PDA

View Full Version : Monday Morning Hellos

Blondie
February 25th, 2013, 08:07 AM

Happy Monday Folksies

Y'all know that I am a know it all. So are you. You know you are. Especially when someone does not take your advice when they should have and it eventually comes down to "I told you so". This happens most frequently when you are married to a man who really:
a. doesn't like to take medicine
b. because he is afraid you are trying to kill him

Which gives me the honor saying,
a. you would've been better by now if you had listened to me
b. I am feeling your pain (because when men are involved they are the biggest babies and make sure you know exactly what every second of pain feels like

Luscious went to work a few minutes ago. I got the distinct impression he would be coming home in just a little bit. Which means I am making him go to the Dr. Going to try to nap before he does. I mean have you ever tried to sleep next to a coughing, snoring like a freight train - each making the bed shake like jello (because we need a new mattress and box springs) and he won't go lie in the living room on the sofa and won't let me because he is just dying and can't sleep without me next to him.

Aside from that, let me ask Sandy, Bubby and everyone else here - how did you really keep from killing the man? Oy. Vey.

SMILE. I am. Well, it may be an evil smile because I know the dr will most like poke and prod and possibly give him a big butt shot, and then another evil smile because, well, I told you so!

bkthomas
February 25th, 2013, 08:19 AM
~ Am Laughing ~ :icon_rofl:

HdWench
February 25th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Oh, we can't because.........

Wait, WHY?? lmao

Morning all! I was polite and slept on the couch because I seriously would get no sleep when that man is coughing, whooping and snorting like he is going to stop breathing at any second or choke. Got it again so it's me and the couch with the kitties snuggling :-)

Trying to catch up so know you all are in my thoughts and prayers

:-Debbie

buckeyequilter
February 25th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Good morning....

They are the biggest babies, aren't they. If my ex sneezed (once) he was in bed for a week - moaning and groaning. I let him live because I didn't like the option, if I had murdered him in his sleep. My DH is not a complainer...he will just go sleep off whatever is wrong or he will actually make a doctor appointement and haul his butt down there.

Getting ready to leave for work in a few. I have a busy day ahead of me which means I will be interupted about every 10 minutes. Today is the day I get even with everyone at work by send all their info to the federal government *haha*.

I have arthritis in my shoulder and think I overdid it this past week-end by making all those placemats so I think I will rest it tonight and just sew down the binding on some of the things I finished.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

MRoy
February 25th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Good morning! The impression that men are tough is from those who've never had a sick husband...the rest of us know better! I hope LL is feeling better soon, for Blondie's sake!

Lisapc
February 25th, 2013, 08:46 AM
When my hubby was fighting cancer he was tough. He complained very little. I was impressed. Now. When he has a cold or a headache the world must stop to serve him. I don't care because he is here to have a cold or a headache.

CountryHut
February 25th, 2013, 09:01 AM
*cleaning throat*~ . . mememememememe *singing*~

It's raining, It's pouring,
the old man is snoring,
He went to bed and bumped his head
And couldn't get up in the morning.

everyone have a great day :)

Granny Judy
February 25th, 2013, 09:31 AM
It's the nature of the "beast", blondie. Can't think of any other reason they regress when they get sick...otherwise they are our Knights in Shinning Armor (or think they are)....... As MY Grammy used to say, Men are just little boys in Long Pants.

To early for me to get my head wrapped around this day for now. Maybe after another cuppa, I'll be able to figure out a game plan.

Please send prayer this way to my neighbor on the North side... They just lost their Son of 23 years in a work related accident. He was their last and and only son. Investigations still continue as to the cause , but the family is devistated..(sp).

MayinJerset
February 25th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Bright and sunshinny out today and hope the week stays that way. I need to get out of the house more and enjoy the nice weather while it's here. DH finally switched to the cold pills and cough syrup I was taking and he's feeling much better especially since the pills made him sleep. He usually buys cheap cold pills that he expects will cure him but they don't even relieve his symptoms.
Now isn't the time to say I Told You So but those unspoken words are hanging in the air.

Bubby
February 25th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Good Morning,

This is one thing most men have in common. Mine is such a baby and really carries on whenever he has to go to the doctor. Now he sleeps on a CPAP machine, so I get some regular sleep - at least it's better than before the machine. I've resigned myself to the fact that I never get any real sleep unless DH is gone hunting.

I've been sick with something bronchial for a week...it takes that long to get in to see a doctor around here. I have an appointment this afternoon, but this morning I feel a little better, so I may cancel. I always say that around here you will get well on your own or die before getting in to see a doctor.

