PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the Quilt Shop!

Cat n bull
February 25th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Just wondering if you will soon have the Moda Honey Combs?

Also I just saw the Oink A Doodle Moo by Jenn Ski fabric line and it is SO CUTE!!! Hoping you will have it soon as well.

BillNye
March 8th, 2013, 03:39 PM
The honey combs, like the hexagon precuts? Do you want all those Y seams?

Jean Sewing Machine
March 8th, 2013, 03:53 PM
The honey combs, like the hexagon precuts? Do you want all those Y seams? Somebody posted how to make them on the machine with no y seams--that would be the only way I'd be using them!

Momofmonsters5
March 8th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Love the honeycombs! Handwork is perfect for appointments!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 8th, 2013, 03:59 PM
This forum has gone hexi crazy!

Cat n bull
March 8th, 2013, 04:10 PM

I am not afeared of Y seams! Yes I do want Honeycombs. Pretty Please???

Roxanne
March 8th, 2013, 04:12 PM

I almost got the hexi crazies, but got sidetracked with the periwinkle quilt and that is taking up all my time. Glad I didn't start with the hexis because I know myself pretty well. I would have been bored with it pretty quickly if it was taking too long. I want to try the half hexi template and do some that way. I think they are just as pretty.

K. McEuen
March 8th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Love the honeycombs! Handwork is perfect for appointments!

The honeycombs are about 6", not the ones that are used for english paper piecing.

Cat n bull
March 8th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Karen you can still use them for EPP, just make bigger hexagons!

Lisapc
March 8th, 2013, 05:48 PM

You don't have to have why seams. You sew 2 1/2 inch triangles t o opposing sides of the hex and join them with the long seams into rows.

Cat n bull
March 8th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Love it Lisa!

auntiemern
March 8th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Yes it has. Not me, never gonna, not happening!!!!!

Lisapc
March 8th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Love it Lisa!

Way back about 10 yrs ago I bought a 6 inch hexagon template and a 6 inch diamond template. I never did a thing with either. Then the same week I saw my first tutorial with Jenny I was watching sewing with Nancy and she had a woman who did that with hexies. She sewed a triangle to each end and had a long seam to connect them and make a row. I still haven't tried that but you can probably find it on youtube. The show was a two part one titled fresh from the clothesline and it isn't the one with the trip around the world quilt.