go and say goodbye. I've had to do this too many times myself, so I know firsthand how very, very difficult this decision can be and my heart goes out to you.

But the worst thing we can do is keep them alive beyond their quality of life. I did this once years ago with a cat I dearly loved and just couldn't say goodbye to even though she needed me to make that decision for her. It's something I have always regretted as she suffered needlessly because of it. I have never made that mistake again with any of my pets.

Anyway, I will keep you and your kitty in my prayers. We're here for you anytime you need a shoulder . . .

dwil23
March 2nd, 2013, 09:30 AM
Prayers for you all, I understand what you are feeling now.