PDA

View Full Version : My Mummy`s visit

Renate
February 27th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Hi dears,

the weekend with my mother was a full success. We had 2 days of fun and laughter and talks and tears and coffee and tee and dinner and SEWING

It was like in my childhood. We sit together, do some needlework and talk. I think you know what feeling this makes, how near you are.

I also bring you regards from my mother. I showed her all the post you did at the thread "Uschi Obermaier is ready". She was overwhelmed about our community. I invited her also (of course), but she is not the one who likes to sit at the PC and she is not an English speeker, what would make it difficult. So, she will get the news through me and I will tell you inbetween from her.

And than I want to tell you a short story, which I thought about, when reading all the "Hallos" to the newbies.
Some years ago we traveled to HongKong (very special city) and one evening we went to a nice sushi restaurant. Of course also there: wait until you are seated. A young lady welcomed us at the entrance, asked us with her and while going to our table she shouted "Say hallo to the new guests". All employes come and shouted "Hallo you are so very welcome" ... we felt like Mr. and Mrs. President :-). And a little bit it is how we welcome our newbies.

shannonsaulter
February 27th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Sounds like a great few days..Hi Mom!!!!!!
Would love to ser some of her work..hint hint!!
I loved all the greetings and welcomes from when I joined reminds
me of welcoming new neighbors as a kid..

Lisapc
February 27th, 2013, 03:16 AM
I have been wondering about your visit with your Mom. Such a special weekend. I hope that you get to have more of them. Did she teach you to quilt or just sewing garments and crafts?

Renate
February 27th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Yes dear Lisa, my mum teached me how to sew. She never did quilts, but dresses and cloth. She teached me all the technics, also knitting and how to help myself with all needlework. Sometimes for me as a child it was a little bit boring, but today I am more than thankful. Also she teached me how to cook (she is an excellent cook) and to make housework very effectiv. this are really tresures, giving her knowledge from mother to daughter and so do I.

MayinJerset
February 27th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Oh so nice to hear that your and your Mom had such a great time sewing, eating, talking - what a nice feeling that must have been. Say "Hello" to her from all of us here on the forum, we are always happy to meet new people. May in Jersey

Klasien
February 27th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Glad you had such a great time!!

I love the picture, sewing, talking and......champagne??

Cathy F
February 27th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Nothing is more special than a day of mother/ daughter time, glad you got to enjoy some with your's.

Evilynn
February 27th, 2013, 11:35 AM
I am sure you had a lot of fun! (and some delicious sparkling wine together from what I can see, yes, you had fun ;) ) Those are the very special times.

CrazyMtnLady
February 27th, 2013, 01:26 PM
So nice to hear you had a wonderful visit with your mother.

lilmouse
February 27th, 2013, 01:29 PM
I am so glad you had a great time with your Mom; tell her hello from all of us!

Marmar
February 27th, 2013, 10:18 PM
So sweet, what a great picture of you both, treasure that time with Mom!

WendyI
February 27th, 2013, 10:59 PM
My mom became quite ill when I was 8 years old. Although I learned a lot from her with regards to sewing and knitting, I have never had those mother/daughter type moments and am always a bit melancholy when I see them. So happy you had so much fun with your mum! What great memories you have!