PDA

View Full Version : Thursday

Blondie
February 28th, 2013, 08:53 AM

Happy Thursday Folksies

Unfortunately, I have learned Whinese this week. I am tired. So is Luscious. He went back to the Dr yesterday and was threatened with quarantine and hospitilization. Not actually, but almost. He was given an inhaler AND an antibiotic this time. Plus a different cough med. Poor baby. Neither one of us have slept well this week which is saying a lot since in the past few years we have been able to sleep like logs. So, I am not working today but will tomorrow and Saturday; hopefully by tomorrow he will have enough anti biotics in him to leave him alone for awhile. No sewing for me this week - well, some hand stitching each day which I always have to do, but not enough to get anything completed. Since Luscious Larry never gets sick like this it is upsetting to me although I make light of it. Poor baby is pitiful. I really want to hug all over him - just won't because he be a big huge germ right now. Oh well, he is getting used to kiss noise and the scent of lysol.

I am going to attempt to go back to bed and then possibly down stairs to see if my machine is still there. It has been a week since I have used it!

Smile, because if I can sit here and smile after several days of very little sleep, you can! Yes, you can. So smile, think good thoughts and believe there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Life's too short to suck lemons without some sugar.

MRoy
February 28th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Good morning Blondie! Bless LL's heart (and yours). If you're like me, it's tough being sick or hurting yourself but even tougher when it's your loved one. I hope you can both get some good rest and healing today.

Nothing exciting going on here. I came home last night after freezing all day at work, got warm and was asleep before 8:00. One of the thermostats at work is in the supervisor's office and she runs a space heater which keeps her toasty warm and prevents the heat from coming on so my office is cold. She's out of the office till Monday, thank goodness! Have a great day and try to stay warm!

Renate
February 28th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Blondie my dear,
I am feeling with you. If you would like to have an idea what to do from a natural doctor, here is something I always told my clients, what they can do to support the "throwing" out this awful bazilluses (it does not desturb any other medicine, it only makes the "throw out" more liquid and easier for the lung to bring it out):
You need one big onion and rock sugar (best would be the brown one). Chop the onion in small cubes, but it in a bowl, put a big spoon full of rock sugar on it, mix it a little bit, cover the bowl with a plate to hold off the light and wait some hours. than you get a kind of sirup, sieve the onions out and than your darling should take a teespoon full every 4 hours. Also he should drink a lot of hot tea. The tast is not like you may think, also children take this special nature medicin. If you want you can put in some honey. I don`t know anything that liquifies the mucus that quickly. This makes expectoration much more easy and brings out the bacteries. Also in the onions is a lot of vitamin c, that goes into this sirup. Your darling should stopp to take this sirup latest at 8.00 pm and only begin again in the morning after waking up.

I hope I could help
Renate

aliaslaceygreen
February 28th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Good morning... yes, I am back at the early end of things... I go back to work today after a month off for my foot. I was supposed to go back yesterday, but the paper work got all messed up. Just as well, as I was up with Gandolf ....There is a blog, under my siggie, where I have posted a bunch of his funniest photos...

Tatiana is glued to me...as a matter of fact she believes my fast typing fingers are meant to be a massage to her neck and chin and is making it very difficult to type. Poor baby, she didn't know she enjoyed his company so much....

Well. Gotta go do it, but I am NOT looking forward to the disaster at work that awaits...
I am sorry Luscious is still doing poorly.... hope things turn around fast with the right meds...

Take care, all!

lilmouse
February 28th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Morning Blondie, sorry to hear you have had such a rough week, poor LL, twice to the doctor in one week is rough! Hopefully the new stuff will help and you both can get some sleep....been busy here, worked yesterday, pinned two quilts, made binding for said quilts and managed to get most of my laundry done! I was beat when I got home yesterday after all of that...almost was late to work, was busy pinning the last quilt when I glanced at my watch....should have been heading out the door and I wasn't dressed for work yet! Boy did I get my rear in gear!..made it to work on time...barely! LOL Next time I will set a timer...time flew at home and dragged at work, with all the bad weather work is really slow!
Hoping today to start quilting on the COC quilt I am making for the family that lost their breadwinner and the auction quilt I messaged you about. Have to have it finished .....auction is on the 9th of March...yikes! At least I know how I am going to quilt so that part of it is no mystery...will let you know how it comes out and will take pictures with my camera and see if I can figure out how to post...have to learn sometime!
Hope everything goes better today for everyone who is under the weather and in need of prayer...sending out cyber hugs and prayers for all!

Granny Judy
February 28th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Myrna, you need your own space heater??
Blondie, Hope that germ bug gets killed off with this round of meds. NO fuN having to speak whinese... Thankfully we have missed learning that language.

