PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Morning - Time to Smile

Blondie
February 26th, 2013, 07:23 AM

Happy Tuesday Greetings Folksies!

It is going to be a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Yes, I am proclaiming that even though here where I sit it is still dark, huge chance of rain and sleet today, errands to run, but folksies, I woke up happy to be alive. Now despite what you may or may not think of me in the mornings, I do not always wake up happy. Most of the time, I wake up, shuffle my way into here in front of the computer with hair looking for all the world like Don King, and wait for Luscious to bring the coffee on. For some unknown reason, I woke up ready to go. What is up with that? I'll take it, whatever and whyever and however!

I practiced some more FMQ yesterday and I have to say that it is not going well. I haven't figured out if it is me or the machine. It is gonna take a LOT of practice and patience. I also don't like a small throat my machine has. I feel destined to do only placemats and pot holders. Anything larger is just too much for me, my hands and machine to hold. Despite that, it is still going to be beautiful day in the neighborhood.

For those who didn't read my second posting in yesterday's daily thread about Luscious, he will live. He is also happy that school is on a two hour delay because of the sleet. His bum is super sore from the shot but like I said he will live. And I am still sort of gloating inside but consoling on the outside.

Find something in your day to smile about. Heckfire, one morning I just may post a pic of my hair in the morning. Really, I don't know how I do that in my sleep. And still, Luscious thinks I am beautiful. Now smile!

MayinJerset
February 26th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Hi Blondie. I'm also sitting here at the computer in the dark waiting for coffee but today I'll have to make it myself because DH is still in bed coughing up a fit. He's finally said he needs to see doctor so let's hope they can fit him in today. If not 2 walk in treatment centers have recenly opened in our area and that's where we'll be.

My quilting today will be limited into finding a way to make some fabric look like a lighthouse. I have the photo I want to copy but doing it is another story. Wish me luck as I need to have the 9 x 12 block finished by next Tuesday night.

jingleme
February 26th, 2013, 08:02 AM
stretch.....yawn.........scratch......it's my bedtime right about now so... no coffee for me. I hope your fellas both get all better real quick!
May, good luck with your lighthouse! You can do it!
night night

stitching woman
February 26th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Good morning I am also setting in the dark drinking coffee and waiting for the sun to come up. Snow is coming down and we are expecting 8 to 10 inches and yes I am smiling as we don't have to go out in it.
I have a baby quilt in progress so need to work on that today.
Everyone on who is under the weather hope you get back to normal very quickly. Stay safe and warm on the wonderful February day.

MrsT2u
February 26th, 2013, 08:44 AM
PRAISES! The wind has stopped blowing--blew 40 MPH for 24 hours. Why does the wind disturb me so? My dog, Luke, barks at the shaking bushes and trees when he sees them, so I keep the blinds pulled when it's windy. That being said, I worked on my March secret pal project themed "wind or windy." Not finished yet but close. Still quilting grandson's twin sized tumbler, too. Would like to finish it today, but all things will get done in their own time . . . Make it a wonderful day. Make someone smile--

Iris Girl
February 26th, 2013, 08:48 AM
may I did a lighthouse block with my group once , had my hubby and kids draw it basic shape here is the one I done41038

Monique
February 26th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Good morning everyone. Phone just rang and off to work I go. Same thing happened yesterday. So no quilting for this gal today either. Have a wonderful day everyone. I am starting to have troubles with my sinuses. YUCK!!

MRoy
February 26th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Good morning! Blondie, you sound like me in the mornings, wild hair and all! It's rainy and gloomy here. I look out the window and see gray clouds. I'm thinking about my mom this morning, today was her birthday. She wasn't a party person, but she loved getting cards and birthday wishes.

It's time to get ready to face the day at work. I hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday!

CountryHut
February 26th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Good Morning all . ..

hubby is off to work - after today - he's off for another 5 days -- he's loving the new work schedule
work 5 - off 1 - work 2 - off 5 - it's like he's on vacation twice a month . . . hmmmmm ..

tonight is girls night out -- oooooooh I wanted to go to BoneFish Grill -- I feel the need for some Bang Bang Shrimp
but everyone was Italian . .. dang . I can have spagetts here at the house . . . when I go out -- I was something I dn't
fix myself . . ya know what I mean? . .
so my thought is this --- I'll leave early enough -- I'll go have bang bang and then go have dessert with the girls :|
that just might work . .

