PDA

View Full Version : I'm a foster grammie again!

cyndiofthevortex
February 20th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Dear friends,

DD just welcomed into her home baby Rachel as a child to foster parent. She is 11 months old but the size of a 4 or 5 month old due to abuse and neglect. She is very delayed for her age. She has bruises on her face and the back of her head is very flat due to being kept in a car seat for much of the time. But she is the sweetest little child! She smiles and laughs and can't get enough attention from us. She is just soaking up our love. She may stay a week or a lifetime, we never know with foster parenting. We love her already with all our hearts.

Please remember Rachel (and all of us here) in the days ahead with your prayers, thoughts and good wishes. She is a precious child made by God to be loved and cherished. Pray that her life from now on will be filled with nothing but goodness.

alliek
February 20th, 2013, 03:28 PM
God plucked her out of her bad situation and gave her into Love. Amazing how these babies can smile and laugh after what must be so painful and confusing a life. You and DD and the family are so blessed to be able to love her and care for her, no matter how short or long a time you have with her, she will be blessed also.

auntiemern
February 20th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Such a sad story. This one really hit's home with me. May God bless her, and forever keep her safe from harm. I am sure she will thrive now, being a part of such a loving and caring family.

Kaytessa
February 20th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Praying for all of you and may the love she is now given stay with her always and may her future be bright because of this love.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 20th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Little Rachel's welcome home quilt is wending its way to Massachuscetts. Hope it doesn't take too long to get there. Welcome, sweet little girl! Sometimes, you wonder about parents who don't realize what a gift they've been given. They should take care of this precious bundle.

cyndiofthevortex
February 20th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Little Rachel's welcome home quilt is wending its way to Massachuscetts. Hope it doesn't take too long to get there. Welcome, sweet little girl! Sometimes, you wonder about parents who don't realize what a gift they've been given. They should take care of this precious bundle.I hope you sent it to New Hampshire, Jean! I'm sure you did. Yes, Rachel is here and your quilt will wrap her in love. Thanks, Jean!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 20th, 2013, 04:00 PM
I hope you sent it to New Hampshire, Jean! I'm sure you did. Yes, Rachel is here and your quilt will wrap her in love. Thanks, Jean!
Oh yes, and I was sweating out spelling MA! It went to NH!

EnumclawGramma
February 20th, 2013, 04:23 PM
This baby is blessed indeed! It always breaks my heart because I believe all children come into this world with the same "expectations"....love, nurturing, care, bonding. When you see little ones who, through no fault of their own enter into an abusive life from birth...it's impossible to grasp. It's just not fair. You know? Thankfully there are people like you to fill in the gap! Prayers for you all and this sweet little one!

Klasien
February 20th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Reading this breaks my heart.

I am so glad she is at a warm and loving home now, I will keep her and your whole family in my thoughts and sending a lot of love upir way, please give her a sweet little hug from all of us!!!!!!!!

((((((Rachel)))))))

bkthomas
February 20th, 2013, 04:37 PM
happy for you Cyndi, God Bless!

Tanya D
February 20th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Bless you Cyndi and your family for being a foster family. I think it's a wonderful thing to do...and likely very difficult. You get this little one who has been thru so much and you love them like they've never been loved before and so often you have to let them go.

I know you will love this little girl like she is your own and she will benefit far more then you will ever know.

Poor little miss...how do people live with themselves after treating a baby like that?

lilmouse
February 20th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Sending up prayers for you and her new family as well as for her...I am sure she will catch up under your TLC! I hope you have her long enough to make a real impact on her life!

madampolo
February 20th, 2013, 05:17 PM
What a blessing to have such a caring daughter. My grandson, who was not abused, had a flat back of his head from being placed on his back a lot of the time. She did put him on his side, too. Mothers are told not to put them on their stomach, but my kids lived by being placed like that. When it was realized what was happening, she changed his position up even more and it went back to a normal shape.

Bailey65
February 20th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Oh, Cyndi that's wonderful news! You sound so excited. I will be sure to keep her and your family on my prayers.

pcbatiks
February 20th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Happy to hear Rachel is getting all that love and attention that she needs. Wishing all of you the very best.

janluna
February 20th, 2013, 08:00 PM
That poor baby! God knew where to send her though. Your family will love her through any problems she may have. God bless all of you for your loving and giving spirit. Joe and I continue to pray for your DD and her path in life. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, for all of you, Jan & Joe L.

Musical_Starling
February 20th, 2013, 08:53 PM
It breaks my heart to hear of children and animals being abused. It's bad enough to treat an adult that way, but when it's a defenseless child... Well, that takes a certain kind of despicable... I truly hope that Rachel's life is sunshine and lollipops from here on out because she certainly deserves it :)

I love the name Rachel, it's actually a popular name in my Dad's family. My great, great, great aunt was named Rachel and I have three cousins all named after her as well, plus more that I don't know of I'm sure. The older folks around here pronounce it like "Ratchel".

Sandy Navas
February 20th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Such a heart-breaking story. It takes such wonderful people to help in cases of need. May Rachel grow to be a member of your family - I sure hope and pray for her healing and well-being.

Bubby
February 20th, 2013, 09:47 PM
She couldn't be in a better place...bless you for opening your home and hearts to her. Hugs, Barb

SallyO'Sews
February 21st, 2013, 01:09 AM
Cyndi, I'm sure you are already aware of this, but I truly believe that God will remember your family's labor of love with these precious souls He has entrusted to your care. May you be richly blessed and strengthened with God's grace.

GuitarGramma
February 21st, 2013, 01:21 AM
Cyndi, I'm sure you are already aware of this, but I truly believe that God will remember your family's labor of love with these precious souls He has entrusted to your care. May you be richly blessed and strengthened with God's grace.

Ditto on this.

Thank God for people like your daughter who will reach out to help poor little dears like Rachel. BTW I love that name -- same as my wonderful Grandmother and a beloved niece.

HandsOffItsMine
February 21st, 2013, 01:28 AM
My heart breaks when I read story like that about children. Now I know that Rachel will be safe and loved with Bethany and her family. The prayers from everyone here, you, your church and your community will heal her wounds of that Don and I am sure.

Huggers, Ruby and Don

dwil23
February 21st, 2013, 02:36 PM
You've got my prayers. As a foster mom to many, many dogs over the last few years, it always amazes me with the dogs that the ones that are the most abused are the most loving. And, I am certainly not comparing this precious baby to a dog, so please don't anyone be offended. Just an observation I have made about dogs.

God Bless you all, Cyndi

Monique
February 21st, 2013, 07:08 PM
Ok this just makes my blood boil and that's all I have to say about that. Little Rachel is so lucky to have you all in her short life at the moment. I know she will get the love that she DESERVES with you. Give her lots of hugs and kisses from this gramma too.