PDA

View Full Version : Daily Deal

Genny
February 27th, 2013, 03:09 AM
I think they've made a mistake on the daily deal again, I think its supposed to be a charm pack. Down below it says theres 42 5inch squares. Anyone else notice?

Madeforyouinma11
February 27th, 2013, 03:12 AM
I did..I was just looking here to see if there were any answers....charm pack or jelly roll, that is the question....

shannonsaulter
February 27th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Hmm so don't want to take the plunge until sure.

kelliedi
February 27th, 2013, 03:25 AM
for me either way is ok...i love that fabric...

Lisapc
February 27th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Hmm so don't want to take the plunge until sure.

If you add it to your cart and the order goes through they have to honor it. It is a personal choice if you want to order it or not. If you read just under the line that says squares it says clearly that the daily deal is a jelly roll. I have many times seen the line about the squares when in fact the photo and the rest of the text is regarding a Jelly Roll or Layer Cake. I do think that either they are trying to get more orders or made an error in the price. Maybe it should be 22.95 instead of 2.95.

Momofmonsters5
February 27th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Either way ill use the fabric. The one charm pack wording aside everything else points to a jellyroll. The fine print and the price points. So addicting!! I need to beat the DH to the mailbox lol

K. McEuen
February 27th, 2013, 03:30 AM
The math, percentage off works for the jelly roll, not the charm pack.

Lisapc
February 27th, 2013, 03:32 AM
Either way ill use the fabric. The one charm pack wording aside everything else points to a jellyroll. The fine print and the price points. So addicting!! I need to beat the DH to the mailbox lol

Me too! I hate that. I sometimes get so excited that when I am ordering I forget to use "my" card and use his then he gets an email about it being used. That is always fun!

phoots
February 27th, 2013, 03:35 AM
It's so pretty!!! Jelly Roll or Charm Pack, I don't care!!! If it's a JR...woo hoo!!! Yup, I got me one of whatever it is!!!

Pam in Vegas

K. McEuen
February 27th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Pretty sure it is the jelly roll. I clicked on the swirl jr link and it said $2.95.

http://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/10751

Hulamoon
February 27th, 2013, 04:29 AM
I just bought this fabric in the charm pack dd (with an extra) It is beautiful!

Lisapc
February 27th, 2013, 04:32 AM
So if it is the Jelly Roll that is coming what to do with it? I am doing the Piece Out from the first magazine with a Crackle DD and the Jellystone park from another member in a Chloe JR. What to do with the swirl? Any ideas?

Momofmonsters5
February 27th, 2013, 05:41 AM
I thought about a braid. I have been wanting to try one, this might be the perfect jelly roll for it.

bkthomas
February 27th, 2013, 06:23 AM
I saw that too, but now it is a charm pack and not Swirl but Tickleish - wouldn't mind having either one but don't really need it....

jingleme
February 27th, 2013, 06:24 AM
they must have changed it. Now it definately says charm pack.....42 5" squares. looks like one in the pic too. It's so pretty!

jingleme
February 27th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Kathy we must have hit the post button at the same time. lol I like both too. I just bought a swirl layer cake & jelly roll. So....I may have to have that ticklish

Jean Sewing Machine
February 27th, 2013, 08:04 AM
They just had this for a DD a couple of weeks ago, didn't they? I think I bought it then.

bkthomas
February 27th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Kathy we must have hit the post button at the same time. lol I like both too. I just bought a swirl layer cake & jelly roll. So....I may have to have that ticklish

That is funny!

Hulamoon
February 27th, 2013, 09:25 AM
They just had this for a DD a couple of weeks ago, didn't they? I think I bought it then.

Me too. I just got out all my precuts yesterday so I could figure out what UFO I wanted to start. lol

asta
February 27th, 2013, 10:05 AM
I guess I should have gotten the DD in the early morning hours when it was a jelly roll, I liked that one better. At first I thought I was dreaming about the swirls. :icon_beuj:

PhantomReader
February 27th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Ya know, today's DD would make great tote bags...just sayin'

L84me2
February 27th, 2013, 12:49 PM
I got the swirl jelly roll for $2.95 @ midnight... now I feel like I stole it! :/
I'm so addicted to the DD it's terrible. My mailwoman knows me and my addiction now! hahaha!

madampolo
February 27th, 2013, 12:56 PM
I, too, ordered the swirl jelly roll for $2.95. I took a screen print, so they had better honor it, and then put some quality control in place to prevent further mistakes. They already cheated me out of a layer cake once before when I ordered it and it was changed to a charm pack. Sorry, I love these guys, but it is a business, and they need to stop cheating their customers.