all you peeps that have the weather cough and such -- have ya'll ever heard of Creomulsion cough syrup? . . I swear by it
but the taste is totally NASTY NASTYNASTY. . and I mean NASTY . . but it's the only cough syrup that calms my cough --
thank goodness I haven't needed any for the last couple of years . . . it's very hard to find in drug stores and such . . .
here's their web addy . . . ---- www.creomulsion.com ---- they can tell you where you can purchase it in your area : )

ok, I've been waiting and waiting on 2 packages to come -- a DVD tutorial on making rag rugs . . . finally they arrived yesterday .
YIPPY SKIPPY . . I have something new to learn . .. I am totally a visional learner -- written instruction are not my bag .
anyway . . I'm sitting here last evening -- watching the Tut . . and at the end of the DVD -- it's all about the person being Saved
and becoming a Christian . . then she starts praying . . .
- ----- I don't know how to feel about this ----
-- I mean I have my beliefs - and Lord knows I have been blessed in soooo many ways
-- I just don't know how to feel about it . . . this is going to bug me -- until I understand my feelings --

well, off to surf a bit through the threads and the internet . . .

everyone have a safe and wonderful day

lilmouse
February 26th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Morning Everyone, just finished running my SIL to work, I overslept, made it there with 5 minutes to spare and I even went to bed two hours earlier than usual, slept through the two alarm clocks and Sassi barking. Wow, now I can't go back to sleep; the weather here is mild this morning. Good thing as I had on my robe and slippers and no socks when I drove her to work, no idea what my hair looked like but since I keep it short it was probably standing straight up somewhere! Good thing it is dark out when I take her to work! Hope to get a quilt pin basted this morning before I go to work at J's at noon. It is a different shift that I am working today than I usually do so no idea what to expect. Hoping tonight to start some quilting...have two quilts to quilt..and a deadline on both of them! I have the binding picked out and have to make that yet also. Also have the usual household chores to do as well including laundry which I hate!
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday today, hugs for all and prayers as well...and smile; people will wonder what you are up to!

CrazyMtnLady
February 26th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Good morning everyone. Sitting here reading all your posts and sipping on my first cup of coffee. Got up to go get it and stepped on the dang cat..MonkeyButt. Boy did she let out a squeal!!!! That's what she gets for laying under my feet when it's dark and I don't have a light on. :)
TarButt is prancing around wanting to go out. I think she just wants to go romp in the little bit of snow that we got over night. I guess I will let her go out and play. Looks like my wandering Hondo has come home so I will have to take out some cat food for him. He comes and goes like a traveling salesman! LOL
Need to go to town today. DH needs to do some banking. I would like to stay home but I know he will make me go with him. :( There is no reason for me to go, but I would like to look at some fabric to make a couple pairs of pajama pants. That's all I wear around the house. I only have 2 pair of jeans and those are both in the laundry but at temps in the 30s and the rain and snow I refuse to go out to the outdoor kitchen and stand at the wringer and do any laundry! So I wear HIS jeans if I need too because he has more clothes than anyone I know. And my big behind fits just fine in his jeans. LOL. Plus I want to try the primitive quilting that lilmouse did on my COC quilt so I need to look for some thread.
If he will let me stay home I am going to mix up a batch of bread and then do some sewing on my tote.

Have a wonderful day. If you have been hit with the snow and nasty winter weather stay safe. Drink lots of fluids and eat chicken soup for those who are under the weather.

Hugs and prayers to all.

Tamara J Liddell
February 26th, 2013, 10:09 AM
PRAISES! The wind has stopped blowing--blew 40 MPH for 24 hours. Why does the wind disturb me so? My dog, Luke, barks at the shaking bushes and trees when he sees them, so I keep the blinds pulled when it's windy. That being said, I worked on my March secret pal project themed "wind or windy." Not finished yet but close. Still quilting grandson's twin sized tumbler, too. Would like to finish it today, but all things will get done in their own time . . . Make it a wonderful day. Make someone smile--

We not only had the High winds here, but lost our power for 11 hrs.. Whats bad is the west side of our street had power, the east side, no power. :P
Good side, no cooking B/F picked up hamburgers on his way home from work. ;-) Worked on some hand stitching from 4pm until 11pm when I finally went to bed..Glad we had a battery powered camp lamp..

Lisapc
February 26th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Drinking my 3rd cup of coffee, eating my oatmeal and wondering why I am so tired. I could go back to sleep for the whole day right now. I napped yesterday so it make no since.

I am really growing very impatient waiting for my daughter to have that baby. This overdue thing is alien to me. I just don't get it. My kids couldn't wait to get out and meet us all. I just want Brenna and Lillyanna to be healthy. I also want Lil' Miss Kora to not feel jealous or neglected. My son is so excited the first thing out of his mouth every morning lately is, "is Lillyanna here?" I wish I had a yes for him.

I am going to B.J.'s and then home to sew this afternoon. I am grateful to have that option.

I am praying for all who need it and hope we all have a real belly laugh experience today.

buckeyequilter
February 26th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Good morning...

Just working on some tax stuff here at work and decided I need a break from those numbers.

