PDA

View Full Version : Can it be Wednesday already?

Blondie
February 27th, 2013, 07:31 AM

Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening Happy Winter, Happy Summer Folksies

In this upside down world we live in - you live north, south, east, west, time zones change, the one thing that remains the same is human nature. I likes fabric, you likes fabric. I likes to sew, you likes to sew. I likes coffee, you, well most of you likes coffee. Go find your own beverage. Isn't it interesting the things that draw folks together?

Be good to yourself and be nice to others today. Smile.

Prayers, hugs and many blessings for each here.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 27th, 2013, 07:54 AM
How cute! You have the perfect take on this wonderful world of ours. Our little world on this forum stretches to the four corners of the earth, doesn't it? I love that!

By the way, I love Diet Dr. Pepper, that's my wake up juice every morning!

I'm into chevrons lately, finished piecing my third chevron top. I'll take a picture when it Is finished, it is wild! Not sure if the occupant of the bed will be able to sleep with this quilt on the bed, but it sure is cute!

Eliza
February 27th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Good evening Blondie. It is 10 pm here and time for bed. Not such a good day today because DH has to go back onto hormone treatment because his prostate cancer has spread. Thanks for your prayers and hugs - I am feeling in need of them.

On a happier note I am working on two, very bright, baby quilts for my grandbaby who is due in August.

MRoy
February 27th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Good morning! Eliza, you and your DH are in my prayers. Blondie described this group perfectly. I'm one of the coffee people. It's going to be cold, rainy, and possibly a little snowy here today. This weather is delaying the move of my building, but that's okay. Today is my DS's 37th birthday. I'll talk to him later to wish him a happy one.

CountryHut
February 27th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Good Morning Ladies and Gents --

since I live soooo far out *not a issue*~ from the hustle and bustle of city life - I left out real early yesterday
for some retail therapy - stop by Hobby Lobby they didnt' have the fabric I was looking for -
but they had 90% off Valentine Days stuff -- what a haul I can't home with
then met up with the girls - we had dinner and drinks at Maggiano's -
we all had such a great time - sometime after Easter we're all getting together for a PJ party --
now that should be a blast - especially at our age . .

hubby just left for a few hours of O/T - - so I'm good on my quiet time this morning
only thing on the table today is to finish up a few projects - then off to the next ..

everyone had an "issue" free day : |

bkthomas
February 27th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Good Morning Blondie, Jean and Eliza!
I like you too!
Jean, I'm sure once they turn out the light they will be OK!
Prayers for you and your DH.....
Everyone else - Happy Wednesday - Guess I'll turn in now....

Wwena
February 27th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Too true! Nursing a coffee reading this, grateful that the icky nausea has left me alone for a bit. We have a stomach bug in the family but it's a light weight one. It's still annoying though. :) I was all set to be well today as I felt normal (well, normal for me!) when I woke up but it kinda snuck up on me. It's very much like being pregnant lol.

We've managed to play a bi outside today in spite of it all, the weather is jsut too nice to resist. Just below freezing and sunny as all that, not a cloud on the horizon. Of course I won't let the kids go to the playground since they might still be contagious (that's why they are still at home today, daycare says 48 hrs with no symptom before coming back) so I made them a itsy bitsy tiny sloap to use their "sleighs" on. This had them occupied for all of ten minutes... We're back inside for some lunch and Angry birds colouring.

I hope all are having a great day!

Monique
February 27th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Good morning friends. I thought I was going to have a quiet day today but I got called last night to work the rest of the week at another post office. She cut her hand somehow and needed stitches. It looks like my only day off will be Sunday because I am booked for all of the next week too. The week after is when I am taking off and keeping my granddaughter for the week. This working is cutting into my quilting time. LOL!! Really glad to have the extra hours. That's what is in store for me for the rest of the week. Snow expected later today but not as much as most of you have gotten.

Be safe everyone.

lilmouse
February 27th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Morning Everyone, I am doing fine, had to clean the snow off of the car before I too SIL to work, she was so worried I was going to get stuck, we did fine....the plows are out and doing their job however they are leaving huge strips of snow on the side streets that are tricky to cross and some huge snow boulders you have to drive around; some are bigger than my car! Oh the fun of living through a blizzard!
Now it is a snow/sleet mixture coming down but lightly...temp is right at freezing so it is at least fairly mild!
I am going to finish my reading and get busy, didn't accomplish anything yesterday so today I have to get some things done...hoping to be quilting tonight!
Everyone is in prayers...sorry to hear about the spreading of the cancer; extra prayers being said!
I hope Barb is feeling a little bit better!
Blondie and the others, hope you have a great day!

buckeyequilter
February 27th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Good morning.....

