PDA

View Full Version : Typing is not my friend.

RiverMomm
February 25th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Over the weekend, I was thinking . . . which is always dangerous. I want to make a cool quilt for a 5 year old boy. What to do? Then it hit me, how about a Where's Waldo quilt?!? Late at night, I type in Waldo and hit search. But I must have really mangled the typing because something else came up. You know, the "oh, you must have meant this . . ." and then it brings up all sorts of sites.

Let's just say, it wasn't Waldo. But I did find out that there is a town AND an island in Newfoundland, Canada which shares it's name with a sex toy. Wonder what kind of advertisements I will be seeing on facebook after THAT search?!?

Tanya D
February 25th, 2013, 06:36 PM
LOL, this made me laugh Vicky!

Did you know there is a town in Saskatchewan named Climax?

Lisapc
February 25th, 2013, 06:40 PM
You made me giggle, Thanks.

CountryHut
February 25th, 2013, 06:41 PM
then there is --- intercourse pennsylvania and bird-in-hand pennsylvania

Sandy Navas
February 25th, 2013, 06:45 PM
See, Vicky - I knew our wonderful Canadian friends knew how to do the quick and 'dirty' searches!!

http://rlv.zcache.com/hee_hee_hee_cartoon_giraffe_greeting_card-p137489410848192194envwi_400.jpg

shorte85
February 25th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Ha ha, that is funny. LOL

Monique
February 25th, 2013, 09:31 PM
I have been to Intercourse 4 times. How many can say they had it in Intercourse. LOL!! I know too much information.

Monique
February 25th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Over the weekend, I was thinking . . . which is always dangerous. I want to make a cool quilt for a 5 year old boy. What to do? Then it hit me, how about a Where's Waldo quilt?!? Late at night, I type in Waldo and hit search. But I must have really mangled the typing because something else came up. You know, the "oh, you must have meant this . . ." and then it brings up all sorts of sites.

Let's just say, it wasn't Waldo. But I did find out that there is a town AND an island in Newfoundland, Canada which shares it's name with a sex toy. Wonder what kind of advertisements I will be seeing on facebook after THAT search?!?

Dee do you know this place?

pcbatiks
February 26th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Lesson # 2 ...............don't quilt, or cut fabric, or search the internet late at night! :D

Musical_Starling
February 26th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Dee do you know this place?

Yes ma'am. As a matter of fact my parents and one of my sisters live in Dildo (or Broad Cove according to the telephone company, apparently it's embarassing to admit you have customers in Dildo so they pretend they're from the next town over lol) The other lives just a little way down the road in Green's Harbour. I was not raised there though lol I was actually raised on the southwest coast of the island, just south of Port-aux-Basques.

We also have Blow Me Down, Come By Chance, Comfort Cove, Conception Harbour, Cox's Cove, Cupids, Happy Adventure, Leading Tickles, plus loads more that I'm not thinking of.

shannonsaulter
February 26th, 2013, 01:03 AM
LMAO!!!! I know that feeling...lol..esp if I am using my phone to post

lilmouse
February 26th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Sure am glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I read that post! My laptop would have been wearing it and considering I use cream and sugar it would have been a real mess! ROFLMAO!

Hulamoon
February 26th, 2013, 01:26 AM
LOL Too funny!

auntiemern
February 26th, 2013, 03:08 AM
How funny is that? I have heard of, I believe on this very forum, those towns names. Yep, would not want to tell people I was from there.

Tamara J Liddell
February 26th, 2013, 09:58 AM
How funny is that? I have heard of, I believe on this very forum, those towns names. Yep, would not want to tell people I was from there.

Ohhh I don't know, the look of shock on someone's face would almost be worth it.. roflmao..
about choked on my cereal reading this one...

Jess1377
February 26th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Oh my gosh that is just to funny! I have withheld certain searches for that same reason too (like what the heck is J date and again its curiosity cause it is being mentioned everywhere ~ not wanting to use it! I am very happily married!!!). So not wanting to see stupid ads elsewhere just cause I was curious about what something meant or is I dont do the search. ;)

CrazyMtnLady
February 26th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Boy am I glad I wasn't drinking my coffee when I read this thread!!! LMAO.