I hooked up with some of my Grade school classmates on facebook..and what fun it was looking at old photos from those days...
Surprisingly there are a few of us still alive and hanging in there.

dwil23
February 28th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Sorry to hear you all are still sick, Blondie. As soon as it's warm enough, open all the windows and air out the house - kick all those germs out. And try Renate's natural remedy. I will keep that recipe somewhere, although hope I won't need it, but I have had a bit of a cough the last few days.

Yesterday was a bust for quilting. I drug all my stuff to my friends, we spent some time catching up, show and telling, looking at Jenni's new mag she had a copy of, ate lunch, and then when we finally got to quilting.... I cut out the pieces for 4 star blocks using the flying geese ruler. Then, I got ONE put together. So much for my day! She SITD 11 rows on a JRR. Pathetic! Oh well, at least we had fun and will try to do better tomorrow.

Everyone have a Blessed Day!

Blondie
February 28th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Thanks Renate! My granny did the onion and sugar thing and I had completely forgotten that one! Yay. You are a good friend!
i didn't know all the reasoning behind this, I bet she didn't either, but then I am so for anything that can be done easily without lots of meds. Big hugs!
Blondie

Blondie my dear,
I am feeling with you. If you would like to have an idea what to do from a natural doctor, here is something I always told my clients, what they can do to support the "throwing" out this awful bazilluses (it does not desturb any other medicine, it only makes the "throw out" more liquid and easier for the lung to bring it out):
You need one big onion and rock sugar (best would be the brown one). Chop the onion in small cubes, but it in a bowl, put a big spoon full of rock sugar on it, mix it a little bit, cover the bowl with a plate to hold off the light and wait some hours. than you get a kind of sirup, sieve the onions out and than your darling should take a teespoon full every 4 hours. Also he should drink a lot of hot tea. The tast is not like you may think, also children take this special nature medicin. If you want you can put in some honey. I don`t know anything that liquifies the mucus that quickly. This makes expectoration much more easy and brings out the bacteries. Also in the onions is a lot of vitamin c, that goes into this sirup. Your darling should stopp to take this sirup latest at 8.00 pm and only begin again in the morning after waking up.

I hope I could help
Renate

Bubby
February 28th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Good Morning,

I'm trying not to get so behind in the forum that I'll have to sign up as a new member!

I'm beginning to feel a little better. I have to go back to the doc today for a repeat x-ray and appointment. My chest if feeling better and it's easier to get a full breath. Renate, I have used your natural remedy many times in the past. Thanks for posting it...I had forgotten about it. Tomorrow I begin reducing my steroids and I think that will make a good difference...such side effects! I convinced DH he could go back to work today and I would be fine. He works less than 5 minutes from home and could get home quickly if I need him.

My new Quilting Quickly magazine came yesterday, so I will have some good reading today. I love Natalie's house quilt...which I am in the process of making from when it was first published in Easy Quilts a few months ago. Natalie is a huge talent!

Blondie, I hope LL gets back on his feet soon. This bug going around is a real monster...we have had three deaths in our area from it...two older people and one child. My prayers are with everyone with the bug...

I'm off to see the wizard (actually back to bed for a while)....Hugs and many thanks for the prayers....Barb

Jean Sewing Machine
February 28th, 2013, 10:35 AM
I am so sorry you all are having such problems with the flu bug. I hope you all get better soon! My friend had it and really was sick for over a month with the cough. I hate to hear friends in such states of serious illness. That onion remedy made me shiver at the thought, but I read the benefit of onion for sucking up germs. Hey, if Lysol and hand sanitizer doesn't work, go for the natural remedies! I'm praying for you all to kick this bug and get back on your feet soon!

Lisapc
February 28th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Blondie: Losing sleep destroys me. I felt so tired yesterday that my whole body ached and went to bed early and surprisingly got up early. I was awake before Hubby's alarm went off. I think part of that is nerves.

Today is supposed to be the day. My daughter is to wait from 6 am to 10 pm for a call from the hospital to come in and be induced. My new granddaughter should make her arrival today. No word yet. The hospital is only 10-15 minutes away from me so as soon as Brenna calls and tells me to come down I will. It is her labor and delivery and I am going to stay away until she tells me she wants me.

Renate: Thank you for this recipe. I will keep it for the next time someone has a cold. Do you know anything that can help a dying thyroid?

Wishing you all a great day full of joy like the day I hope to have!

meemeecyn
February 28th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Good morning! Blondie....praying that LL gets better soon. No fun being sick and I can read between the lines knowing how worried you are. You try and get as much rest as you can); that will help shore up your immune system. Wish I lived closer...homemade chicken soup (that you don't have to make!) might help some.

