PDA

View Full Version : Another storm...

Genny
February 26th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Here we go again, another winter storm. DH was called out at 3:30am, this is one of the worst ones I've seen here in Southern Iowa this year. The snow is really coming down and the winds are so strong that its covering our windows with the snow. The only window I can see out is the one by my computer and sewing machine. I remember all the years that my dh and I enjoyed sitting watching TV and watching the snow come down, now hes always plowing for the county and its not the same, now I hate the snow!:icon_bah:

Sandy Navas
February 26th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Just almost that bad here, Genny - sure glad I don't have to be out in it. I didn't hear any wind in the middle of the night but the north side of our trees are obliterated with snow. Hope your DH is very, very safe and warm.

Genny
February 26th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Thanks Sandy, you stay safe and warm too. Genny

laf512
February 26th, 2013, 01:26 PM
We're getting it here, too. We lost our electricity for a bit, but luckily it came back on! I think we are supposed to get another 6-10" of snow here. I hope your dh stays safe!

Roxanne
February 26th, 2013, 01:39 PM
We are getting freezing rain :(

Tanya D
February 26th, 2013, 01:49 PM
I heard on the radio this morning that you guys were getting yet another storm. They said you were due to get almost 2 feet of snow! That's crazy. We got snow last night but only about 4". We haven't had any snow for a while and I was quite enjoying it.

For those in the path of the storm, stay safe and warm. Good day to stay inside and sew, sew, sew!

buckeyequilter
February 26th, 2013, 02:04 PM
I don't think we're expecting much snow here but it's raining now and I think it's supposed to start freezing. Everyone stay safe and warm. I'm sitting at my desk....don't know why this office feels so cold - I put on a sweater and turned my little heater on.

ilive2craft2
February 26th, 2013, 02:17 PM
We were getting a mix and then it snowed like crazy for about 5 minutes, but all has appeared to have stopped for now. Just supposed to get the mix and then 1-3 inches. I just want the ice to stay away. Even though the trees are starting to look kind of pretty all covered in ice! Hubby and I are both home with this darn bronchitis - we just can't get it to go away. Hope everyone stays safe and warm today! This forum has kept me from going insane this last week or so.... :)

shannonsaulter
February 26th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Everyone on this storms path be safe and stay warm!

stitching woman
February 26th, 2013, 02:23 PM
We have another additional 10 inches on top of what we got last week. It has started to clear off here and I can now see across the street but we are to get another couple of inches by morning.

Genny I sure hope your DH stays safe and gets to come home soon.

Tanya D
February 26th, 2013, 02:24 PM
I'm sitting at my desk....don't know why this office feels so cold - I put on a sweater and turned my little heater on.

Shirley, we have a programmable thermostat that is programmed to sit at 64F during the weekdays when the kids are at school and we are at work. We always forgot about it on days off and at about 10am, we remember why we are so cold! It happens every time. LOL

SallyO'Sews
February 26th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Everybody please stay safe... Praying for you all!

buckeyequilter
February 26th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Shirley, we have a programmable thermostat that is programmed to sit at 64F during the weekdays when the kids are at school and we are at work. We always forgot about it on days off and at about 10am, we remember why we are so cold! It happens every time. LOL

They have that here at work too. I complained yesterday morning....it was 66* in the office...the boss laughed at me but the heat got turned up some. I don't know if he realizes it would just be cheaper to set it at about 73* and leave it alone....it takes more power to reheat the office and then we have all these little personal heaters going in our offices..those aren't running for free.

SuzyQue
February 26th, 2013, 03:00 PM
We, too, got another 10 inches or so of fresh snow. This is a very wet snow that is clinging to everything. So far, we have maintained power. The driveway is drifted shut, but we do have the tractor here.....when we decide we need to dig out to go somewhere. It is very pretty out, but so white that it is hard to even see the drifts and the depth of the snow most places. Crock pot is on, we have heat and power, all is well.

Lisapc
February 26th, 2013, 03:01 PM
They have that here at work too. I complained yesterday morning....it was 66* in the office...the boss laughed at me but the heat got turned up some. I don't know if he realizes it would just be cheaper to set it at about 73* and leave it alone....it takes more power to reheat the office and then we have all these little personal heaters going in our offices..those aren't running for free.

That is an argument I am tired of having. What does it matter if you spend more on the oil/gas bill or electricity bill. If the whole place was heated to a comfortable temperature then there would be no need for individual/room heaters. Drives me crazy!

Tanya D
February 26th, 2013, 03:10 PM
I have a personal heater under my desk at work. We have an upstairs in our office and no matter what they try to do to regulate the temp, it gets hot up there. So now they have the thermostat sitting at 64F and it's freezing in here all the time. I wear layers and have my space heater running for most of the day. I had to take my wedding rings off this morning...my hands were so cold, they were spinning around and driving me crazy!

auntiemern
February 26th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Hope everyone in the path of this latest storm stays safe and warm. Luckily this side of the state from St. Louis South bit the bullet ad didn't get it. Genny I know how you feel about DH. DSS works for the county here, and had to be out in all the stuff clearing roads last week. Praying he has a safe day.

Genny
February 26th, 2013, 05:09 PM
I think it's quit snowing here , not sure because the winds still blowing. It's supposed to start again and snow thru the night.

Stay safe everyone!

Genny
February 26th, 2013, 09:24 PM
DH got home about 5:00 and used the snow blower on the driveway. The snow was almost to the top of the snow blower and its starting to snow again.

HdWench
February 26th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Genny, Hope you all keep power, have tons of hot coffee for that great man - coming home only to have to snow blow *wow* those drifts are huge!!!

Stay safe all in the wake of this storm!

phoots
February 27th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Not that I'm bragging or anything, but we'll hit the 70's be the weekend here in Vegas. Honest, I'd rather have snow.

Pam in Vegas