PDA

View Full Version : Woe is Me Update

auntiemern
February 26th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Let me begin by saying, I have never had a broken bone, or any kind of invasive surgery, nor had stitches, except for when my daughter was born. I also have a very high tolerance to pain, because I live with it every day. I had my first stitch when they did the first punch biopsy for the rash, on my abdomen. Now I have 2 more where they did the 2 biopsies yesterday on my wrist. My wrist is in severe pain due to the holes in it.
Now on the the podiatrist. Exactly what I thought would happen, did. The toe nail on my right big toe had to be removed. Holy hell!!!! The shots to numb it, just about had me in tears, and I could still feel some of what he was doing. So now my toe is in agony and I am having a very hard time walking. I could get crutches if not for my left wrist that I cannot put any pressure on. My house is small, and my bathroom is only about 20 ft. from my living room, where I am layed up of the sofa. It takes me between 2-3 minutes just to get there. I have never been in this position of feeling totally helpless, and dependant on someone else to do even the smallest things for me. And I must say I do not like it one bit. I can't sew, and have nothing done that I could do handwork on. Can ya tell I am not a happy camper at the time being? Guess I will make a few more ruffled scarves to occupy me a little. Oh yeah, and I am supposed to watch the GK's from 9:30 tonight, till DD gets home from work between 11:30-12:00. She may have to find someone else. DH could drive me, and they should be in bed, but her BR is a long way from her living room. Off of here for a bit to cry in my cheerios, lol.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 26th, 2013, 04:48 PM
So sorry to hear how miserable you are! I ripped my big toe nail off once while on public transportation, thought I would die before I got to my destination. And we were on a walking vacation! New shoes with no toe in them needed to be purchased before I could negotiate that! It was a while before it grew back in, but I think you'll have at least part of a nail by summer. Hope you feel better soon.

K. McEuen
February 26th, 2013, 04:55 PM
The toe thing hurts. I've never had one removed by a doctor, did that myself when I dropped a can of chili on my toe. The nail split in half, lost part of it within a couple days and the rest of it about a week later. It grew back in normal looking, just took a while. The thing that got me about the toe when injured was the throbbing, about drove me nuts.

HdWench
February 26th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Marilyn ((((((((Big Hugs)))))))))) Sorry to read you are in pain crying in your Cheerios!! Yes, the worst part is having to Depend on others -- You sound like a very strong woman used to being about to Do it all, except now you can't and that sucks. OUCH toe pain makes me shiver... had the ingrown toe surgery with the sliver taken off and holy batman, who knew your feet are connected to your entire body of Pain!!

What do you like to do hand work on? How fast can we get something to you :-)

Praying this eases up to your high tolerence level!!!

countrywench
February 26th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Oh dear :( you are in a pickle .. I sure hope you feel better really soon .. I'm sending a huge hug you way
Mindy
Xxxxx

EsGrandma
February 26th, 2013, 05:03 PM
So sorry - this sounds very painful. Hope you are feeling much better sooooooooooooooon!

ilive2craft2
February 26th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Oh my that sounds painful! I am the same way, I hate to ask for help. I am finally starting to feel human again (this darn bronchitis just won't go away!!!) Praying for a quick recovery! Lots of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix helped me through (I think I have watched 3 seasons in the last 2 weeks).... Hugs, Lisa

bakermom
February 26th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Ouch!!! Nail pain is the worst!

DD had to have an ingrown toenail removed a few years ago-thought she could drive herself home afterward-NOT!

I totally understand the depend thing- broke my foot a couple years ago-On crutches /in a boot for 9 weeks! Couldn't drive of course. Honestly was a danger to myself and everyone around me with crutches. poor dog was scared to go near me-i dropped the crutch on her so many times.

I hope you find a way to numb that toe a bit(my toes are cringing just thinking about it)

Kaytessa
February 26th, 2013, 05:14 PM
OUCH! So sorry to hear this. Life has handed you some lemons..now's the time to make lemonade just for you.
Maybe read a good book, work on your scarves, watch some favorite movies, look at old pictures and remember the good times that bring you joy. It's healing time for Marilyn and may it be fast and may you relax and enjoy your lemonade.

Sandy Navas
February 26th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Marilyn - I am so, so very sorry that these people are making so many BAD jokes about you having to DEPEND upon others. I definitely hope that you realize I have more POISE than to do that to you. I know you will PREVAIL and experience nothing but DRY COMFORT.