Barb, glad to hear you are feeling better. What a haul for you! Pneumonia takes a long time for everything to get back to 'normal.'

Renate, will keep that 'recipe' in my files. Onion is good for sooooo many ailments.

Trish, good luck with the 'disaster'. You'll figure it all out.

Judy, isn't it great re-connecting after all these years? I am enjoying doing that with high school classmates.

Susie.....sounds like you are enjoying a new challenge. That is good for us, right?

I've got errands to run and then hope to do more sewing. The weather has kept us in for a couple of days, but have managed to finish some UFO's!!!

Have a great day everyone.
Cynthia

MayinJerset
February 28th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Renate, Thank you for the natural meds recipe - I've copied it in my journal. DH sure could have used it as he had been coughing non stop for days, finally on RX meds and it's better but not gone. Nurse Practitioner told him if he wasn't better soon they would schedule him for a chest xray.

Have my car trunk and back seat filled with 9 trash bags that hold 560 washed colorful pillowcases in quart sized baggies. I'm to meet our ConKerrCancer north Jersey coordinator for a drop off this afternoon. Only problem is that she is flying back to Jersey from Florida this morning and I hope she gets here in time to meet me. It was her idea to meet this afternoon as tomorrow she's scheduled to distrbute the pillowcases to 4 large hospitals, 2 in north Jersey, 1 in NYCity and 1 to Children's Hosptial in Philladelphia, PA. Wishing her Good Luck with her schedule.

It will be a good to have the pillowcases out of the house and onto the beds of the kids in the hospitals. My guild's pillowcase group has met twice this year and we have over 100 pillowcases that we will distribute to our local hospitals. Next Saturday we will hold another sew in at our LQS as part of American Patchworks Million Pillowcase Project. I'm really happy to be part of this project as I'm so thankful none of my children or grandchildren have had to spent time in the hospital.

How are our mid country friends doing after the lastest snow storms? Hope everyone got through them safely. May

Judy - I reconnected with my BF from high school and well as some other hs friends on Facebook and it is fun to go over the good times. Also met an author who is writing about a high school friend who was brutaly raped and murdered.

CountryHut
February 28th, 2013, 11:09 AM
oh my
*looking for my Amway can of
PURSUE Disinfectant Deodorizer Spray*~ . . .
*reaching in my monitor*~ . . ok ya'll move your fingers and hands out of the way . . *spraying everyone keyboards and rooms . .

there that should help with all the nasty winter germs floating around this
thread

*holding up my romper room mirror*~ . . I see Blondie
and Trish and Renate, Myrna and Lilmouse - *pointing*~ looky there dwil23
a neighboring Floridian and Bubby . . oh looky theres Granny Judy
and Jean the Jellyroll queen . . and Lisapc, Cynthia and May in the Garden State

I see a few thread lurkers checking in but keeping their fingers quiet

well Good Morning everyone

I can't believe the hubby is REALLY sleeping in . . he's never slept in
this late . . gotten be something up . .
but anyway . . . my nose was out of sorts abit last evening -
neighbor called wanted to chat with the hubby - of course right in the middle
of dinner . . gee .. the way the hubby acted -- as if there was something
wrong . . so they met at the fence -
now you know men like to gossip more than women do . . right? . .
hubby comes in . . and said . . well I just paid for a load of rock
for the road -- the h*ll you say . . . so where does this fit in our budget
of repairing what the neighbor kids tearing up? . .
and then I said . . so does mean I have to wait ANOTHER MONTH
for the kitchen cabinets that was promised 15 years ago . .
so I open my vertical blinds and start pointing -- that person and that person
and that person and that person have done nothing to the repairing
of this dirt road and the old fart at the end of the road only screws it up
with his tractor . . . he figures that buying gas for his tractor was enough
to pitch in over 25 years of repairing the road . .
so with 10 houses on this road - there are only 3 households that have
repaired the dirt road over and over again for the pass 25 years . . .
and we are lucky enough - we get to repair 2 roads . . LOL*~ . .one road
in front of our property and one road behind our property . .
so now . . how in the world are the deer going to get down
a rocky road to my yard for feeding . . .
well a rocky road should make the old fart at the end of the road
feel better - maybe the water won't seeps into his car when he drives through
the big mud puddles . . .

Ok that is my "issue" for the day . . I'm over it . . NEXT . .

I guess I will go lurking for a bit and check out some new
picture in the gallery

love seeing everyone's work of art . .

everyone have a safe and wonderful germ free day *now that you've been sprayed*~

*snickering*~

buckeyequilter
February 28th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Good morning....

Prayers being said for all our friends and their families that are not feeling well.

