PDA

View Full Version : Dig a Hole, Shoot Me, and Push Me In

auntiemern
February 26th, 2013, 02:11 AM
Ok, I'm not dying, but not feeling great either. Had appt with dermatologist today. Still having issues with the 'rash' that will not completely go away. Any way he decides he is going to to a couple, yes 2 biopsies on 2 of the blistery looking things. Fine, do what you gotta do. However he did them on the underside of my wrist (thank goodness my left side) right above the pad of my thumb. Now I must tell you, I have absolutely no meat on my arms. They are the only part of my body that looks anorexic. Well now that the numbing medicine has worn off, it is hurting like the dickens cuz I have no fat or meat there to help absorb the pain of having 2 holes put in my skin. Add to that the fact that I am still itching and breaking out sporadically does not make for a happy me. On top of this, last week, while at DD's doing late night babysitting duties, her kitten, who is in her cycle, and hasn't been spayed yet, bolts out the door. In my mad dash to catch her just as she was going under the bbq grill, I hit my foot or should say feet, on the rock hard wheel of said grill. Immediate pain shot through both of my big toes. (yes I had on my tennis shoes). All that night, and into the next morning my toes were killing me. When I finally got up, deciding sleep was out of the question, I looked at my poor toes. My left one looked a little bruised on the nail. The right one however looked like someone had tried to rip off my toenail. I apparently hit so hard it jammed my nail back and off the nail bed. Now I am going to the podiatrist tomorrow cuz it is all red and swollen around the nail, and the toenail itself, is all white and black and blue next to the cuticle and feels like it is ready to explode or someone dropped a cinder block on it.
I have never been to a podiatrist, and I am not sure what he will do for my poor toe. I am sure I am going to lose it, which in itself does not make me happy because I am very picky with my hands and feet. Not quite obsessive, but that is the one luxury I allow myself. In the summer I have my toes done to match my fingers with designs and the whole nine yards. I am just scared that it will not grow back looking right and my days of wearing sandals will be over. Ok now I am rambling. Done whining and complaining. I think I got some of it out of my system.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 26th, 2013, 02:17 AM
So sorry for your pains and woes, hope you can get relief soon! One question, is the cat....in a family way?

Lisapc
February 26th, 2013, 02:20 AM
I hope you feel better soon. Sometimes it is just one little thing that can send us over the edge and you have a pile of them. Sorry.

auntiemern
February 26th, 2013, 02:26 AM
No, but acting like she wants to be, lol. She will get her spayed as soon as she gets her tax refund.
So sorry for your pains and woes, hope you can get relief soon! One question, is the cat....in a family way?

Swedish leo
February 26th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Hope you feeling better soon. It is not fun to be aiking and sore.

Hugs

Annika

Kaytessa
February 26th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Bless your heart , how painful! May the doctors find and fix the problems. May your healing be fast and perfect with no scars or uglies anywhere .

Hulamoon
February 26th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Oh my gosh! I hope your rash thing isn't serious! I lost my big toe nail on the same foot twice. lol it doesn't hurt but it takes forever to grow out.

K. McEuen
February 26th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Dig a Hole, Shoot Me, and Push Me In

Jeez, you want us to do all the work???

rebeccas-sewing
February 26th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Sorry about your rash and your toes. I can relate to the rash in a big way. There's a little miracle drug called Sinequan (Doxepin). It's mostly used to treat depression and anxiety, but taken in a certain dosage it is an antihistamine that builds up in the skin. By the time I'd been allergy tested, etc., I was covered in a rash all over my chest, back, arms, legs with extremely painful hives. I would scratch until I bled. I was a sad gal!!! I was in such a bad way Joe practically had to carry me into the dermatologist's office. That's the point at which the dermatologist wrote the prescription for me. I took 4 pills every 4 hours and within a short period of time it all went away. I've been taking that drug for ten years.

Recently, I had more allergy testing done. In order to do the testing I had to go off the Doxepin. To my very pleasant surprise the rash didn't come back. I had tried over the years to get off the drug but the rash would start to reappear. I've now been off the medicine for a couple of months and I'm still rash free. Believe me, I keep that medicine close at hand just in case. What's really bizarre is the allergy testing done back then didn't show much of anything - borderline allergic to a black mold and a particular type of ragweed. Recent allergy testing for sinus troubles has revealed that I am most definitely allergic to molds and somewhat allergic to several other things. So, when I say I can empathize with you, Marilyn, I truly mean it. Feel better soon! Tootsies and all!!!

lilmouse
February 26th, 2013, 09:42 AM
I am so sorry you are going through all of this....I tripped over a twig, smaller than a pencil and ripped off the baby toenail; as it is a high infection site I had to see the doctor every day for a week so they could change the bandage and put ointment on it as well as a round or oral antibiotics....so I can really sympathize with you.....OUCH! Please come and vent anytime...at least it helps a little bit and you have been struggling with that rash for some time now....so sorry!

Jess1377
February 26th, 2013, 09:59 AM
OUCH!!! I am so sorry you are going through all that and hope you feel better really soon!

buckeyequilter
February 26th, 2013, 10:04 AM
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/greetings/get-well/get-well_44.gif (http://www.dazzlejunction.com/)

CrazyMtnLady
February 26th, 2013, 10:40 AM
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you get that rash taken care of soon and that your toes heal without losing your nails.

meemeecyn
February 26th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Oh, Marilyn! So sorry to hear you have been going through this. Itching is awful enough and then not knowing what is causing it. To top that off.....having problems in the feet. No wonder you are uncomfortable! Hope you get answers and relief for all very soon, my Quilting Friend.
Cynthia

ilive2craft2
February 26th, 2013, 04:18 PM
I can relate to the rashes - have bronchitis and have now been taken off of 3 different meds due to reactions to them - each was different and fun in their own way.... Hope you get better soon!

KathieB
February 26th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Feel better soon! Keep those feet up and stay :icon_calm: