PDA

View Full Version : eye surgery

Stetler
February 28th, 2013, 09:07 PM
I have a hole in my retina and have to have surgery on the 12th of March, then I have two weeks with my head down for full recovery. I have lots of health issues such as RA and Fibro, so I'm concerned about the pain from this awkward position I'll be in from the head down recovery (that is what it is actually called). I have a couple of projects I want to get done before the surgery and wondered if any of you may be the praying sort I'd appreciate some thrown my way.
Thanks!
Sarah

Monique
February 28th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Sarah, saying prayers for a full recovery. Do you mean that your head has to rest on your chin? That does sound very uncomfortable.

bopeep
February 28th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Sarah..........I will be Praying for you for a speedy recovery....
bopeep

asta
February 28th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Prayers for a quick recovery, really hope all turns out well for you.
Beth

lilmouse
February 28th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Keeping you in prayer Sarah and good luck with the surgery!

Blondie
February 28th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Of course, I would feel privileged to say a prayer for you. Please keep us updated.
Blessings to you
Blondie

twnkeyes
February 28th, 2013, 09:47 PM
I will gladly pray for a full recovery with little discomfort. God Bless!

Doloris
February 28th, 2013, 09:51 PM
for those wondering, read this. http://www.vitrectomy.com/?m=suggestions Sarah you have my prayers too.

ilive2craft2
February 28th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Praying for a quick and painless recovery and that none of your other conditions are aggravated by this. My dad had RA, so I know a little of what you are going through. Lisa

Kaytessa
February 28th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Adding you to our prayer list. May you have a speedy recovery, comfort and peace.

Stetler
February 28th, 2013, 10:01 PM
You all are the best, I really appreciate your prayers. In answer to a question, my head has to be parallel to the floor most of the time, sort of chin to chest.

madampolo
February 28th, 2013, 10:03 PM
I was going to suggest sewing hexies together, but that was before I knew you had to have your nose down. I thought maybe you would be on your back with your head lower than your feet. So, bad idea. Your RA might prevent that, too. What would be good is to buy some audible books that are read to you. A lot of them are 13 hours long and keep you well entertained. We are listening to one that is 23 hours long right now, but that is unusual. Gone with the Wind was I think 36 hours long, as was Atlas Shrugged. Anyway, that's an idea.

nanaleslie
February 28th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Sarah, I hope your surgery and recovery will be speedy. You will be back quilting before you know it. Audio books are a great way to past the time when you are recovering from your eye surgery.

Jess1377
February 28th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Prayers will certainly be said for you for quick, and as pain free as possible recovery.

Sandy Navas
February 28th, 2013, 11:22 PM
From someone who has battled eye and vision problems for the past 40+ years I have to say some very special prayers for you and for an easy, pain-free recovery.

CrazyMtnLady
February 28th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Prayers being said for you and a quick recovery.

mom4him
February 28th, 2013, 11:42 PM
You are in my prayers.

phoots
March 1st, 2013, 01:42 AM
Sarah, I'm curious, is it one eye or both? I have Macular Degeneration in my right eye and it drives me crazy. The vision in my right eye is horrible. I did have treatment for it until the doctor refused to see me because I owed him money. Now I just have a yearly eye exam. But that's my problem.

I will pray for you, for a speedy recovery.

Pam in Vegas

Suzyq
March 1st, 2013, 02:18 PM
Sarah, sending you big comfort hugs as I well understand and sympathize with what you're going through after numerous eye surgeries. Take care of yourself, we're all thinking of you ...

SuzyQue
March 1st, 2013, 02:33 PM
Prayers being said, here, too. I think the suggestion of audio books is a great way to pass the time. I think I would need a strap to hold my head down all the time. That will be a challenge!