PDA

View Full Version : I have some special things to offer.

Divine Daisy
February 27th, 2013, 05:08 PM
I just got home (and I am pooped btw) from the beginning of packing my Mother in Law's house ready for her moving.

I have here a large bag of victorian linen. Is mostly mid victorian and is hand made cotton lace edged items. There are some napkins, tray cloths and some really lovely early victorian towels which are not terry toweling but a kind of loose woven cotton fabric.

I could sell these items in the UK but I would much prefer to gift them to someone who would love them, perhaps use them to make something fabulous or just gaze at them.

So if anyone would like them, shout now and I will send them on. I don't know how I will choose if more than one person wants them but please don't say yes if you intend to sell them unless the money raised would go to charity.

Cat n bull
February 27th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Daisy you are the most awesome woman. :icon_hug:

Klasien
February 27th, 2013, 05:43 PM
I love Victorian Linnens............ just over the Northsea..........

(((HUGS)))

shannonsaulter
February 27th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Oh Daisy how sweet those would be great in my guest room where they could be admired
I am sure many of us would offer these things a good home..

Flosmum
February 27th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Hi Daisy,

That's such a lovely idea and I too would be delighted to give some of the items a good home. I live in Hertfordshire, UK.
Warmest wishes,

Karen

bhaggerty
February 27th, 2013, 06:02 PM
I would be delighted to be a recipient of any. I just love victorian linens and lace!

K. McEuen
February 27th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Where is your MIL moving?

Love old linens, but it's so dusty here they'd end up stored away in a drawer so they didn't get icky. Just recently took the old runner from my grandma off the top of the china cabinet, laundered it and put it away for that same reason.

Divine Daisy
February 27th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Where is your MIL moving?

Love old linens, but it's so dusty here they'd end up stored away in a drawer so they didn't get icky. Just recently took the old runner from my grandma off the top of the china cabinet, laundered it and put it away for that same reason.

She is moving from a large bungalow to an apartment near my SIL. Downsizing big time!

Divine Daisy
February 27th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Ok.............. I have had a careful look through these linens now and it seems to me that there a quite a big set of towels that match so I will keep those together. The rest look like runners that used to go under the wash bowl and jug on the dressing table or wash stand. These can be split. What I will do is go through them and pick names out of a hat for the runners. I have decided to send the towels to Shannon for her guest room if that is ok with everyone.

There is one extra towl which was obviously part of a layette. It has a hand made cotton lace trim with ducks on so that should go to someone with a new baby or gandbaby I think.

Please note everyone that these linens may not have been washed for 80 odd years!! Possibly longer lol. You will not have to treat them with kid gloves..... just wash them and hang them outside in the sun if possible. Please..........no one put them in a dryer!

Will sort this tomorrow

Lisapc
February 27th, 2013, 07:29 PM
I don't want them but wanted to say that you are a very kind person to offer these to your forum friends. Let me correct myself. I want them but would just store them away for the future so I do not wish to have them.

Monique
February 27th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Very generous of you indeed Daisy. I am sure whomever receives them, they will be treasured.

lilmouse
February 27th, 2013, 09:35 PM
How sweet and thoughtful of you Ms. Daisy, and please don't send them here...Steve would wipe his dirty hands on them and that would be that.....MEN!

Marmar
February 27th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Miss Daisy - You are so kind to help w/ moving your MIL. Been through that and it is not an easy thing to do, sometimes very emotional. Blessings to you and family.

auntiemern
February 27th, 2013, 10:47 PM
What a kind and generous thing to do with them. I am sure Shannon will treasure her towels. I would like to have some little something, but not important. Would rather see them go to Klasien, who has room and ways to display them. Have fun deciding what you are going to do with them.

WendyI
February 27th, 2013, 10:54 PM
I LOVE lace and linens but sadly would have no place to display them that wouldn't get them coverd in cat hair. You are so sweet to share them around here. Just further reafirming what a great place this forum is.

Madeforyouinma11
February 27th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Daisy, you are a very generous person and I'm sure whoever receives any piece of your treasure will hold it near and dear to their heart.

shannonsaulter
February 28th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Oh Daisy you are such a kindred spirit..they will be treasured for sure..think I see some redecorating in the bath...hubby will love that!

meemeecyn
February 28th, 2013, 01:23 AM
What a thoughtful thing to do, Daisy! I bet it would give your MIL such great comfort knowing some of her treasures are going to someone who will love them like she did. So very nice, indeed.