We're supposed to get some freezing drizzle/rain and maybe a little snow. I hope we don't get anything like the midwest is getting....everyone out there please stay safe and if you have to drive...drive carefully.

PRAISES! The wind has stopped blowing--blew 40 MPH for 24 hours. Why does the wind disturb me so? --

. I'm sitting here last evening -- watching the Tut . . and at the end of the DVD -- it's all about the person being Saved
and becoming a Christian . . then she starts praying . . .
- ----- I don't know how to feel about this ----
-- I mean I have my beliefs - and Lord knows I have been blessed in soooo many ways
-- I just don't know how to feel about it . . . this is going to bug me -- until I understand my feelings --

I was reading through the posts and thought "we all have issues"....right now (and I will be talking to my doctor about this) is the fear I feel when someone says they have the flu or something and when I hear the word pneumonia I practically panic. So for all you folks that are sick please take care of yourself.

Well I better get back to those taxes and then move on to paying the bills - yeah fun (but it puts a paycheck the bank).

Have a wonderful day!!!! Prayers for all those that are sick and for those that just need a little boost. Hugs to all :)

meemeecyn
February 26th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Good morning! Love what you said about bed hair, Blondie! I finally told my hairstylist to cut it short and keep it spike-y! It was looking like that in the morning anyway (from still needing to sleep in the chair part of the night) so figured if it was deliberately cut that way, I could use that for an excuse!
Hope everyone finds something to smile about today.
Cynthia

Lindagie
February 26th, 2013, 11:05 AM
We didn't get any thing but rain so far; no ice; yay! We are probably still in the path of something; hope it is a little snow if anything. I won't go anywhere if it is icy. I was going to put a quilt top together today, but have to babysit with a sick granddaughter and then go pick up my grandson from pre-school later this morning, so no quilting for me today. Maybe this afternoon I can "plan" another project; we shall see.
DH had rehab yesterday, so I am sure today will be his "rest" day. Maybe that is a good thing. He and the dog are asleep yet, so guess I better get some coffee before the kids get here. Have a great day everyone; sending good vibes!

auntiemern
February 26th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Morning all. I am up, but not quite at em. Blondie, glad to hear LL is going to make it. Glad we didn't get the other round of cruddy weather, that our western neighbor got hit with. Still gonna make DH go to foot doctor with me, cuz that could change. Gotta get ready to go to foot doctor. Will check in later to see what everyone has been doing. OH yeah, BTW, I got 25 pillow cases in the mail yesterday, but did not have time to take pics and post. Will get that done today. Hugs and blessings to all, prayers for those in need.

EnumclawGramma
February 26th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Morning...
I am also sitting in the dark with my coffee and my quilting forum! I just woke DGD for school so this quiet won't last but a few more minutes. I got a lot of housework done yesterday, today is ironing. I was also able to steal a few minutes away last night to work on another mug rug (addictive lil' devils!) and explore my fabric stash a little. I've got some really fun fabrics that need to be loved on!

It's warmed up here a little, we've got rain but I'm not complaining cuz it's not snow! Yesterday was COLD and windy! I was beginning to wonder if we were going to get snow. Ugh.

Tomorrow is my Daughter's 34th birthday. She's my youngest. Born at home on the day of the total eclipse of the sun, with hubby, my BFF and a midwife by my side. Where do the years go?

Ok, more coffee! I hope you all have a wonderful day, find time to get creative and smile! Hugs and Prayers to all who want/need. Praying for Bubby....hope she's feeling better soon.

LynneLeavell
February 26th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Worked on baby gifts over the weekend so Hubby could take them to a guy he works with whose wife just a baby girl about a month ago. Nothing spectacular 2 receiving blankets and a growth chart. The growth chart was my favorite. Have two nieces who are pregnant one is due at the end of August and the other is due in mid September. So as soon as they find out what they are having I will start on gifts for them. Wished I was at home today sewing. It is gloomy rainy and yucky. Do not want to be at work.

Oh well stay safe and warm. Prayers going out to those that need them and even to those that don't.

debinmalaga
February 26th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Good morning all! Having little breaks between customers this morning (which is strange, usually we are very busy) so thought I'd poke my head in and say Hello! No sewing for me today but I sure had fun starting a Mug Rug on Sunday - 9 months since I sewed and it seemed to come right back to me. To all those lucky enough to sew on a Tuesday - I'm jealous!!

aliaslaceygreen
February 26th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Good morning. Tomorrow is gonna be a hard sell, getting back up to go to work! I had to get Gandolf to the vet for teeth cleaning this morning and barely woke up in time! Whoops. And I don't know if it's psychosomatic or if Laylabug had a particularly aggressive bug, but I feel like I am getting sick, and I haven't even had a chance to finish disinfecting the house from yesterday.... Yikes. Guess I need to get myself pulled together....