It's snowing here this morning, I am so ready for spring! When I get home today I am planning to finish up my curtains for the dining room and then work on a couple of other projects that I have going.

Have a wonderful day! Hugs,

CrazyMtnLady
February 28th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Good "sneezy" Morning to you all. Sorry to hear so many of you are sick or have sick ones at home. DH has been really stuffy and miserable and being stuffy on top of his C.O.P.D. does not make him a happy camper. I am going to try the onion and sugar and see if he can get rid of some of that gunk that he has.

Lisa....the lady doctor that moved in down the road to me to take KELP. I have also found Iodine drops at the pharmacy and a Thyroid Supporter capsule at the health food store. Kelp is a great source of Iodine which should help.

Spring is definitely around the corner. We were watching and listening to the birds around the feeders yesterday and on of them up in the tree started singing his mating song. It is amazing how birds have different sounds in the winter and spring. This was definitely a Spring song. :) I hope it is here soon, I am so tired of cutting wood! But we still have a few more days with temps in the 30s. Monday we are suppose to get into the 50s and continue that for a while...Yippee...I'll be able to catch up on my laundry. :( And we will be able to get the rest of my shelves built. :)

Going to make a batch of bread today. And try to get some time at my sewing machine.

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all. Hope everyone that is ill starts feeling better real soon.

bakermom
February 28th, 2013, 01:30 PM
It's snowing here again, has been on and off since last night. not much to show for it though.
I'm headed out soon to get stuff for DD's birthday cake. My baby is 23. Her sister offered to decorate it for me so I need to get it done and over to her. I started another tote and want to finish it later today as a gift for the birthday girl.
Still feeling crappy with whatever crud has been lingering. Need to pick up some more medicine, too.
Speaking of home remedies, my BIL makes some kind of cough syrup with lemons, whiskey and sugar. You use the "juice" as a cough syrup and use the lemons in hot tea.

shannonsaulter
February 28th, 2013, 01:33 PM
GM all its back to work today and I to am now fighting a bug..uhhh
Hope you get some rest Blondie and that the meds help L.
Have a great day all..

SallyO'Sews
February 28th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Big cyber hugs to all the Forum Folks... Hope you're all on the mend soon!
Renate - thanks for the onion recipe... I'll have to try it (well, I hope not to need it, but just in case :) )!
Hang in there, people - Friday's coming!
Blessings,
~ Sally \0/

auntiemern
February 28th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Good morning all. Blondie, so sorry to hear LL is still not feeling well. Hope Renate's home remedy helps. I would also cut open a raw onion and sit it on his night stand or near his bed. It is supposed to draw the germs to it. I don't speak whinese, leave that to DH and grands, but I do speak fluent b*tchanese. Toe still hurts, rash blew up yesterday, will be calling dermatologist today, and if I move my wrist wrong the pain shoots down my thumb and up my wrist. I know my problems aren't as bad as others, so I do pray for my quilty family with all of their health issues. I know there is an end in sight, just can't quite see it yet. Wishing everyone a happy uneventful day, filled with sewing, love, and of course smiles. Hugs and blessings to all, and prayers for those in need.

buckeyequilter
February 28th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Speaking of home remedies, my BIL makes some kind of cough syrup with lemons, whiskey and sugar. You use the "juice" as a cough syrup and use the lemons in hot tea.

Drink enough of the "juice" and you'll forget all about how bad you're feeling.....until you wake up, then you'll need aspirin for the headache! Take care everyone and hope you're soon feeling better.

toggpine
February 28th, 2013, 03:04 PM
The plague flag flies over our house today. The hubby has the stomach bug. Here is to hoping that Em & I avoid it.

Wash those hands!

Monique
February 28th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Good evening all. I was in here before Blondie this morning and did not get to chime in. It was a very busy day at work yesterday and on top of that, nasty weather. It took me an extra 1/2 hour to get home last night but made it fine. I hate slushy roads. The roads were better this morning and completely clear this evening. Doesn't leave much time for quilting with all this working. Another day tomorrow.

Blondie I hope LL feels better soon and that you both get some much needed rest.

Feel better to all who are sick.

alliek
February 28th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Renata : I had forgotten about the rock candy, onion thing. My parents and DH's used this remedy. Since my DH has been ill all of February with this bronchial thing and is no on several more meds I'm going to try this. (hope I find rock candy!!) I hope it helps his coughing, poor guy. We are sleep deprived also. Blondie, Hope your guy will be well and sleep comes your way.

buckeyequilter
February 28th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Good morning all. Blondie, so sorry to hear LL is still not feeling well. Hope Renate's home remedy helps. I would also cut open a raw onion and sit it on his night stand or near his bed. It is supposed to draw the germs to it.

They did that with my brother but they put it under his hospital bed.