First of all - prayers are being said for Barb/Bubby and Eliza's DH and anyone else that needs them or wants them.

It's a nice morning here...a bit damp but when I got up the temp was 40*....seems to be dropping now it's 38*. For all our friends getting hit by the snowstorms...please stay safe and warm.

My OCD has set in...I am making patchwork valances for my sewing room. I had all my squares laid out and then sewed one row together wrong....now I have 2 squares of the same together, that was last night and it's still bugging me. Tonight I will rip that row out and turn it around and resew it.

Well need to get a couple things done here at work. Have a wonderful day! Hugs to all

Iris Girl
February 27th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Good morning all. Hugs to those that need them. Its cold rainy and sloppy snow here today. I have class this morning teaching the girls how to make a border print mat/runner. The repairman is here to fix my oven so we get lasagna tonight. other then that a little sewing when I get home. stay safe , be good happy sewing.

MayinJerset
February 27th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Tea for me this morning. DH is a big coffee drinker so we usually make a full pot in the morning but he's still not feeling well and is having a diet Pepsi instead. He saw the Nurse Practitioner yesterday afternoon and she prescribed an antibiotic and codiene cough syrup so he sould be feeling better soon, at least he has stopped coughing non stop.

Rainy so I'm opening some windows to get some fresh and moist air into the house, maybe it will wash the lingering sickness out of our house. Enough already, more than 2 weeks of a bad cold for me followed by 2 weeks of lots of sleep, low energy and loss of appetite and now DH is doing the same. At least we had something other than a little bowl of soup for dinner last night, we enjoyed scrambled eggs and toast.

I kept putting off making a lighthouse block as I had to make my own pattern so I forced myself to work on it yesterday morning. Have made some progress and lots of mess with discarded paper patterns and bits of fabrics all over but I'm getting there. Using a light weight bonding to attach pieces to the background and pray everything stays in it's proper place when I press. While searching my stash in various totes and closets for the right colors to use in the block I found several UFO's that I didn't remember having. I'd have to lock myself in my sewing room for a month just to make a dent in them. Found a big stack of creams and browns intended for some manly scrap quilts that I never got to. Maybe I can make a quick one so I have something to show at my group's Show and Tell in Lancaster. The show there is in mid March so I better hop to it.

Lisapc
February 27th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Good morning all!

Eliza: I have already prayed for you and your dear hubby and will continue to do so. I am so sorry.

Blondie: I never liked coffee, in fact walking into a Dunkin Donuts (popular coffee shop here in the North East of the US) used to be an appetite killer for me. Then I got pregnant with my son, his Daddy is a coffee drinker in a big way. 4 cups every morning and most nights 1 more for relaxing. Then I started craving the stuff. I drank enough decaf iced coffee when I was pregnant to fill 3 swimming pools. I start my day with 3 cups now and then I switch to tea. I have always been a tea drinker and in the winter it is pretty much all I drink.

I have to go to the town hall today and either pay my excise taxes with Grumpy white haired snobby lady or friendly little pixie lady. I forgot to do it yesterday but it must be done.

No baby yet, my mother says they are wrong about the due date and she just isn't ready yet. They are inducing her Thursday so we will see.

Wishing you all the best most peaceful of days.

Cathy F
February 27th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Morning All,

I'm hoping everyone that got that huge snow I'm hearing about in Missouri is safe this morning.

Trying to take Blondies daily reminder to smile and be positive. I had an acute bout of divitulitis that landed me in the hospital to be rehydrated, and IV antibiotics. I am truly thankful the news wasn't worse, I'm a very independent person and so hate to be reliant on others when I'm sick so I guess I was having a small pity party, I get impatient with myself and cranky, my husband is a saint to put up with me. So today I'm gonna count my blessings, take Blondie's message to heart and put my smile on, and be productive may even get up to my sewing room, I've got a quilt roaming in my head that wants to get out and be made :)

Hugs and prayers to all my quilty friends that need a few extra today.

Granny Judy
February 27th, 2013, 11:14 AM
We've got Snow!! It's slowly drifting down to fill the nooks and crannies in this dreary dull day.. It's Beautiful as long as I don't have to be out in it.

Eliza, prayers are headed your way for DH and family/friends.

I, too, have a quilt that is jumping out of my head and onto the design board... pieces are cut and now the fun of putting it all together so it resembles what My Mind keeps shouting at me...

