PDA

View Full Version : Doing the Happy and Snow Dance

RachelMichelle
February 21st, 2013, 01:48 AM
Woo Hoo, I work at a local school's after school program and my dad got the call about an hour ago that my brother doesn't have school so no work for me! Night class for tomorrow has been cancelled since the first day for us to work on a project, so now I'm doing the snow dance so my morning classes get cancelled also. I don't know if I will go to class if they are still being held, depends on how much ice we get, we are supposed to get 1/4" of ice but it hasn't even started yet. I live out of town so nothing gets put on the roads and they don't get scraped. Its kind of funny though, a friend of mine took a picture of the bread aisle at Wal-Mart and it looked worse than it did 2 years ago when the whole town shut down for a few day's due to 8-12" of snow, that storm was dubbed "Snow-pocalypse."

Lisapc
February 21st, 2013, 02:11 AM
I hope your snow dance works!

We had a big snow storm a week or so ago and all the stores were out of everything. I thought it was kind of pathetic because we live in New England. Why do people go so crazy buying food and milk that goes bad when you are bound to lose power in a big storm. We have a generator so we don't have that problem but we are one of the few that do have a generator.

Right now they are predicting 8-12 inches this coming Saturday night. My son is on school vacation this week and my hubby took the week off to be with us. I would prefer the storm came Sunday night so that we can have an extra day together. I will go grocery shopping Friday as usual though.

My daughter's due date is today, 2-21 so I hope she has the baby before the storm hits. I just want to meet the new baby.

kensington
February 21st, 2013, 02:19 AM
The reports say it's going to be a BIG storm. Plan on about 12 inches. And please have fun with it!

1 gallon snow
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups milk

Mix snow, sugar, and vanilla together, add milk to desired consistancy. Enjoy.

kensington
February 21st, 2013, 02:23 AM
Or... Have a snow cone!

2 cups white sugar
1 cup water
1 (0.13 ounce) package unsweetened, fruit-flavored soft drink mix (Kool-Aid)

Directions
In a saucepan, stir together the sugar and water. Bring to a boil, and boil for about 1 minute.
Remove from heat, and stir in the drink mix. Allow to cool, and store in a container for pouring.
Pour over shaved ice or snow to flavor

MayinJerset
February 21st, 2013, 10:43 AM
So the strom is supposed to be in MA by Saturday. Better alert DS#3 as his kids are with im in CA for their Winter Break and they were supposed to fly back on Saturday. Maybe they can fly back mid week instead.

dwil23
February 21st, 2013, 10:49 AM
Yay! Have fun and stay safe!

calicokat
February 21st, 2013, 10:58 AM
I'm jealous! We're only getting a little of this storm here, should start tonight and go to tomorrow. I might finish the bulletin here at work, just in case it's yucky, then I can take a snow day and stay home and quilt all day!

buckeyequilter
February 21st, 2013, 11:09 AM
I'm jealous! We're only getting a little of this storm here, should start tonight and go to tomorrow. I might finish the bulletin here at work, just in case it's yucky, then I can take a snow day and stay home and quilt all day!

We're not supposed to get much of anything here....but my work is caught up - just in case :) The weather people have been wrong once or twice before.

RachelMichelle
February 21st, 2013, 12:50 PM
Well I don't know how much of anything we actually got, I woke up at 3 and there was nothing on the ground, woke up at 5 and could hear the wind and ice hitting my window, it is lightly snowing now, I haven't been outside yet but I will be careful going down the steps, they always seem to get it the worst. My boyfriend texted me around 6 and said no school for us :) Yay! Hopefully today can be a quilting all day kind of day :)

Lisapc
February 21st, 2013, 12:57 PM
I am so glad your snow dance worked. Enjoy your day!