PDA

View Full Version : porcelain dolls

momofarmysons
December 27th, 2010, 01:01 PM
I started a collection of porcelain dolls for my only daughter when she was small. Well now she is 23 and tells me she doesnt want them,they have never been out of the boxes. I need to get rid of them because redoing the house,and ideals on where or who to give them to? It does make me sad to think she doesnt want them but she is young and dont want to hold on to them forever.

Lola2Ace
December 27th, 2010, 01:30 PM
We have a bit of the same problem here. Luckily, we don't have alot of the dolls, but have been pondering what to do with them. There isn't anybody in the family that wants them, so I have been considering selling them on ebay or something like that. I think they would get a bit more $$ than selling them at a garage sale. But, always willing to consider options, so will be watching this thread too!
Lola

Pinky
December 27th, 2010, 01:54 PM
How old is your daughter? If she is under 30 with no kids, I would just hold on to them. Sometimes they have no appreciation for things until they have their own children and are a little older. I got rid of my daughters very beautiful hand made doll house. We gave it to one of her boyfriends neices. (I thought she was going to marry him lol) and now she kicks herself for giving it away because she would have liked to keep it for her own kids. If all else fails you can always keep them for the grandchildren. Or pick out the prettiest ones and save those. If you don't care about the value give them to a adopt a family program next year for Christmas. Some little girls would love to get them.
Pinky

Patrice
December 27th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I agree with pinky. put them back or at least some of them. she will want them one day. She is still just a kid

Sandy Navas
December 27th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Been there, done that. I would suggest that you look for a doll museum if you want to give them away, or like you suggested, sell them on eBay. My mother made porcelain dolls and I don't care for dolls at all. I have granddaughters and their mother (my only daughter) don't want them. Like you said - the kids are young, and I really don't have room for the ones my Mother made. I luckily found a doll museum close by and they were thrilled to get them. There are also guilds and collectors and you may be able to find one in your area.

janluna
December 28th, 2010, 12:21 AM
There is the Strong Museum in Rochester NY, that collects dolls and displays them. They also have the museum of play there so kids are around as well as collectors. They have one of the best dollhouse collections in the world. They would probably love them. I'm sure they would not let the kids play with them, they would be displayed. Hug, Jan