EsGrandma
February 27th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Did you call and talk with them? I had one problem and it was resolved immediately -

buckeyequilter
February 27th, 2013, 02:16 PM
I ordered the magazine but skipped the DD....not my thing and I'm tired of having fabric I don't like, just because it's cheap. I saw that Ticklish line at the LQS and didn't like it there and still don't like it. I was going to wait to order the magazine until they had a DD I wanted but I want a signed copy and I don't know how many she signs.

snippet
February 27th, 2013, 02:27 PM
darn I missed Swirl. I really wanted it too but decided to wait to order until I was more awake. Darn.

Roxanne
February 27th, 2013, 03:39 PM
They apparently fixed it. Mine is ok.

Cat n bull
February 27th, 2013, 04:26 PM
I JUST now ordered the daily deal, it was a Ticklish charm pack for $2.95.

A $2.95 jelly roll is a steal! I did not see the dd earlier, I would have jumped on a Swirl jelly roll also!

Kaytessa
February 27th, 2013, 05:12 PM
I, too, ordered the swirl jelly roll for $2.95. I took a screen print, so they had better honor it, and then put some quality control in place to prevent further mistakes. They already cheated me out of a layer cake once before when I ordered it and it was changed to a charm pack. Sorry, I love these guys, but it is a business, and they need to stop cheating their customers.

I ordered the jelly roll but didn't take a screen print. Wish I had of.

I did sent a e-mail because I am never sure my orders go through. Some are not showing up in my history or points so I'm wanting to know if it goes though. Have had replies that no they didn't get it, then one that they did, and then no they didn't and then I'd get it. Confusing and I haven't heard back by e-mail as of yet so?????

Hulamoon
February 27th, 2013, 05:15 PM
I already have the swirl from last time but I just love the ticklish! I ordered an extra pack to make some baby quilts. Too cute!

K. McEuen
February 27th, 2013, 05:22 PM

Joyce, I don't think MSQC or any of their employees have done anything to cheat anyone. That's a bit harsh. It's not like they sit there and think of ways to mess up just to screw you over. It's a growing business and mistakes happen. That's normal and these people are some of the last ones that I would ever accuse of cheating.

I usually send Al an email when I notice the DD is messed up. I didn't last night because the math made sense on the jelly roll. The only mistake on the page was the 42 5" squares text. Several other places it said jelly roll. Last night I thought they were just doing some special deal.

kensington
February 27th, 2013, 05:47 PM
I agree, I do not believe they would "Cheat" people. I don't always read the whole story with the DD, If I like it, I take it, and check out. I'm in and out.

yoyoing
February 27th, 2013, 06:11 PM
I had a order of fabric that they were out of and I waited for it to come back in stock. I was supposed to get two yards but they added extra because of the long wait. I do so love this little company . and yes they have had some snowey days . so maybe they were in a hurry to pick up kids or anything they had to do to get home safely. and made the mistake on the dd. but I love the ticklish charm pack I will continue to support this little shop. they all seem to be just like me struggling in this unsafe economy

madampolo
February 27th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Joyce, I don't think MSQC or any of their employees have done anything to cheat anyone. That's a bit harsh. It's not like they sit there and think of ways to mess up just to screw you over. It's a growing business and mistakes happen. That's normal and these people are some of the last ones that I would ever accuse of cheating.

I usually send Al an email when I notice the DD is messed up. I didn't last night because the math made sense on the jelly roll. The only mistake on the page was the 42 5" squares text. Several other places it said jelly roll. Last night I thought they were just doing some special deal.

Sorry, Karen, but MSQC cheated me once before when I honestly thought I was ordering a layer cake, and it was on my order form as such, and they changed it to a charm pack. That is cheating to me. Last night, I ordered a jelly roll when it said it was 92% off, and I believed them. Then this morning I went to check to see if it was sold out with a price like that, and something completely different was shown!! The first thing that came to my mind was, oh, no, they are going to do it to me a second time. I thought that even though my order form says one thing, they switched it once before, and I have no faith in them not to do it yet again. My order is still pending, and I am expecting to receive what I ordered. I just hope they live up to their advertising even though they don't have a history of doing so. I have an inquiry in to them, as well, about the disappearance of my points. Hopefully they will restore them, even though it is in the $3 to $4 range and not much. I guess this just added to my feeling of being cheated.