I hate to tell you exactly what happens to me when I hear of someone experiencing severe pain . . . it is not printable. Get to feeling better soon.

Swedish leo
February 26th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Oh Marilyn, i feel for you.

I had the ingrown toe surgery with the sliver taken off twice on both of my big toes and i know exactly how you feel and it aint fun!!

Big hugs comming your way!!

Iris Girl
February 26th, 2013, 05:33 PM
ouch and hugs for feeling better. but this may just be someones way of telling its time to take a small break and rest. You do so much for everyone , now sit back and rest , watch tv read and plan all the things you want to make...remember to make a list

quiltingtrish
February 26th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Aww sweetie - sorry to hear you are hurting. I hate to depend on others too, but sometimes we must. So, nurse your foot and heal well. You will soon be up and moving again soon.

Hugs,

Klasien
February 26th, 2013, 06:07 PM
I am so sorry to hear this, I hope you feel better soon.

((((((( HUGS )))))

Tanya D
February 26th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Oh Marilyn, you sound absolutely miserable and with good reason. Keep that foot up above your heart and that should help with the throbbing. Get yourself a good book or get out the movies you love and try to take it easy. I know it's not easy...us women are used to doing it all.

I hope you feel better soon my friend.

nanaleslie
February 26th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Oh Marilyn, you sound absolutely miserable and with good reason. Keep that foot up above your heart and that should help with the throbbing. Get yourself a good book or get out the movies you love and try to take it easy. I know it's not easy...us women are used to doing it all.

I hope you feel better soon my friend.

I agree you must need to take a break. Have someone bring you something crafty to do while sitting. Maybe a good book.
I know the pain is crazy, too many nerve endings in your fingers and toes. You know you could milk this to your advantage and have someone else do the house work and cooking even when u start to feel better. :D

SandyWhite
February 26th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Oh Geez. So sorry to hear about this. I know how you feel. Last 2 months I was on crutches waiting for a bone chip to be removed from my knee so been where you are. Don't think it's a good idea to sit for the Grands.

Take care

SuzyQue
February 26th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Prayers for a quick recovery. I think the grands are out for tonight, too. Take care of you!

madampolo
February 26th, 2013, 08:30 PM
I've had my the entire toenails on both big toes removed twice, both because of a nail fungus. I didn't think the shots were that painful, although I certainly felt them. I didn't feel anything when they were removed, and I had no pain afterwards either.

I talked my husband into having part of his big toe nails removed because of ingrown toenails. For one hour prior, he had a numbing ointment applied to lessen the pain of the shots. He didn't make a sound during the shots, but he told me afterwards he NEVER wanted to experience that pain again. He said it hurt like heck!! I watched the Dr do the removal, and I think I could do it myself now that I know how. The Dr said it was a "see one, do one, teach one" type of surgery. I'll be glad to take volunteers now.

So, it beats me why some people feel pain so much more than others.

auntiemern
February 26th, 2013, 08:31 PM
I wish I could use crutches, it would be much easier. I can't though because of the pain in the wrist. Which I didn't like the look of the one area when I changed the bandaids. There is no one else to watch the grands that time of night. DH will take me, get me up the stairs in to the house, and then come pick me up. I don't have to do anything but sit there or lay on the couch because they will be in bed.
Oh Geez. So sorry to hear about this. I know how you feel. Last 2 months I was on crutches waiting for a bone chip to be removed from my knee so been where you are. Don't think it's a good idea to sit for the Grands.

Take care

GuitarGramma
February 26th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Oh my goodness, Marilyn. You have just had it ALL handed to you right now, haven't you. Sweetkins, I hope you can get back to feeling good again soon, because a lot of little Cardinal Glennon lovies need you to be in tip top shape!

Wishing you great speed in healing up!

auntiemern
February 26th, 2013, 08:39 PM
I don't know why either. I can normally take any kind of shot without even flinching. But those were terrible. Hope my toe doesn't hurt like this for more than a day or 2. I know peoples tolerance to pain vary from person to person. And my pain tolerance is quite high. You know how they ask you to rate your pain. I am at a solid 8 for darn sure. Only goes down to about 6 after taking 600 mg of ibuprofen. This too will pass I know, but for right now it is what it is :(
I've had my the entire toenails on both big toes removed twice, both because of a nail fungus. I didn't think the shots were that painful, although I certainly felt them. I didn't feel anything when they were removed, and I had no pain afterwards either.

