PDA

View Full Version : How many time you eat?

Revend
February 20th, 2013, 05:05 AM
We all know that food is important for us and we eat for living but how much you people eat and how many times. I eat 3 times only in a day and you? Come and discuss about your eating schedule.

Jann
February 20th, 2013, 06:54 AM
I eat three times a day; breakfast, light lunch and main meal in the evening. If I am hungry in between I snack on fruit. I try not to eat chocolate as once I start I find it difficult to stop!

Jan :icon_bigsmile:

Bubby
February 20th, 2013, 08:05 AM
I have diabetes that I control with diet and exercise. I do not eat large meals. I never skip breakfast and I have small snacks all day and before I go to bed. I have been able to manage my condition for the last 5 years eating this way. I feed Miss Molly (our Scotty dog) the same way I eat and she has had a major improvement in her diabetes also.

rebeccas-sewing
February 20th, 2013, 08:32 AM
I always eat three meals a day. I have a snack in the afternoon. It's too difficult for me to go from noon to 6 or 6:30 without one. I will usually have fruit or yogurt or a small power bar. I found some great bars that are only 3 weight watchers point. Unfortunately, I don't tolerate dried fruit very well. I won't be able to eat those anymore considering how many times I was up in the night running to the lieu. A half-cup of fat-free yogurt and a cup of tea or decaf coffee (officially off caffeine - don't even miss it) will usually get me through 'til dinner.

If I don't have a snack mid-afternoon I tend to overeat at dinnertime. I read that it's healthier to eat smaller meals throughout the day. Supposedly it is better for stabilizing blood-sugar levels rather than highs and lows which aren't supposed to be very healthy. Don't know if it's true but I know I feel better if I don't let my blood-sugar drop too low. My mom had type-2 diabetes. My sis and I are trying to avoid that happening to us.

I love, love, love sweets! So does Joe. However, he's a runner and he burns off everything he eats. I get him to put the sweets waaaaay up high where I can't reach. Out of sight, out of mind. He has such self-discipline. He can eat one piece of fudge or one cookie. I get my hands on that stuff and one is never enough for me. Best to just stay away from it. Once in a while I'll break down and have a sweet treat and then he'll hand me one.

I don't snack in the evening except for occasionally having popcorn. We make it ourselves in the microwave rather than buying the pre-packaged kind. We buy the big bags of kernels. Put a tablespoon of oil in the bottom of the popcorn bowl, add some salt and a 1/3 cup of kernels. Microwave for three minutes. Add more salt and enjoy!

Shirley
February 20th, 2013, 10:18 AM
I eat 3 times a day. I have some kind of a snack, usually popcorn or fruit in the afternoon. I have stopped eating chips because I love them! We don't eat dinner till late so that snack really helps. I want to make some of that popcorn Rebecca was talking about but I'm wondering what she covers the bowl with to keep the popcorn from popping all over :)