K. McEuen
February 27th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Oh, I'm glad you mentioned the points. I saw your post a couple days ago but hadn't noticed anything on my account. Last night when I was on the order page, the one where you see what's in your cart before you pay, no points were showing on mine either. I did go and click on the My Account link and found my points listed, something like 420 there. So there is some issue with them showing on the cart page, but they are still there in my account. I'd have forgotten that had you not mentioned it and I thought last night that I needed to let you know it wasn't just you.

Lisapc
February 27th, 2013, 07:24 PM
I actually don't believe the $2.95 Jelly Roll Daily Deal was a mistake. Everything added up except that one line of text. That one line is quite frankly wrong quite often and left to read 42 squares no matter what the DD is. A month or so ago I was up when the DD was changed and I bought a Crackle JR. Within a couple of hours it was changed to a different DD. I think that they sell the higher discounted Jelly Rolls say 50 until they are sold out and then they change it. I think it is a way of getting people to keep an eye out for that daily deal and order more. I bought one last week and one this week.

madampolo
February 27th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Oh, I'm glad you mentioned the points. I saw your post a couple days ago but hadn't noticed anything on my account. Last night when I was on the order page, the one where you see what's in your cart before you pay, no points were showing on mine either. I did go and click on the My Account link and found my points listed, something like 420 there. So there is some issue with them showing on the cart page, but they are still there in my account. I'd have forgotten that had you not mentioned it and I thought last night that I needed to let you know it wasn't just you.

Karen, thanks for pointing this out. I looked inside my account, and found that there are points there. I think I'm going to contact Al directly instead of waiting for someone to read my email. Thanks again.

kensington
February 27th, 2013, 10:24 PM
I got an email saying that the Jelly Roll DD was a mistake. The charm pack is the DD. My money + shipping is being funded. They apologized. They are also giving me some points for the inconvenience. I'm good with that. As long as I don't have to take something I don't want.

goofyizzy
February 28th, 2013, 03:30 AM
I got an email saying the jelly roll offer was an error. I don't think it's right or even legal for them not to honor it. I expected better from MSQC.

kensington
February 28th, 2013, 03:54 AM
I got an email saying the jelly roll offer was an error. I don't think it's right or even legal for them not to honor it. I expected better from MSQC.

It's no different than if a restaurant gives you the wrong dinner, they take it back, they apologize and they give you your money back and offer you some kind of customer deal. It's a Jelly Roll. It's not going to ruin anyone's life. I don't want anything for free that someone didn't intend to give me. That just makes me a thief.

Sorry... but they are a new company they are trying to keep up with the volume and demand, working out the kinks, a small town company too. Do we want everything so cheap they can't afford to stay in business? It was a computer glitch. It was not an intended slight. We are adults, we can take it. They do 99%-100% in the area of customer service. The few times this silly thing has happened hasn't ruined anyone's life.

I guess they could stop offering a DD, if that would make more people happy. It's not like they owe to us. It's something they do out of generosity. I don't know any other fabric site that does it.

goofyizzy
February 28th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Kensington, I don't think expecting a company to honor their own offer makes me a thief. You're right they are a business and the DD is not a gift. It is a marketing strategy employed to attract more customers to their shop. I was attracted by it as were many others. As others have posted it's not the first time this has happened where they didn't honor their own price. It should not have happened. If you want your business to prosper you should do good by your customers. This isn't the way to do it.

GuitarGramma
February 28th, 2013, 04:15 AM
I ordered the Swirl Jelly Roll last night. I have an eMail confirming my order. I don't have any kind of eMail saying that the Jelly Roll was a mistake. I stayed up too late and noticed the DD change, so I've been worried about this much of the day. I wonder what will happen?

kensington
February 28th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Kensington, I don't think expecting a company to honor their own offer makes me a thief. You're right they are a business and the DD is not a gift. It is a marketing strategy employed to attract more customers to their shop. I was attracted by it as were many others. As others have posted it's not the first time this has happened where they didn't honor their own price. It should not have happened. If you want your business to prosper you should do good by your customers. This isn't the way to do it.