Crock pot is on and all that's left is a quick kitchen clean up... And staying warm!!!

meemeecyn
February 27th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Good morning, my quilting friends. Our wise and loving Blondie is right.....so many reasons to smile! The snow falling outside isn't really one of them, although I must admit it is pretty on the trees. :)
Cathy and May's DH, hope you both feel better soon. Prayers for you, Eliza.
Off to work on some UFO's (I guess that is a normal statement for us quilter's, right?)
Have a good day everyone.
Cynthia

Bubby
February 27th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Good Morning,

I'm moving around a little this morning and if it wasn't for the side effects of my meds I think I would feel a little better today. I'm heading back to bed...thanks again for your prayers, pm's and positive thoughts....I hope you know what a special group of people you are!

May, I hope your DH gets back on his feet soon. If he can at least stop coughing and get rest that would be a big improvement.

DH got called to work today...we're getting more snow and they have a quarrantine of some sort going on (he works in a prison).

Hugs All Around....Barb

dwil23
February 27th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Good Morning everyone! Prayers to everyone who needs them, especially you Eliza and DH.

I will finally get a chance to touch my machine after nearly two weeks! Going to my best quilting/coffee drinking buddy's house. It looks like a nice day, but cold winter will visit us one last time this weekend. I will be in Gainesville and it's supposed to be 25 on Sunday morning.

Speaking of being in Gainesville, exciting news - my son who graduated with his Masters in Architecture last May has finally found a job!!! They will be relocating to Merritt Island (think space coast) where he will be working for a the firm that is redesigning the space center. And,....my daughter in law "heard thru the grapevine" yesterday that she will be offered a position to work at home from there. Things are finally all falling together for them. Thank you, Lord. So grammy is heading up to help them pack and play with little Evan while they are taking care of things.

Everyone have a great day and stay warm if you are in the way of the next storm.

aliaslaceygreen
February 27th, 2013, 12:31 PM
A pretty awful night and morning here.... Gandolf went over the rainbow bridge this morning, after a long night.... he had great difficulty coming out of anesthesia for his tooth cleaning/extraction....we thought we had made it through in the late evening, but sometime before dawn he just gave up.... we sat with him for 3 hours, while he tried to hold on but ultimately we took him to the vet....Timmy just buried him under the window he loved so much...

Sandy Navas
February 27th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Good evening Blondie. It is 10 pm here and time for bed. Not such a good day today because DH has to go back onto hormone treatment because his prostate cancer has spread. Thanks for your prayers and hugs - I am feeling in need of them.

On a happier note I am working on two, very bright, baby quilts for my grandbaby who is due in August.

Eliza, I had no idea your husband has been ill - I've been so very busy that I've missed so much here on the forum. Please know that I've added the two of you to my prayer list and will pray for healing and comfort. Many hugs to you. So excited for you getting a grandbaby in August. My 9th is due here in July - another girl . . . what are the odds of 9 girls to one mother?

Sandy Navas
February 27th, 2013, 01:08 PM
A pretty awful night and morning here.... Gandolf went over the rainbow bridge this morning, after a long night.... he had great difficulty coming out of anesthesia for his tooth cleaning/extraction....we thought we had made it through in the late evening, but sometime before dawn he just gave up.... we sat with him for 3 hours, while he tried to hold on but ultimately we took him to the vet....Timmy just buried him under the window he loved so much...

My heart is breaking with you. Such a sad, sad situation. Do not delay in bringing another fur baby home - it will certainly help ease the pain . . . from one who knows.

aliaslaceygreen
February 27th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Thanks, Sandy, but Oh, no. Tatiana is the last cat standing and will remain so.... she didn't do well bringing Gandolf and Rory in, and we have had some serious behavioral issues....having even gone so far as to rehome Rory. She is 12+ and gets to live out her years as an only....THEN?? Yes.... but now??

CrazyMtnLady
February 27th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Morning to all. On my second cup of coffee. No rain or snow at the moment but it sure is windy.

Trish, I am so sorry for the loss of Gandolf. I really need to take my pug to the vet for a teeth cleaning but I am just scared to do it. His breath would stop a full grown moose in it's tracks! And there is no way he will let me brush them!

Speaking of dogs... We are going to have to rename TarButt! She is now 'Possum Killer. She has killed 2 in the last week. The female actually had little tiny kidney bean size babies in it's pouch! That was amazing..never seen anything like that before. The second one was a male.