I talked my husband into having part of his big toe nails removed because of ingrown toenails. For one hour prior, he had a numbing ointment applied to lessen the pain of the shots. He didn't make a sound during the shots, but he told me afterwards he NEVER wanted to experience that pain again. He said it hurt like heck!! I watched the Dr do the removal, and I think I could do it myself now that I know how. The Dr said it was a "see one, do one, teach one" type of surgery. I'll be glad to take volunteers now.

So, it beats me why some people feel pain so much more than others.

lilmouse
February 26th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Marilyn, maybe the pain is worse because your stress level is high...you have been going through quite a seige lately....hmmm? Maybe?
I hope you feel better soon and the dermatologist can determine what is going on with that d**n rash of yours...I feel your pain! Sending you lots of hugs...and you can cry on my cyber shoulder if it helps!

meemeecyn
February 26th, 2013, 08:54 PM
No wonder you are in pain, Marilyn. Yikes for sure. Sure hope you get relief and that you are feeling better soon. Can't keep a good woman down so you won't be down for long. Take care of yourself. We'll listen anytime.
Cynthia

madampolo
February 26th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Marilyn, I got to thinking about a time when I got shots in my knee to try to avoid knee surgery. They injected me with a serum made of rooster combs, and that was to simulate cartilage. It was a series of 3 shots. The first one, I instantly arched my back and screamed. Boy, that hurt. I am surprised I came back for the other two shots. They didn't hurt as bad, at least not back arching bad. I figured that it was the first time the Dr had done this, and he got better with practice. LOL.

Monique
February 26th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Aw feel better soon.

shannonsaulter
February 26th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Marilyn Ouchy...I wish I was closer we could have coffee and just chat...take care...(((hugs)))

kensington
February 26th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Holey Moley, I almost pass out when I read all this pain and shot stuffs. I know when I had my kidney removed 2 years ago because of kidney cancer, the pain was almost unbearable. I actually barred a nurse from coming in my room after she would not help me to get up when I needed to and I collapsed at the side of the bed. (she wanted to see how much I could do alone "You're Fired") Me no likey pain. Grrrrrr....:(

Loonwatcher
February 26th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Oh my God Marilyn. That is quite a row to hoe. I sure hope things get better for you soon. Sending all my good thoughts your way.

Mimi2boys
February 26th, 2013, 10:10 PM
So sorry to hear all this. I certainly hope you are feeling much better real soon. To be laid up is no fun and hopefully you will be able to get back to your sewing soon.

alliek
February 26th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Sorry to hear of your pain Marilyn. I hope you are a fast healer. (((:o))))Be well soon.:icon_wave:

Marmar
February 27th, 2013, 12:03 AM
(((((Hugs))))) to you sweetie!! Stay with the meds to keep the swelling down; they should help both the toe and the wrist. If the toe nail doesn't come back properly, so what, you can still have it painted as if it were still there. Don't worry about that right now, just take it easy and take care of yourself for awhile.

Mar

bkthomas
February 27th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Feel better fast!

janluna
February 27th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Marilyn, I'm praying for you to heal quickly. So sorry you feel so bad. I'll keep you in my prayers. Hugs, Jan L.

Annette Ackley
February 27th, 2013, 12:37 AM
You are in a terrible situation. Get better soon.

New York Sue
February 27th, 2013, 12:51 AM
Marilyn, I hope things settle down soon.
Pain is a strange thing. I've met a couple of people over my career, that have never experienced the pain of childbirth. I'm NOT kidding. We're all wired a little differently, and sensitivity may increase or decrease as we age .
Point is, you're nerve endings are SCREAMING right now. Take your meds, keep your foot elevated, ice everything down (if that's what you've been told to do) and things will improve everyday.
Lordy, help the man, woman or child that hits your toe!

Tanya D
February 27th, 2013, 02:52 AM
And Murphy's Law states that hubby will kick that toe during the night!

Donna F
February 27th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Omg I'm dying just reading what you're going through. I have NO pain tolerance what so ever....except child birth. I had 2 willingly with no drugs and I did really well but what you're going thru....no way. I thought I had problems wiping myself in the potty after back surgery..you can't even get around good. I hope you feel better soon.

CrazyMtnLady
February 27th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Marilyn, sorry you are in such pain. I figured the podiatrist might have to poke a hole in your toenail and relieve some of the pressure but you really must have whacked it to have to have the toenail removed. Hope you start feeling better soon.