Yes, and if you read the first post in this thread, it was said that they thought this was a mistake. Most of us questioned that DD. The fact that it happened before is the reason we know that it's a computer glitch and it's not something they did to rip anyone off or scam you.

The DD is a marketing strategy, giving away the store is not. Like I said, if they did not intend to offer me a Jelly Roll for 2.99 then I don't need to have one. Almost everyone on here stated they did not think it was intended. If having that deal means that much to you, I hope they do let you have it. I just stated, I want a good deal, I do not to rip them off. How many Jelly Rolls can they give away for 2.99 before they go out of business? No thanks. I'm glad to have a site to come to, endless tutorials by a sweetheart, a good place to buy good fabric, and the friends I have made here.

Dear M*, I think you should cease the DD altogether until ALL glitches are worked out. Make everyone happy! Woot!~

kensington
February 28th, 2013, 04:41 AM
I ordered the Swirl Jelly Roll last night. I have an eMail confirming my order. I don't have any kind of eMail saying that the Jelly Roll was a mistake. I stayed up too late and noticed the DD change, so I've been worried about this much of the day. I wonder what will happen?

I got that too, check your junk mail, that is where the second/new one went. The first one is automatically generated when your payment goes through. The one with the little bird telling you they got the order. The second one is generated in person from M* today. It said if I wanted the Charm pack or anything else I may have ordered to be shipped let them know by the end of business on the 28th. If you do nothing, the refund will go through as stated.

They said to email them to let them know. My guess is they are fielding email about this all day tomorrow.

GuitarGramma
February 28th, 2013, 04:53 AM
I got that too, check your junk mail, that is where the second/new one went. The first one is automatically generated when your payment goes through. The one with the little bird telling you they got the order. The second one is generated in person from M* today. It said if I wanted the Charm pack or anything else I may have ordered to be shipped let them know by the end of business on the 28th. If you do nothing, the refund will go through as stated.

They said to email them to let them know. My guess is they are fielding email about this all day tomorrow.

Thank you. I didn't think to look in my spam folder. It's tough to access from this tablet, so I'll post tomorrow to let you know if it was there.

K. McEuen
February 28th, 2013, 04:59 AM
I haven't gotten a 'mistake' email yet either. If I do, oh well. I'd much rather MSCQ stay in business than try to give stuff away at a price that most of us figured was too good to be true.

kensington
February 28th, 2013, 05:02 AM
It was from Al.

He said to contact them at info@missouriquiltco.com and that they were giving a full refund + shipping if you ordered the Jelly Roll. If you ordered anything else, they would ship that on. It said you could pick any "Charm Pack" they sell to replace the DD if you didn't want the one offered. And, they were putting points in your account for your inconvenience. Just to let them know by 5 pm (central time) on Thursday the 28th. Or the refund would be automatic. BTW... the Jelly Roll will be onsale Friday if you still want to get it.

I really believe the glitch is like one of those email viruses you get that sends out sparatic emails to your friends from your account. Nothing you did. Or intended to do. The description did say "5 inch squares" and the name of the Charm pack was different than the name of the Jelly Roll ... KWIM?

kensington
February 28th, 2013, 05:05 AM
I haven't gotten a 'mistake' email yet either. If I do, oh well. I'd much rather MSCQ stay in business than try to give stuff away at a price that most of us figured was too good to be true.

Did you check your "junk mail" folder? Mine went there, not at all sure why. I found it by a fluke. When I went to clear it, I clicked on it by mistake. I never look in there. But, there it was.

K. McEuen
February 28th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Did you check your "junk mail" folder? Mine went there, not at all sure why. I found it by a fluke. When I went to clear it, I clicked on it by mistake. I never look in there. But, there it was.

Yep, nothing in the spam folder. No telling how many of those emails they have to send out though.

kensington
February 28th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Yep, nothing in the spam folder. No telling how many of those emails they have to send out though.

Maybe they like you better and you get to keep your Jelly Roll. :icon_hi:

K. McEuen
February 28th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Ha, I've been waiting on that jelly roll too. Missed it last time it was on sale. It was in my basket last night before I ever noticed the price, then went to pay and was like Woah!

kensington
February 28th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Ha, I've been waiting on that jelly roll too. Missed it last time it was on sale. It was in my basket last night before I ever noticed the price, then went to pay and was like Woah!