I'll check back in later....Hugs to everyone (cyber hugs carry no germs!)....Barb

Wwena
February 25th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Blondie you crack me up! I'm actually home with a sick hubby too (stomach bug and since I'm not working at a client's at the moment, I had the kids stay home so they don't pass it on to the whole kindergarten, should they have it too). He is happiest when left alone though so my job is simply (?!?) to keep the kids occupied enough that they don't wake him up. I thought it so sweet that your DH can't sleep if you're not next to him. :)

GrammaBabs
February 25th, 2013, 10:39 AM

Nope... i've got the "Leave me alone"guy.... he's such a know it all....but i've learned to just say... Whatever,,, of course,,,, if it's ME... that just looks crosseyed.... it's "What's wrong, What's the matter... you'd better go to the... I guess we are both a couple of "Marters"..LOL
This all being said.... i HATE all this snow,,, getting very depressed staying in,,, but this am i just had to snap a couple of pic... for those that think SNOW can be pretty... it so IS!!!!! Just a bit dibilitating...:)

CrazyMtnLady
February 25th, 2013, 10:49 AM
LOL....that is so funny. I am laughing because my Darling Hubby (snicker snicker) is lying here in bed beside me coughing, hacking and with a breathe right strip across his nose! We went to the gun show yesterday then got a few groceries and by the time we got home he was a mess! And such a baby! He is like that with everything though.

I hope to get some sewing done today but I think if DH is up to it we have to get some wood cut. And tomorrow we have to go to town. I want to get my tote bag finished though and I need to get some quilting done. I so need some ME time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Hugs and prayers to all.

meemeecyn
February 25th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Good morning, Ladies. I hear your frustration, Blondie! You're right.....It sounds like it is time for time for hubby to get checked out. Have the doc listen to his lungs, etc.

Barb (from MA.) is right...more snow! I must admit, though....it is pretty.

Barb(from MO.) hope you feel better soon! You're too good a lady to be sick!!

Hope all the rest of my quilting friends have a good day. If you are feeling under the weather or dealing with other complications of life, thoughts and prayers are with you.

As Blondie's attachment says.....today is a day of creation! Sink is now cleaned out so it is off to the sewing machine. (to heck with any other 'chores'!) Later today I'll be taking oldest DGD to her dance lesson so Mommy won't have to haul both girls out in this yucky weather while pregnant.

Cynthia

EnumclawGramma
February 25th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Good Morning!
Ugh! Sick husbands. Gotta love 'em! My own DH lives in complete denial of any bug getting him because he believes that helps. When it finally lays him out....all he wants is "egg in a cup". That's what his Mom used to make him when he was sick, and I've been duplicating that process for 38 years. That's a little boy recipe for a poached egg served in a coffee mug with butter and salt and pepper and apparently it's a miracle cure for whatever ails you!

I made Jenny's zig zag table runner yesterday and now my DH believes I can do anything! He thinks it's magic and can't for the life of him figure out how I got it into that cool shape! LOL. I aint sayin.

I also whipped together what I think is my cutest mug rug yet for my daughter. She had a horrendous day yesterday at work and I thought she could really use a smile. She did, and it worked.

Today is Monday chores. Vacuum, dust, laundry, etc etc etc but I'm hoping to squeeze time in for sewing. If I start soon I can make it happen!

Have a good day everyone! Hugs and prayers to all who want/need!

buckeyequilter
February 25th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Please send prayer this way to my neighbor on the North side... They just lost their Son of 23 years in a work related accident. He was their last and and only son. Investigations still continue as to the cause , but the family is devistated..(sp).

I can't even imagine the pain they must be feeling. My condolenses to the family and prayers being said.

middlesis1966
February 25th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Good Morning all! Lol at Blondie! This was my man this very way last month!
It's been a roller coaster ride around here lately and I'm ready to get off of this ride. I sure hope that this week will go better then last week. I have faith that it will. Thankful things have calmed down a bit.
I've found some cute Easter projects that I'd like to try, so I'm hoping that I can give it a go today. They look super cute and easy to do. I don't have a pattern to use, but they are just and egg shape, so it can't be that hard to do.
Have a great day all!

lilmouse
February 25th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Morning all, not allot new going on here...Steve is pretty good when he is sick but does like to be waited on...and since he is rarely home I oblige him. He tends to sleep allot when he doesn't feel good which is fine with me.....that's my computer time and/or sewing time. I have been having problems with my cable so if I am off and on that is why. We have been fighting with this for weeks now and it is getting old...just when almost 24 hours with no computer....yuck! Sorry to hear about your neighbors...that has to be hard to handle...no parent should have to bury a child and I know it happens everyday! But it is still a tough road. My prayers for them.
I am so ready for spring and milder weather and we are under another storm watch! Will it end? Will spring ever come! Have lots of time today before work and am sitting here enjoying reading the posts and my cup of coffee!
Everyone have a great day...hugs and prayers for those that need them,....and hugs for everyone whether you need it or not!

