PDA

View Full Version : Totally Tuesday

janluna
December 21st, 2010, 10:16 AM
Hope everyone is almost done shopping and running around like a crazy person. Love to everyone and merry almost Christmas. Always, Jan L :icon_kiss: :icon_hug:

Blondie
December 21st, 2010, 12:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/christmas%20sigs/Xmas2jpg.jpg

Good Morning

Couldn't resist this picture - makes me feel like a kid again, lol.

Mom is doing well; she is a strong woman and handles herself with much dignity. And yes, Jan, she was in the hospital - diverticulitus. She was released from the hospital the morning of Daddy's passing.

I got some laundry done yesterday; more needed to finish up this morning. I went downstairs to play with my Dinah kitty - she was so happy to have me all to herself while I made a nice fire in the woodstove. I started looking through my black and white fabric for the dresden blocks - still waiting on the Christmas Stars to arrive here in NC.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

toggpine
December 21st, 2010, 12:57 PM
Good Morning everybody!
Today is "cram it all in" day. We are trying to cram everything we normally have scheduled throughout the week into today. And my step-son is without his car for some unknown mechanical reason. So, it sounds as if my day just got tweaked a bit more to accommodate getting him to work. He is in a pile of trouble with his parents at the moment. He flunked his first quarter of college and sounds like he messed up his financial aid because of it. Then irked his mother so bad that she kicked him out. At which point, she called me. I wish I could say that she was being irrational, but I can't. Thankfully, he has never sassed me the way he does her. I have no idea what we are going to do with him. It is like his common sense moved and didn't leave a forwarding address.

Blondie, I am glad to see you back. We missed you!
Jan, I wish I was done with the Christmas Crazy, but I see a few late nights in my future.

I had better get to it, or I'll be even further behind. :icon_crazy:
Have a good day everybody! Merry almost Christmas!
Cathy

janluna
December 21st, 2010, 01:46 PM
Cathy, my sons and daughter went nuts the first semester of college. I think all the freshmen do. It's their first time away from the parents, and home and authority. They just loose it. But everyone calmed down after that and didn't think of it as a party with no curfew and no one telling them what to do. They straightened up and got serious. Hopefully that's all he was doing, being a fledging. Have Dad have a talk with him and lay down the ground rules. We took their cars away, refused them insurance on their cars, gave them a curfew at home and made their lives miserable. They couldn't wait to go back and get good grades. We made them do all the household jobs, work at Walmart through
Christmas and made them keep their money for books and let them know what life was going to be like without their degrees. Who wants to work at Walmart and have their money all spent before they earned it. We told them this is your life with just a high school education. It worked. They got their grades up, got their cars back, their insurance, and food to take back with them. They were changed young adults all of a sudden. It might work. Just an experience we went through. Thought I'd share.
Hugs, Jan

janluna
December 21st, 2010, 01:54 PM
Blondie, give my regards to your Mom and my sympathy. That must have been tough on all of you. Diverticulitis is a nasty disease. All my Aunts and my Mom suffered with that. Getting on a diet to keep themselves ok was tough but they finally got it together and did very well after that. I'm so sorry she lost your Dad and went through that too. She is also in our prayers everyday. Love to you all, Jan L

toggpine
December 22nd, 2010, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the advice Jan!
Sadly he lives at home, has a part time job, a girlfriend, and this is still how he functions. My husband and I just had a long talk about urging him to join the Coast Guard. He reeeeally wants to work in Alaska as a Fish & Game Officer/Warden. Not looking so good, as he failed Law Enforcement 101. He can work in AK with the CG and he is a great team member. Not so good on getting stuff done on his own.
We'll see.
Cathy