Don't forget, it will be the DD on FRIDAY... so hurry on in and get it then!

Momofmonsters5
February 28th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Price glitches and online shopping go hand in hand. I'm a business major and understand both sides. I have to say this though since living in a foreign country for the last 18 months, I've lost the American way of thinking the customer is always right. It's not that way here, your food is bad you still pay, there's no manager to talk to. Perfect doesn't exist and I think Al took the high road and admitted a mistake and made an offer to fix it. They could have just refunded and said sorry. What about the shop? They make this forum possible, a place for all of us to come visit everyday. Mistakes happen. Why is the right thing to give thousands of dollars worth of merchandise away? From a business sense it probably is cheaper to make a few people angry. IMHO. I hope they keep the DD coming!

madampolo
February 28th, 2013, 11:46 AM
I got an email saying that the Jelly Roll DD was a mistake. The charm pack is the DD. My money + shipping is being funded. They apologized. They are also giving me some points for the inconvenience. I'm good with that. As long as I don't have to take something I don't want.

I got the same email. That is something they didn't do the last time they cheated me. What they should have done is honored the order as is instead of sending that email. It would have been cheaper for them than the cost of the loss of trust. They said the jelly roll will be on sale this Friday, so they have them there and could have honored the order. I do appreciate, though, that they did send an email this time instead of sending a product I didn't order like last time, and that they are crediting my account with 500 points. I hope they fix the bug so that you can actually use those points. They also need to do some quality control on their advertising before someone hits them with a "truth in advertising" complaint from the Better Business Bureau.

Lisapc
February 28th, 2013, 12:01 PM
I got the same email. That is something they didn't do the last time they cheated me. What they should have done is honored the order as is instead of sending that email. It would have been cheaper for them than the cost of the loss of trust. They said the jelly roll will be on sale this Friday, so they have them there and could have honored the order. I do appreciate, though, that they did send an email this time instead of sending a product I didn't order like last time, and that they are crediting my account with 500 points. I hope they fix the bug so that you can actually use those points. They also need to do some quality control on their advertising before someone hits them with a "truth in advertising" complaint from the Better Business Bureau.

I have yet to receive any communication from them regarding the DD issue. I have also not received any response to the email I sent regarding the long wait for any info on my latest order. I have to say that in the past month I have nothing good to say about their customer service. A few months ago they were helpful and responsive and the past month it takes days and days to receive any reply from them and I have yet to have someone answer the phone when I have called. I am not happy at the moment and if they are growing that fast then they need to start hiring before they lose good customers.

I am not liking this because I loved this store before and it just isn't the same. I am hoping they get through their growing pains soon.

kensington
February 28th, 2013, 02:27 PM

The DD is not an advertised deal. They don't put out an add saying the Jelly Roll will be available and 2.99 on Wednsday. It's and instant deal that happens without any advertisement. They didn't advertise that Jelly Roll at all. They tell the truth, they say there is a DD everyday. What it is, or the value of it, we do not know until it happens.

This does not rise to a false advertisement issue. Also, since this transaction takes place online, I'm not sure any BBB would deal with it. Now if they advertised in advance that the Jelly Roll would be a DD for that price and didn't honor it, that would be different.

Also, I use my points all the time. I've never had a problem. I think most people do use their points. That glitch may be with your personal computer. Or your server. It doesn't work if you are not signed into your account though. A simple log in takes care of that.

madampolo
February 28th, 2013, 02:53 PM
The DD is not an advertised deal. They don't put out an add saying the Jelly Roll will be available and 2.99 on Wednsday. It's and instant deal that happens without any advertisement. They didn't advertise that Jelly Roll at all. They tell the truth, they say there is a DD everyday. What it is, or the value of it, we do not know until it happens.

This does not rise to a false advertisement issue. Also, since this transaction takes place online, I'm not sure any BBB would deal with it. Now if they advertised in advance that the Jelly Roll would be a DD for that price and didn't honor it, that would be different.

Also, I use my points all the time. I've never had a problem. I think most people do use their points. That glitch may be with your personal computer. Or your server. It doesn't work if you are not signed into your account though. A simple log in takes care of that.

Sorry, Kensington. When a web site blares out the Daily Deal special, it is advertising like no other.

I never had problems with my points before this week. I have reported it twice, and even put a thread out here to see if it happened to others. It was not corrected as of this morning when I ordered the jelly roll.

