PDA

View Full Version : Surgery update

Monique
February 20th, 2013, 04:24 AM
All went well. I was supposed to go in for 9am. Surgery did not take place until 1:15 pm. It is so wonderful when you know the nurses, it makes the day go faster. And they were so wonderful to me. It was only a D&C but man the cramps at first were wicked. Demerol. Throat is sore from the tube. I was back home by 5pm. Hubby made supper and then I slept. I was drugged out. I am taking the rest of the week off and just resting. No heavy lifting for a week. Only quilting lol. Only very mild cramping now, which I can live with. I may try and go back to bed for a while.

Thanks for all your prayers. I really appreciate it.

Renate
February 20th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Dear Monique,
I wish you a calm week for resting. Take your time, do what enjoayes you and have many regards

mamaquilt
February 20th, 2013, 05:46 AM
take your time and rest. I wish you a quick recovery.

greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Musical_Starling
February 20th, 2013, 05:52 AM
The only time I've had surgery (so far) was when I had my wisdom teeth removed August 2011 and worse than not being able to eat solid food was the all over muscle cramps from the anaesthetic they used. Whatever the drug was (I forget the name) it causes all of your muscles to contract very forcefully while you're asleep and I woke up in the post-op room feeling great, got home and crawled in bed still feeling no pain and had a nap and when I woke up I thought I was paralyzed! I was a good week and still couldn't barely get around, the doc explained to me that it stresses out your muscles just like if you had run a marathon after not exercising for years. Yep, that's kinda what it felt like lol

So I certainly hope you're not talking about THOSE cramps, but rather the "normal" female cramps from the D&C. Glad to hear it all went well! Now get some good rest, you deserve it :)

lilmouse
February 20th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Glad to hear everything went all right....hate it when scheduled for surgery and it gets delayed....just hard on everyone...although I am sure there was a good reason..still frustrating to go through...hope you heal quickly and bounce right back...take things slow and easy for the next few days...let the pain be your guide....start cramping and it is time to stop whatever you are doing and lay down for a little bit...as women we tend to overdue things when we know better but just can't seem to help ourselves!

Madeforyouinma11
February 20th, 2013, 06:27 AM
I'm glad everything went well. Get some rest, enjoy being taken care of and enjoy some quilting too. :)

MayinJerset
February 20th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Glad everything went OK and that you had good RN company while you waited. Now make sure you only spend time resting and quilting. Hugs, May

Blondie
February 20th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Okay, so I missed this week's posting about this since I've been offline; glad that you had this procedure done; saying another special prayer for quick healing. You need to really rest for a few days. You've been working like a fiend lately, so this is a good excuse to take it easy. Hugs.
Blondie

All went well. I was supposed to go in for 9am. Surgery did not take place until 1:15 pm. It is so wonderful when you know the nurses, it makes the day go faster. And they were so wonderful to me. It was only a D&C but man the cramps at first were wicked. Demerol. Throat is sore from the tube. I was back home by 5pm. Hubby made supper and then I slept. I was drugged out. I am taking the rest of the week off and just resting. No heavy lifting for a week. Only quilting lol. Only very mild cramping now, which I can live with. I may try and go back to bed for a while.

Bubby
February 20th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Treat yourself to a good rest and some light quilting or reading. So glad you came through fine!

quilter.martha
February 20th, 2013, 08:39 AM
I, too, missed your post about your surgery. I pray a quick healing for you so you can be back to normal. Make sure you get lots of rest.

MRoy
February 20th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Glad to hear that everything went well. Take it easy and pamper yourself!

Loonwatcher
February 20th, 2013, 08:51 AM
So glad it went well and you are on the mend. Take advantage of the rest of the week to just relax and recooperate. Quilting sounds just like what you need

rebeccas-sewing
February 20th, 2013, 08:55 AM
I missed it too! Was surprised to read your post this morning. Hope you'll be feeling better in no time. Take it easy!

bopeep
February 20th, 2013, 08:56 AM
So glad everyting went well.....
Now take some time to rest up....
{{{HUGS}}} & {{{{PRAYERS}}}}
bopeep

pcbatiks
February 20th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Monique...........be sure and take care of yourself. Rest up and read some quilting magazines.

Cathy F
February 20th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Glad to hear everything went well. Enjoy your extra quilting time!

CrazyMtnLady
February 20th, 2013, 10:51 AM
So glad to hear everything went well for you. Take if easy for the week, even if you are feeling great do not get back into working or anything to soon.

Tanya D
February 20th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Monique, I hope your recovery is swift and the pain lessens at each passing moment. Don't over do it!!!

Granny Judy
February 20th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Now you listen to all us MOMMAs... we know you and your wanting to get things done.. This is NOT THE TIME for that.
REST, REST, REST You will heal faster and be 100 % before you know it,,,,

aliaslaceygreen
February 20th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Glad to hear things went well....take it slow, rest!

Sew Perfect
February 20th, 2013, 01:07 PM
I am so glad everything went well, Monique! I will be thinking of you for the rest of the week. Rest up and get your body strong again. Put in some good movies, read a good book, play on your computer, or do all 3.

auntiemern
February 20th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Rest, take it easy, and follow Dr. instructions. Especially the lifting and walking to much part. Praying for speedy recovery.

sewbizzy
February 20th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Sending healing prayers your way...so glad everything turned out alright..

Kaytessa
February 20th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Agreeing in the prayers for a speedy recovery and may you enjoy your week of rest and not overdo.

Sandy Navas
February 20th, 2013, 10:44 PM
As a fellow quilter, all I can suggest is for you to milk this recovery period to the hilt. Let DH do all the hard work and maybe he'll start letting you have more quilting time.

Hugs, and get well soon!!

Patrice
February 20th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Glad it went well..rest rest rest

Genny
February 20th, 2013, 11:36 PM

I'm glad your surgery is over and that you're back home where you can get some rest. Hope you have a really quick recovery.

janluna
February 21st, 2013, 12:29 AM
Monique, I hope you will be feeling better soon. Saying prayers for the pain to leave and for you to feel 100% very soon. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

bkthomas
February 21st, 2013, 12:34 AM
Take care of yourself and God Bless you Monique!

GuitarGramma
February 21st, 2013, 01:33 AM
Glad to know your surgery went well. I had to have the same procedure last May. Make sure that you take AT LEAST seven full days of rest. I went back to normal church volunteer work (just music!) after five days and by that night I thought a truck had hit me. I was curled up in the fetal position on the couch barely able to move. My husband had to wake me just to go to bed! Who knew that strumming a guitar was such hard work!

debinmalaga
February 21st, 2013, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the update, Monique! So glad everything went smoothly, now you just have to pamper yourself for a week!

Suzyq
February 21st, 2013, 02:40 PM
Had one too Monique so well understand your pain....take it easy and spend some time thinking of your next quilting projects...sending hugs of comfort to you....