PDA

View Full Version : the hit in cold weather

mamaquilt
February 26th, 2013, 03:37 PM
My son thought I could do this for a farmer down the road since I love and collect roosters.

So if you don't know what to crochet or knit anymore (GrammaBabs) maybe there is a farmer in your area would love a new coat for his hens and rooster.

greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

CountryHut
February 26th, 2013, 04:07 PM
and they don't seem to mind wearing their shawls . . too cute

Jean Sewing Machine
February 26th, 2013, 04:44 PM
My neighbor who has a very big yard, left over from the times 100 years ago when this property around here was farmland, has a flock of very colorful chickens. I was wondering what you do with your flock in winter, so I guess this could work! They look good in their shawls, and I'm sure it is appreciated by the hens!

auntiemern
February 26th, 2013, 04:52 PM
So glad you posted this today. It made me chuckle when I really need one. Thank you.

Lisapc
February 26th, 2013, 05:22 PM
My neighbor who has a very big yard, left over from the times 100 years ago when this property around here was farmland, has a flock of very colorful chickens. I was wondering what you do with your flock in winter, so I guess this could work! They look good in their shawls, and I'm sure it is appreciated by the hens!

Reading that made me laugh and realize how different the states are depending on where you are. I am in Tyngsboro. My grandfather had a farm with lots and lots of land and a full time job in the city of Cambridge starting after WWII. That is common in the town. The rest of the town was little cottages with none to 500 sq ft lots near the lakes, ponds and where they could buy land. Now those are year round houses. My home used to be a turkey farm and all the homes across the street for a mile and on my side flanking me for a mile where once part of this property. We have one apple tree left from their orchard which has to come down this spring. My neighbor has 2 of them left which are doing fine so far. Our neighbor across the street's father is the builder who partnered with our homes owners to subdivide and build when farming was not something their children were interested in during the 60's. I love my old home and cherish our couple of acres.

Tanya D
February 26th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Oh don't they look great in their shawls! LOL This made me smile.

alliek
February 26th, 2013, 10:57 PM
They must really enjoy those shawls! They are egg cellent! (sorry, couldn't resist, I think I have cabin fever)