Lonna
February 25th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Good Morning All,

Sorry to hear about all the sick DH's. I know Wayne has been a really trooper with his cancer about the only thing he complains about is all the pills he has to take. Although don't get me wrong there are some days that he is a really bear to live with. I know when ever I get up to go and sleep on the couch he get really upset says I sould be the one in the bed since I have to work and he will then go into the living room. He spends a about 4 hours every night in the living room so I can sleep.
Have a great day all! Prayers going out to those who need them.

shannonsaulter
February 25th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Lol gotta love big rough n toughen they are the biggest
Babies..lol
It's my Friday..WooHoo!!!
Hope everyone has a great day
(((Hugs)))

Cathy F
February 25th, 2013, 01:51 PM
I can't really say anything cause I just got out of the hospital yesterday, I tried to fight it but in the end hubby dragged me to the emergency room. I held off as long as possible, but I'm glad he finally made me go cause I'm starting to feel much better and I was pretty dehydrated.

Renate
February 25th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Sorry for you dear Blondie,
I know what it means to sleep next to a sick snorring guy ... in this case (and my DH also cannot fall asleep without me), I am waiting until I hear this earkilling snorring and than I take my pillow and my blanket and go to the guest- or the living room and have a great quiet night :-). As I am always waking up very early I go back to bed, hug this tree-killing snorrer and tell him how much I love him ;-)

Sandy Navas
February 25th, 2013, 02:35 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxMZTtb-xCgijXEckXxX8pSWh7bAt4vy_uUu1HKon8w308DhKzBA

Blondie
February 25th, 2013, 03:48 PM

Poor Luscious just came home from the Dr's. Poor Baby got a shot in his hiney. Poor baby got a prescription for some cough perles. Poor baby was foolish enough to tell the Dr what I was telling him all weekend. Poor baby was told he had a smart wife. Poor baby.

Poor wifey has to make him more homemade chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese since he thinks he can handle that. Then smart wifey is going down stairs to try to sew.

For all those who think I am cold and heartless, no I am not. I really do feel his misery and do not like him to feel this way. And Renate, I had to giggle whenever he says he can't sleep when I am not in the bed with him - I can hear him through two closed doors across the house - SNORING - and when I tell him that he says, Baby, I ain't snoring, that's just breathing heavy. HAHAHAHAHAHA. yeah.

Glad he went to the dr. He was told that it is a viral thing and that anti-s are not effective. The shot was a steroid to dry him up a bit and he PROMISES to do what I say in the future. Where is a video recorder for these confessions for future reminders?

Gotta love the fella. The only one wanting to snuggle up with him is Gracie.

Now if I come down with anything close to this I there will be heckfire shoot to pay. But then, I do believe in gargling with warm salt water even if it is gaggable. I do believe in zinc losanges and/or zicam in the mouth and lots of extra C. So there, Mr. Luscious. Next time . . .

aliaslaceygreen
February 25th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Good late afternoon... I am not even touching this sick DH convo since I have had a snuffly 18 month old rubbing her nose and wet slimey fingers all over every surface she can reach... When she leaves, I am going to look into a Bleach/ Lysol FOGGER... Everything that Laylabug has touched needs to be disinfected... She is especially endearing when her nose starts to run and she hugs me around the legs so she can wipe her nose..... yeah....

Glad to see that Luscious will live, however~....
Take care, all!

K. McEuen
February 25th, 2013, 06:29 PM
It's a wonder we didn't all wake up with colds this morning. Sometime during the night, in all these high winds we've been having, the pilot light on our boiler blew out. Which means NO HEAT! That is the first time in the 12 or 13 years we've been in this house that has happened. The wind must have been extra strong after we went to bed. It's not up and running again, pumping hot water through the pipes and trying to heat the house back up. It should be back to normal in a couple hours.

Sick hubbies. I remember once when mine was feeling under the weather and letting everyone know about it, he made the statement "You are not my mother, stop treating me like you are." I replied "I'll stop treating you that way when you stop acting like a spoiled little kid. Take your medicine and stop your dam* whining, I'm sick of hearing about it." He pretty much gave up the moaning and groaning after that because it didn't do any good.

debinmalaga
February 25th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Gosh, good thing he "dragged" you, isn't it? Glad you're home - I had to spend a couple of days in the hospital for bronchitis a few years ago, and boy did that ever BITE :-). Hope you're 100% in no time.

I can't really say anything cause I just got out of the hospital yesterday, I tried to fight it but in the end hubby dragged me to the emergency room. I held off as long as possible, but I'm glad he finally made me go cause I'm starting to feel much better and I was pretty dehydrated.

Monique
February 25th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Sick hubbies calling "Mommy". Been there, done that. Hubby will sleep on the couch if he thinks anything will wake me up. Gotta love our MEN!!

I got called in to work at the last minute this morning.