I have decided I am going to make a few mug rugs. Never made one before. But I have been wanting to make something for my BFF in Ashtabula, Ohio and I decided I would make her a springtime, bright and cheery mug rug for her desk at work. She works at the hospital.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all in need. May you ills be healed and your hearts be lifted up.

Sandy Navas
February 27th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Can you tell that 1) I am up. 2) It has been hectic here. 3) I'm up to my elbows in kids. 4) And snow.

shannonsaulter
February 27th, 2013, 01:54 PM
GM all its a pretty morning here so far..going to Sam's Club after they
open. Hoping all those with snow are warm and safe
Prayers for all those who are sick and need strength...
Have a great day all..

Renate
February 27th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Good afternoon dears,

it is 6.30 pm here in Switzerland and I am back after a busy day out at my optician clients, longing for you all and my sewing machine. Blondie always makes me thinking about special themes. Today: what do we have in common, what do people in a special group have in common and what holds them together? I am (also) an adicted golfer and the wonderful thing is, I can play with everybody all over the world (also with Tiger Woods, but I don`t want to - I prefer Phil Mikelson), because we don`t pleay against each other, we have the same rules, the handicap equals our knowledge and also not speeking the others language, we have the same expressions for what we are doing.
For us quilters it is the same, we have our special quilters language and there will always be a kind of understanding. Also we know what it means to sit down and put all our love into the piece we are making ... this is the same from America to Australia, from Africa to Europe and completly around the world.
AND I think: quilters like to talk to each other :-)
AND quilting is contagious :-)
AND quilting warms the hearts :-)

auntiemern
February 27th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Good day all. Been up for quite awhile, but just able to get on line. Blondie, we love you too. Eliza, prayers for you and DH. Was having connection issues. Tried several things, but the most obvious eluded me til the end. Re boot the router, duh. Getting ready to change dressing on foot, and not looking forward to that at all. I am soaking it to get it loose from all the dried blood. UGHHHHHH. Rash decided to flare up bad last night. Wasn't sure how I was gonna manage to sleep at all, but did get some decent ZZZ's. Off to work on my toe. Hugs and blessings to all, prayers for those in need.

MayinJerset
February 27th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Good afternoon dears,

it is 6.30 pm here in Switzerland and I am back after a busy day out at my optician clients, longing for you all and my sewing machine. Blondie always makes me thinking about special themes. Today: what do we have in common, what do people in a special group have in common and what holds them together? I am (also) an adicted golfer and the wonderful thing is, I can play with everybody all over the world (also with Tiger Woods, but I don`t want to - I prefer Phil Mikelson), because we don`t pleay against each other, we have the same rules, the handicap equals our knowledge and also not speeking the others language, we have the same expressions for what we are doing.
For us quilters it is the same, we have our special quilters language and there will always be a kind of understanding. Also we know what it means to sit down and put all our love into the piece we are making ... this is the same from America to Australia, from Africa to Europe and completly around the world.

So well said Renate. May in Jersey

kensington
February 27th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Just giggled when I read this title. Is it Wednsday? Sitting here looking at snow on top of snow, another day of cold and snow and I had to think this morning, "What day is this?" Because all of the days this week look the same!

I'm happy to have my sewing to keep my mind occupied from day to day. I made curtains on Sunday for my kitchen, (note... need to take pics) I'm ready to finish my bed topper. I feel really bad for my dh today, he got stuck trying to get out this morning. And at 7:15 was out in the snow, digging so he could go to work.

I hope we can get out tomorrow, as we have plans to go to dinner and our communion service at Church. I'd really like to get out of this house. It's been days and days! LOL.

I could use some prayer, this weekend I am having a dinner for my brothers and sisters here at my house. I'm making an old time favorite, Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, Sweet Ice tea and cherry cobbler. It was our favorite Sunday dinner growing up.

My brother's health has been failing, He has had numerous small heartattacks this past year. He has serious respitory issues too. His doctors have told him there is nothing they can do, and that he probably has less than a year to live. I am praying that is not the case. But, I plan on getting them together as often as I can for him. He has no wife or children, and is very close to our younger sister and brother. They are having a really hard time with it. I'm worried about them. Pray for us. Thank you.

pcbatiks
February 27th, 2013, 08:55 PM
I'm late checking in on this post......

Eliza........will be praying for you and your husband.

Trish.......sorry to hear about Gandolf.

Bubby.......glad to hear you are feeling a little better.

Monique
February 27th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Good afternoon dears,

Renate, that is so true.