Sandy Navas
February 26th, 2013, 01:07 PM
I have heard that all our friends just south of me have it much worse this morning, but I would venture to say we have about 6-8 inches of fresh fallen snow on the ground and it is still falling so heavily that you can't see across the highway.

I got up this morning feeling mighty spunky and got my coffee - headed to the computer and wham my neck stiffened up and I am in pain, pain, pain. Guess I must have slept funny or something. Al got out his trusty Activon stick and rubbed me down, but certain movements are truly OUCHY!

Hoping to get something special finished today - so I'm rushing off here. I'll have to post some more pictures of our Zoe this afternoon - she was here BEGGING for me to print out penguin coloring pages this morning. I asked her why she was so cute and she told me she was born cute and when you are born cute you grow up cute.

I have my prayers going for all my friends who are under the weather, fighting the flu and other ailments, those who have broken hearts, need a squeeze of confidence, or just need to know that I'm thinking of them. Here's to YOU!!

shannonsaulter
February 26th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Good morning to all I finally get a day off
Hope all those with snow and more on the way stay safe and
warm..will work a bit on my bruise quilt today..

bakermom
February 26th, 2013, 01:38 PM
sitting here felling icky. The little cold i've been playing with has turned ugly. Sore throat, cough etc. DD is also battling it, poor girl can barely talk.
It's raining here now and is supposed to turn into snow later today. Probably be a nasty mix about the time DH heads home from work.
I made a kettle of soup yesterday so we'll be good, just need some biscuits or corn bread to go with it. nothing like soup on a cold rainy day.

Tanya D
February 26th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Woke up to a blanket of fresh snow this morning...nothing like what is happening out East but enough that I had to shovel before heading off to work.

Work...yuck...would much prefer to be at home in my woman cave creating. I started cutting up denim last night to make a denim quilt top. I've had piles and piles of denim sitting there and had started cutting it up a while back without a pattern in mind. Now I have a pattern and I'm on my way.

Last night I helped my 12 year old daughter Emma make her first quilt. She has expressed interest in making one so I had bought her a little kit from Wal-Mart for Christmas. We pulled it out last night and she did all the cutting and started putting it together. The fabric has dogs on it, collars, dog words and then one solid one along with some fun fur (that stuff is slippery!!!) She decided she is going to make the quilt for our dog Scoop, since he's always laying on something, whether it be a blanket, a back pack, a jacket...if it's on the floor, he lays on it. The instructions state that you make the top and sew it to the back, right sides together, leaving an opening to pull it right side out. There is no mention of batting so I'm going to come up with something else. Since it's flannel, I thought we could sandwich it, stitch in the ditch and then do a fancy stitch 3/4" in from the edge and then rag it. We'll see what she wants to do.

Tonight hubby and I are going on a date to the movies. We don't go out that often...we are homebodies so I'm looking forward to it. We are going to see Identity Thief...I've heard it's quite funny so I'll be laughing and smiling lots tonight.

I hope all those that are feeling under the weather start feeling better and soon. And those that are getting snowed on, stay safe and warm and don't go out unless you have to.

Lisa, I hope little Miss Lillyanna makes her appearance soon. Any mention from the doctor as to how long they will let Brenna go before inducing?

Have a great day everyone!!!

bkthomas
February 26th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Hdwench aka Debbie posted on a really old Tuesday thread and I'm :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

bkthomas
February 26th, 2013, 08:24 PM
In this thread we're having snow storms and in the other a Heat Wave!

toggpine
February 26th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Quick! Kathy needs more fabric or thread!
She must have run out of projects or materials to sew if she has the time to go back and dig up old posts from a year and a half ago.
I have some ladybugs and a giraffe to finish.

janluna
February 27th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Kathy, you had me going for a while. I finally looked up and caught the date and said "What the......" Too funny!
I haven't been on in a while. I'm lucky if I have time for email. Sorry about that.
Sandy, so sorry to hear you are feeling bad. Prayers being said for you. Rest, and get well. Love you.
I miss this time online, hopefully tomorrow I can get on earlier and see how everyone is faring. Love, Hugs, and Prayers for all, Jan L.
We are about to get the storm you have had to deal with. I just hope it doesn't become an ice storm.

Renate
February 27th, 2013, 02:04 AM
Dear Blondie,
I would love to say "today I am doing nothing because yesterday a got not ready with it" ... but this time is awfully busy. It is already Wednesday, I got up at 5.30 am. I was sure I go right into the office and start cleaning my desk from all the undone paperwork. Where am I sitting: at the beloved forum. Reading all the news you are all writing during my night, your day. Time shifting is not easy to handle when you want to be up to date.
So for me: staying with you all at the forum is like doing nothing besides realxing my brain and having fun.