PDA

View Full Version : Update on Douwe, for Sandy the picture again.......

Klasien
February 20th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Two weeks ago I posted a picture of my brothers and sisters an myself.....

I gave a brief update on Douwe and I think Sandy missed out on that one, so here another update!

He is doing GREAT!!!!

He is working so hard, and he is doing better every day now. He goes swimming 2 a week, walks every day, goes to the gym 3 times a week and he get stronger and stronger.......

He had a little setback but got back on track, he takes tons of medication and he can't stop with any for now, but time will go on and there will be less medication in his future.
He is using his quilt every day!!! His girls are stealing it all the time, but he finds it and takes a nap every afternoon and in the evening while watching tv it is always by his side!
We had a party at his house couple of weeks ago, I could not go, but my parents went, they told me he had put his quilt on top of a cabinet, because he did not every one to touch it, he just loves it. He is reading the lttle messages on the blocks over and over again, when I told him I was going to stay at Jean her house next fall, he knew what she wrote on her block.........very special!
He asked me again to thank all of you for your prayers and all the good thouhts! He has the feeling he knows you all!!!
In his last check up a week ago his blood was without cancer cells, and he is working very hard to keep it that way, he is not complety well yet, long way ahead of him, but I am so proud he made it this far, and very thankful and humble for all the help from my friends here at the forum!!!

And here special for Sandy the picture I posted 2 weeks ago, Douwe is on the left, and looking: GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

New York Sue
February 20th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Klasien, he look GREAT!
What a lovely picture!

quilter.martha
February 20th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Oh Klaisen, this is such good news! I, too, missed your update on Douwe. God is good!!!

bakermom
February 20th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Lovely family! thanks for sharing.

auntiemern
February 20th, 2013, 03:37 PM
So glad to hear another update. What a wonderfully happy looking family :)

Monique
February 20th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Thank you so much, I too missed the post. That is just absolutely wonderful news.

Swedish leo
February 20th, 2013, 04:00 PM
I am so happy for you!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 20th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Such a gret bit of news!

EsGrandma
February 20th, 2013, 04:06 PM
So very happy for you, Douwe and all of your family! Will continue to keep you all in my prayers.

cyndiofthevortex
February 20th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Great picture and what happy news!

EnumclawGramma
February 20th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Oh Klasien! This is my favorite kind of post! I'm so happy for Douwe and your entire family! He is a fighter and you should be proud! LOVE the picture!

shannonsaulter
February 20th, 2013, 05:31 PM
TYhats great news and love the pic!

SallyO'Sews
February 20th, 2013, 06:46 PM
What a beautiful picture! And what great news! So glad for all of you.

nanaleslie
February 20th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Your brother looks terrific. What a lovely family picture. Thanks for sharing.

janluna
February 20th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Klasien, Douwe looks WONDERFUL!!!!!! I am so happy for him and all of the family. Love the photo! We are still praying for him to make a complete recovery. I can't wait to show this photo to my Joe. We pray together for everyone on this forum. This photo will mean a lot to him.
Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

HdWench
February 20th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Klasien, this is wonderful news. I am glad you posted this again I never saw the first one. God is not ready for him, there must be something in his life to continue until his time. He looks so happy with all your family, I'm sorry you missed being part of it

:-Debbie

GrammaBabs
February 20th, 2013, 08:22 PM
and you can tell him he is still in my daily thoughts... so good to have positive news and happy thoughts...hugs B

Musical_Starling
February 20th, 2013, 08:56 PM
I love news that puts a smile on my face :) Thanks for the update! So happy to read that he's doing so well.

Sandy Navas
February 20th, 2013, 09:40 PM
What a wonderful change. Thanks so much, Klasien. I keep him in my prayers and he's in my thoughts daily. I can't believe how much improved he is. Prayer is good.

Blondie
February 20th, 2013, 09:48 PM
What a glorious picture of a totally gorgeous set of happy smiling faces. Big hugs and lots of smoochies for each of you.
Answered prayers are always sweet.

Two weeks ago I posted a picture of my brothers and sisters an myself.....

I gave a brief update on Douwe and I think Sandy missed out on that one, so here another update!

He is doing GREAT!!!!

He is working so hard, and he is doing better every day now. He goes swimming 2 a week, walks every day, goes to the gym 3 times a week and he get stronger and stronger.......

He had a little setback but got back on track, he takes tons of medication and he can't stop with any for now, but time will go on and there will be less medication in his future.
He is using his quilt every day!!! His girls are stealing it all the time, but he finds it and takes a nap every afternoon and in the evening while watching tv it is always by his side!
We had a party at his house couple of weeks ago, I could not go, but my parents went, they told me he had put his quilt on top of a cabinet, because he did not every one to touch it, he just loves it. He is reading the lttle messages on the blocks over and over again, when I told him I was going to stay at Jean her house next fall, he knew what she wrote on her block.........very special!
He asked me again to thank all of you for your prayers and all the good thouhts! He has the feeling he knows you all!!!
In his last check up a week ago his blood was without cancer cells, and he is working very hard to keep it that way, he is not complety well yet, long way ahead of him, but I am so proud he made it this far, and very thankful and humble for all the help from my friends here at the forum!!!

And here special for Sandy the picture I posted 2 weeks ago, Douwe is on the left, and looking: GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

MRoy
February 20th, 2013, 10:20 PM
It's great to see Douwe looking so well and all of you so happy!

Klasien
February 21st, 2013, 05:44 AM
Thanks ladies, again I will copy all the wishes, I always do and sent the forom comments in a email to Douwe.

I am not sure if I was clear, I did not miss on this picture, I am the one with the yellow kind of top.......in the middle!

Thanks so much everybody!!!!!

((((MSQC)))))

rebeccas-sewing
February 21st, 2013, 06:14 AM
Hi Klasien, So glad to hear how well Douwe is doing. I love the picture. Thanks for the update!