PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas!

toggpine
December 25th, 2010, 08:34 AM
May you all have the most merry of days with your families and loved ones. Thank you all for being such great moral support. I know we are spread all over, but it is like having an extended band of sisters. Holiday hugs to you all!

I just finished wrapping all of the gifts for here and there. The yeast breads for breakfast @ Mom's are done. I did not finish my sister's knitting needle case or the Chex mix. Oh well, I 'll get them both done for our trip after New Years. Gonna catch a few winks before I have to get up and out of here.

May the Lord bless you and keep you in His tender care.
Cathy

quiltingtrish
December 25th, 2010, 10:14 AM
And a MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too Cathy and all my friends here!
I am sitting here enjoying the quiet of the Christmas morning before the hustle and bustle starts. I've already wished Jesus a Happy Birthday too! I do miss the kids pouncing on the bed as soon as the sun rose to "get up! get up! Santa was here!", but even now that they are older, we have friends streaming in and out most of the day long.
I do know Odie got Katie a WII with a few games so that should be fun later today. I'll put a ham in the oven and have trimmings on the side with an apple pie for dessert - yummy! Hoping someone thought to put a quilty gift under the tree for me somewhere - but am counting my blessings that all my children are here once again snuggled safely in their beds.

Have a great day everyone! Prayers for those that are traveling - and HUGS to you all!

NM Lady
December 25th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Merry Christmas everyone!

Wishing a very blessed day for each and everyone!

janluna
December 25th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Merry Christmas everyone. I want to thank Laura for starting this daily posting. I think we are all closer because she did that. That in itself is a Christmas gift that gives all year. You have all gotten me through a tough year. Giving your love and comforting me when I was down. That is a gift that keeps on giving. Thank you. Well, I must tell you Santa, in the form of a guy that looks an awful lot like him, gave me a gift. I was going to have to drop out of the swap due to lack of funds. But this morning I received a gift card to Joann Fabrics, that allows me to get the fabric I need to stay in the swap. I am very excited about that. My Santa has a white beard too. lol
I hope that all of your Christmas is as wonderful as mine. We get to spend the day with my Granddaughters, and our son Joe and his wife Heatherlea. It is always a good and wonderful day for that. Emily is being weaned off of her meds to see if she is in remission and so far is holding her own. That is a Christmas miracle all by itself. Thank you for your prayers for her I know that, that is the one thing holding her here so we can love her some more. Thank you.
Enjoy your day, hold your loved ones close. Trish give Odie a hug for me and tell him he will be in my prayers everyday. Paula please know that you are too. Laura if you should happen in to read today thank you for this gift of friendship that you have given to all of us. Blondie you and yours are also in my prayers. You all are.
Merry Christmas to you all, Love and hugs, Jan

janluna
December 25th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Now to the Missouri Star Quilt Company. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me the gift of friendship. You will be truly blessed for that. You have brought a group of people together who would have never known one another. Your love, and believe me we know this site is very special and it is a love you share with your family. Including all of us. Anyway, your love has made this the best site around the internet. I have looked in on other sites but none of them have what you have. Oh sure, they all have fabric and patterns, notions and other things to sell, but your site has a feeling that can be felt around the world. And that is a gift. Jenny and Mr. Doan you have raised some fantastic children. And your love of giving is more noticed than you know. Jenny the gift of teaching is a very special gift and you use it with love in your heart. Thank you. Al, the web site is fantastic, and I'm sure Sarah and Natalie have shared their heart and souls with you to make it the best there is. Thank you. Natalie and Sarah we know you are there, you are always thinking just like your Mom, of how best to take care of all of us. The customer service you provide is a gesture of love if ever there was one. No one else has ever taken the time to write a note on my shipping slip before you. Thank you. You all make us feel special, when in fact it's you who are the special ones. I know about running a business. It takes a lot of hours and hard work but you guys add the love of what you want for your customers. That is a gift. Thank you.
Have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year. Hugs, from all of us to you.
Jan :icon_hug: :icon_kiss:

middlesis1966
December 25th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Well said Jan!!! Merry Christmas to you all!:D

pdjewelrylady
December 25th, 2010, 03:47 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS
I love y'all!!

having fun piecing together little teeny tiny half square triangles this afternoon (all 1,800 of them!) and then will put togther with the beautiful christmas stars from the swap. thank you ladies!!

We had thought about going over to Daytona Beach to watch the sunrise this morning but decided to sleep late instead! :D:D I think that is the only best thing about having grown kids that are celebrating at their homes today. :icon_giggle: Making a honey ham and sweet potatoes cassarole and banana bread and a razzleberry pie with extra whip cream. never got around to cookie baking but who knows - almond cresents are fast and easy and yummy :)

craftyladysam
December 25th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Hey, all! I slept in this morn too! Bake hubby his fav cake coconut it was a hit! Merry Christmas!

sewsoft
December 25th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Hi Ladies, I have to agree with Janluna that this is the best and warmest site around with the best bunch of friends from around the world ever (believe me I have searched other sites) .
I have ordered from other sites and never have they taken the time to hand write a warm thank you as you all do with every order. Keep up the good work. That is what makes a business and keep your customers coming back. Have a good one.

middlesis1966
December 25th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Hi gals. This day has been one of the best days since Oct. I had a blast and didnt let my troubles get in the way. Had a blast with my family. It always is. I would go into some details but we can be a bit freaky for some peeps, but we mean no harm.:lol: It took my sissy inlaw many many years to finally just let my bro be himself so it was a blast. I do miss my kids being little this time. But I did get woke up this morning by a child flinging herself on me. Mind you shes not light as a feather, lol. I was the one who slept in this time. I hope everyone had a blast today!!