PDA

View Full Version : It's true about rabbits!

Divine Daisy
February 22nd, 2013, 02:06 PM
I have not been around too much as I have been making rabbits for the Easter shop window............. and do you know.......its true. Once you have 2 rabbits before you know it you have a lot more! I currently have 6 of the white rabbit I put in show and tell, all the paws, feet and ears having a different colour to the last and an easter egg to match. Each face is slightly different and the position of the ears too. I have now moved onto a differnt pattern. She is smaller and cuddlier with a fancy easter bonnet. I think I will just make a couple of her and then I have a hare to do and I am done with the small fry. After that I can put the toy making stuff away and do two small quilts in spring colours both of which have rabbits on them.

This weekend I have roped in my small friend Amy (aged 9 and a bit) who is going to help me make a paper mache tree trunk. This will stand on the left of the window with a HUGE white rabbit (about 4ft tall) leaning against it. He will be called Harvey (for obvious reasons lol) and He will be reading a manual of some kind. Any suggestions? I thought maybe ' Egg hunts for dummies / bunnies' or 'How to knit a human'? Ideas would be most welcome.

Finally there will be a tree branch......must go to the wood and find one...... off which I will hang the fabric eggs I have been sewing every evening lol. Mr D is seeing rabbits in his sleep apparently and is looking forward to the window being finished!

So please ladies, suggestions for the name of the manual/newspaper/pattern/whatever Harvey should be reading. My creative brain is siezed from being over stuffed with rabbits.............

HELP!

Renate
February 22nd, 2013, 02:15 PM
Hi dear,

he can read a book "The Patchwork Family" ... it could be funny from the meaning

Swedish leo
February 22nd, 2013, 02:52 PM
Good to see you! I know about the rabbit and multiplaying. I got a rabbit for my 15 years birthday and pretty soon i had a bunny farm and was selling rabbits to all the kids in the neighborhod.

I think Harveyt should be readint a manual for "How to quilt a carotquilt! Or how to quilt a easterbasket.

Have a nice day/evening!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 22nd, 2013, 03:04 PM
I love it! Why can't I come to see it in person? Your ideas are so amazing and the descriptions paint a vivid picture in my mind, it's almost like I am there looking at it in person.
I have a friend whose son lives in London--is the shop in London or out in the countryside? I will direct him to take his 2 year old daughter to see the bunnies! One of our local theatre groups is doing Harvey in March- how timely!

ilive2craft2
February 22nd, 2013, 03:07 PM
I really want to see a picture of the finished window - you are so creative! :) Lisa

shannonsaulter
February 22nd, 2013, 03:32 PM
So exciting cant wait to see the pics! Love Renate's story name

K. McEuen
February 22nd, 2013, 03:36 PM
Dr. Spock's book of baby names

auntiemern
February 22nd, 2013, 03:38 PM
Can't wait to see pics of the window when it is finished. How about "Hiding Eggs for Dummies" ?

Lisapc
February 22nd, 2013, 04:07 PM
I like Renates story name suggestion. I too am waiting to see a picture of this window when it is done.

rebeccas-sewing
February 22nd, 2013, 04:38 PM
I certainly hope you plan to share some pictures of this fantastic window decorated with your handiwork!

Hulamoon
February 22nd, 2013, 04:44 PM
How about

The Velveteen Rabbit
http://digital.library.upenn.edu/women/williams/rabbit/rabbit.html

Can't wait to see it!

Sandy Navas
February 22nd, 2013, 04:51 PM
How about: "There's a Hare in My Soup" by Jessica Rabbit?

Karen beat me to the Dr. Spock!

Hulamoon
February 22nd, 2013, 05:03 PM
'How to excape from a magician'

Cathy F
February 22nd, 2013, 05:05 PM
How to Multiply your investments!

Musical_Starling
February 23rd, 2013, 02:43 AM
I love Karen's idea about the baby names book, or The Velveteen Rabbit. I was going to suggest something like a health manual entitled "contraception and you" because, well... You know how bunnies are... :icon_giggle: Although if a lot of people bring their kids to the store and they start asking what contraception is you may be in trouble lol

bkthomas
February 23rd, 2013, 03:20 AM
Look forward to seeing this window Daisy - I'm thinking it will be Simply Divine!

Lissau
February 23rd, 2013, 06:44 AM
Reproduction 101