Al's email said I would be getting an additional 500 points, but my account has not been updated to show them, and it has been hours since his email has gone out. I wonder why.

I really am trying to get over this. I am sorry it happened to me twice. I guess I will need to send Al a message each time I look at a Daily Deal to see if it is something they intend to stand by, or if it, too, is a glitch.

auntiemern
February 28th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Seriously!!! What the heck is wrong with you people that cannot accept this as what it is. An error that was not intentional, and they are not out to "cheat" any one. They sent an apologetic e -mail, and issuing refunds. WTH more do you want? I personally am finding the "cheating" post quite offensive, and feel as if my 'family' is being attacked. You people all know them, and they do not have shady business practices. So why are you calling them cheaters? They are human, and mistakes happen. D*amn if you can't accept that, then don't buy from them any more. I am sure that losing a few customers over something as trivial as this is not going to put them out of business. You may also want to go to a different forum and air your grievances, because I don't want to see my 'family' being slammed here. Get over it.

K. McEuen
February 28th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Joyce, how many points you have doesn't show on your order page, but if you click the little box that says Maximize my Purchase with Points (or something like that) under the little slide thing, your points magically appear and then you can adjust with the slide. You just don't see a total until the box is checked, that's all. They are there.

All it took was me clicking ONE thing to find all that out, not several emails to Al.

kensington
February 28th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Sorry, Kensington. When a web site blares out the Daily Deal special, it is advertising like no other.

I never had problems with my points before this week. I have reported it twice, and even put a thread out here to see if it happened to others. It was not corrected as of this morning when I ordered the jelly roll.

Al's email said I would be getting an additional 500 points, but my account has not been updated to show them, and it has been hours since his email has gone out. I wonder why.

I really am trying to get over this. I am sorry it happened to me twice. I guess I will need to send Al a message each time I look at a Daily Deal to see if it is something they intend to stand by, or if it, too, is a glitch.

It advertises it has a DD deal. It does not advertise what the DD is. They do have a DD, so that is not false advertising. Also, Al plainly said in the email that it could take up to 24 hours for the points to show up in your account. Maybe you missed that. But, I do not believe there is some alternative motive to what he said as you imply.

I had to go back to read the email a couple times to be sure what was said. And, I do not believe that having a glitch and having the wrong DD pop up, apologizing and being honest is cheating anyone. Again, if you are not signed in when you place your order, the points won't pop up in your account. That is also plainly stated. It reminds me to check each time before hitting "Buy" or "Check Out". It's an automated service. It happens. The Points are also a gift. Maybe they should stop doing that too... I don't know. If it's more of a hassel than a help.

Lisapc
February 28th, 2013, 03:29 PM
This needs to stop. Nothing good will come of this continuing. Right or wrong we all have different opinions and beliefs and as adults we know that. Let's practice it. I am not posting this reply as a know it all or am I offended in any way. I am making a suggestion for the good of all of us and M*. Can we keep further discussions regarding this in a PM format? Please?

kensington
February 28th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I don't see a problem with discussing this, if everyone stays calm. Maybe the fact that All said the giving of points would take at least 24 hours was missed. It happens.

Cat n bull
February 28th, 2013, 03:48 PM
I always thought the daily deal was a limited time opportunity anyways. There is a finite amount of any given deal, then no more available. So no, the store is NOT obligated to sell everyone who wants one a particular deal at a particular price.

I would be really angry too if I bought one and it was switched to something else without my knowledge. But an admitted mistake is not the same. There is no loss to the customer if all monies are refunded.

BillNye
February 28th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Hey everyone! Wow you've all been busy. Let me chime in on what's going on.

So anything that we advertise (email out or put up on fb or twitter or so on) we feel obligated to honor almost without exception. As is the case with websites though, a listed price being a mistake happens, which is what happened here, the daily deal when up with the wrong product. We didn't email anyone with a deceptive bait and switch or anything like that, it was there for a few minutes then gone.

So what do we do in these situations? I personally send an email to everyone who ordered the mispriced item (who loves emails? This guy!) and let them know we'll be refunding their money or they can exchange it for today's daily deal (yesterday's was the tickle charm pack), toss them a few dollars in quilters cash for the mixup and call it good.

