PDA

View Full Version : The sorm that just keeps giving......

Genny
February 27th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Another day of crappy snowy weather. Hope it quits by tomorrow morning, my daughter and I have to drive 90 miles to DesMoines to pick my 19 year old grandaughter up at the airport. She moved there last November and is coming home for the weekend and then flying back Monday. We are so excited to see her and shes really homesick. Thought I'd share some pics. The last one isn't very good because I took it thru our screen door. Hope you enjoy!

CrazyMtnLady
February 27th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Nice pics....glad the snow is up there and not down here in the Ozarks. We went to town yesterday and because of rain and the little snow that we did get melted the creeks are really raging. Some of the low water bridges (just a slab of concrete across the road) had water raging over them. Not so much that we couldn't get through with our 4x4 but I would not have tried it with a car.

buckeyequilter
February 27th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Pretty....but I will admire it from here :)

Drive safely and I hope the weather cooperates with you.

Lisapc
February 27th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Snow would have given us a snow day for our son and hubby would have taken it off as well. All we got was rain, it has been falling for hours with no end in sight. I hope you have a safe trip to go get your granddaughter and back home again.

SuzyQue
February 27th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Still snowing and blowing here today! Again! The drifts are rearranging as we watch and so much for cleaning out the driveway! It looks pretty, but very cold. We are blessed to be able to stay in, we still have power, and plenty of work to do inside! The crock pot is getting a workout, but I think we might try the grill for steaks for lunch. There has to be 4 inches of snow up the sides of the trees, besides the mounds and piles in the yard. The sides of the driveway piles are taller than the Tahoe. I feel a little hidden! Everything is so white!

Bubby
February 27th, 2013, 03:14 PM
It's snowing here...actually it's what they call Winter Mix....a cute name for snow, sleet, ice and wind! Genny, we don't have near as much snow as you do, but we are ice capital of the midwest! Be careful on the roads to the airport!!!

Tanya D
February 27th, 2013, 06:54 PM
It looks like you have a very pretty property, even with all that snow on it! Love the trees and space you have.

Genny
February 27th, 2013, 07:12 PM
It looks like you have a very pretty property, even with all that snow on it! Love the trees and space you have.

It really is pretty out. We really are lucky because even though we live in the city limits and the front of our house sits on a paved street our 1 acre back yard joins our neighbors 21 acres. We feel we have the best of both city and country living.