I have no qualms about not honoring a pricing error. I also don't feel bad if you try and get a great deal. I am that person to other websites sometimes, just try and jar a bit and see if they'll give it to me. But normally they don't, and I don't hold it against them. 99% of our customers are this same way, they're trying to get a good deal, if it's too good to be true, it probably is, and they know it and happily take a few quilters cash points and their money back. A few are downright mean about it, but that's the exception and not the rule, but still, it's just the nature of the business.

In this business, we oversell, inventory is off, have wrong swatches, mis priced items, images get mixed up, colors don't match, etc all the time. We get the privilege of not being perfect, but we do a pretty good job all around, and our customers recognize that.

If you take issue with how I handle these things, feel free to email me and chat about it, but it's the nature of the business. Hope that helps!

BillNye
February 28th, 2013, 03:59 PM

You can't use your points? We have thousands redeemed everyday, what's wrong?

Also you were cheated somehow? You know we have an AWESOME return policy right? There's no excuse to ever feel cheated, just return whatever you didn't like and we'll give you a full refund.

Also, listing errors aren't merited in a "truth in advertising" situation, as agreed upon by the BBB

kensington
February 28th, 2013, 04:28 PM
What I want to know is, when is the "Frequent Buyer" program going to kick in? I do believe I will qualify, if not yet, very soon. :icon_hi:

Jean Sewing Machine
February 28th, 2013, 04:31 PM
You mean I don't win the crown with my one inch thick stack of invoices from a yer's worth of DDs?

K. McEuen
February 28th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Visual Aids

The points for your account are there, you just have to check the box.

K. McEuen
February 28th, 2013, 04:36 PM
I personally send an email to everyone who ordered the mispriced item (who loves emails? This guy!) and let them know we'll be refunding their money or they can exchange it for today's daily deal (yesterday's was the tickle charm pack), toss them a few dollars in quilters cash for the mixup and call it good.

Except for me. Al never emails me and tells me I can't have something. He's a tease that way, keeps me guessing.

kensington
February 28th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Except for me. Al never emails me and tells me I can't have something. He's a tease that way, keeps me guessing.

Maybe you are not really a customer/member? You are just imagining all this. :icon_cool:

BTW... is it possable that you have a junk mail that deletes your junk automatically, and you missed it? I still am trying to figure out what it was about the email that caused my email program to kick it to the junk folder.

It might be the word "Info" at the front of the addy.

K. McEuen
February 28th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Maybe you are not really a customer/member? You are just imagining all this. :icon_cool:

Maybe I don't exist. It's hard to say, especially before coffee.

kensington
February 28th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Maybe I don't exist. It's hard to say, especially before coffee.

Well, see there, that's what I mean. We just can't be sure about you! :lol:

Cat n bull
February 28th, 2013, 05:02 PM
You mean I don't win the crown with my one inch thick stack of invoices from a yer's worth of DDs?

I don't know Jean, a few per week of those darn daily deals seem to end up at my house lately!

I think I need to just STOP getting the emails, reduce the temptation!

Nah, what am I thinking!?!

kensington
February 28th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Well, I just woke up! Good Grief! Hahaha! I was reading that email one more time to make sure of all the t's and i's in there. When I woke up to that offer to "Have any charm pack we offer" in exchange for the Ticklish DD. OH MAN! I was so happy to get the extra points I had just glazed on past that! I made my own DD! There actually is a Charm pack I really would like, and as soon as I woke up, I emailed Al to let him know! WOOT! WOOT!

I personally like that deal ALOT!

madampolo
February 28th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Karen, my points were not there, and I am not stupid as you seem to think. Al sent me a PM. He seems to have fixed the problem, and he is going to find out why some of my points disappeared. I am though posting to this thread. I have nothing more to say.

BillNye
February 28th, 2013, 06:00 PM
heh, Karen, just sent your email, still working through the last 2 dozen orders or so. Saving the best for last maybe? :)

kensington
February 28th, 2013, 06:03 PM
I'm so glad it is confirmed that they care and are doing all they can to help and take care of all of us. WOW... so fast too. I just got an email that my DD swap, is shipping today! Woot! Woot!

K. McEuen
February 28th, 2013, 06:49 PM
heh, Karen, just sent your email, still working through the last 2 dozen orders or so. Saving the best for last maybe? :)

Maybe??? ;)

GuitarGramma
February 28th, 2013, 06:58 PM
I love M*QC.

I haven't gotten any "oops" eMail.

But I love M*QC.

I checked my spam folder. No eMails from M*QC there.

But I love M*QC.

I used to run a business. If I quoted a price, I honored it even if it meant I'd take a loss.

But I love M*QC.

I don't understand how it's a computer glitch if all the math worked out to be a 92% discount and there was a picture of a Jelly Roll.

But I love M*QC.

I just want everyone to know that I love M*QC, even though I would have handled this differently and don't quite see how an incorrect photo matched an incorrect description.

But I love M*QC.

Kaytessa
February 28th, 2013, 07:29 PM
I haven't received any answers to the two emails I sent..one right after the Swirl DD was on line that night, one the next day.
I truly understand mistakes, they happen. I understand glitches when doing upgrades to the site.

But my points for one order are gone, the order is gone , it's like I never ordered and now this???

kensington
February 28th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Are you sending your emails to info@missouriquiltco.com ? Because that seems to be the addy to reach Al about this matter.

Lisapc
February 28th, 2013, 07:54 PM
I just got the oops email and haven't found a charm pack I would like instead. Yet.

GuitarGramma
February 28th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Well, I just got the oops eMail, too. It is a very kind offer, and I'm appreciative. I'll say good-bye to this thread, and go see if I can find a charm pack looking for a nice home in California.

kensington
February 28th, 2013, 08:17 PM
I hope it all works out for you!

jennyann
February 28th, 2013, 08:55 PM
I have had the daily deal change on me before. I was upset. The daily deal was a jelly roll and was the 2.95, but when I put in my card and info and hit the button to purchase it, the price changed and was charged the regular price for the jelly roll. I was refunded only the amount for the jelly roll and not the shipping charges. That really sucked, paid for shipping when they didn't even ship anything!

Stetler
February 28th, 2013, 09:09 PM
I bought two it was such a good deal. I'm with the rest of you I don't care if it is a roll or charm pack.

BillNye
February 28th, 2013, 09:15 PM
I have had the daily deal change on me before. I was upset. The daily deal was a jelly roll and was the 2.95, but when I put in my card and info and hit the button to purchase it, the price changed and was charged the regular price for the jelly roll. I was refunded only the amount for the jelly roll and not the shipping charges. That really sucked, paid for shipping when they didn't even ship anything!

That's not supposed to happen, email me your order number and I'll take a look, make sure you get your full refund!

BillNye
February 28th, 2013, 09:16 PM
I haven't received any answers to the two emails I sent..one right after the Swirl DD was on line that night, one the next day.
I truly understand mistakes, they happen. I understand glitches when doing upgrades to the site.

But my points for one order are gone, the order is gone , it's like I never ordered and now this???

You can PM me if you want and I can help the girls chase it down?

kensington
February 28th, 2013, 10:32 PM
I bought two it was such a good deal. I'm with the rest of you I don't care if it is a roll or charm pack.

Hi! I just wanted to note that if you bought two, you didn't get two DD's. The second one you ordered would be at full price.

Kaytessa
March 1st, 2013, 12:31 AM
You can PM me if you want and I can help the girls chase it down?

Sent you a pm..got an email from Becky that said they only have one order from me in Dec of last year.
I have ordered four times, received three orders. Hopefully this will be fixed. Thanks.

And yes ma'am Kennington, that's where I sent my e-mails. Thanks.

BillNye
March 1st, 2013, 03:28 PM
Sent you a pm..got an email from Becky that said they only have one order from me in Dec of last year.
I have ordered four times, received three orders. Hopefully this will be fixed. Thanks.

And yes ma'am Kennington, that's where I sent my e-mails. Thanks.

Ahh, I had a bug in my code that wasn't pulling all the orders in, let me work on that.

Seriously, I have the best bug finders on the planet, you all are such a resource to this tired little nerd :)

Momofmonsters5
March 1st, 2013, 06:45 PM
I got the oops email as well. I picked an alternate charm pack.

kensington
March 1st, 2013, 11:22 PM
I got the oops email as well. I picked an alternate charm pack.

Mine came today, and I am in LOVE with it.

bkthomas
March 2nd, 2013, 04:05 AM
I would just like to say that I really like the way this thread really worked things out and was very productive and positive!

K. McEuen
March 2nd, 2013, 04:11 AM
Thank you Kathy. I try. :icon_heh: