PDA

View Full Version : It Tuesday, February 19th. Where did the rest of the month go?

Monique
February 19th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Good morning friends. I missed posting yesterday as I was called in to work. Today I have my surgery and will be home this afternoon sometime. I had a wonderful weekend with my children. I even enjoyed having the dog. Greg did surprise me as I did not know he was coming. What a wonderful surprise. I cooked a big dinner Saturday night for Phil's birthday. Nan made the cake. He had to have a Nan cake of course. We had a lovely meal. The leftover turkey was in a bag on the table and it disappeared. I believe that Jersey ate it, bag and all. Did not even a trace. I think I will take it easy the rest of the week.

You are all so great with prayers so it is my turn to ask. I just heard my cousin Mike has Prostate cancer and I don't know why this is hitting me so hard but it is. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Bubby
February 19th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Monique,

I will be praying for your surgery today and also for your cousin. You need to get a good rest for several days...Hugs, Barb

MRoy
February 19th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Good morning Monique! You may never solve the mystery of the missing turkey...;) Praying for you today. I've also added Mike to my prayers.

pcbatiks
February 19th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Monique.........will be praying for you & your surgery and also for Mike.

MayinJerset
February 19th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Monique.........will be praying for you & your surgery and also for Mike.

From me too. May

buckeyequilter
February 19th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Good morning....

Monique...Good luck with your surgery, I will be praying for you and also for Mike.

I finally got a sewing machine cover made. Then started a tablerunner...I hope to finish that up tonight and then start another sewing machine cover.

I'd better get busy. Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

Jess1377
February 19th, 2013, 09:55 AM
I hope you have a smooth surgery with no complications today and will have you and your cousin in my prayers. (((Monique)))

Cathy F
February 19th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Monique, thinking of you today, and that your surgery goes well. Hugs and prayers for you and your cousin.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 19th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Good luck on the surgery, and prayers for you all!

meemeecyn
February 19th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Monique, will be thinking of you this afternoon and prayers being said for both you and your cousin. Take care.....

dwil23
February 19th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Praying for you and your cousin. May God Bless and Heal you both. It is amazing how fast time is flying. I just posted our next schedule at work that ends in March. Where DID February go??

Lonna
February 19th, 2013, 12:05 PM
My prayers are with both you and Mike. Wishing you a quick recovery.

CrazyMtnLady
February 19th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Monique, will be thinking of you today. Prayers to you and to your cousin.

Sandy Navas
February 19th, 2013, 12:16 PM
A great big good morning to you and prayers for those in need. I'll be back someday . . .

cyndiofthevortex
February 19th, 2013, 12:20 PM
I will pray for your surgery today, Monique. And also for your cousin Mike.

I'm happy to hear that you had a good weekend with loving family. My son Tim, 24, has been living in Texas and we haven't seen him for over a year. He was able to come for a short visit this weekend and it was so wonderful to see him! We had lots of family over to see him, also. Except for one daughter, all of my children were here. I cooked and cooked and we ate and ate and played card games and fought over who was cheating and who was winning fairly. It was great. Now he's off to the airport and the house is empty except for me. I hate crying goodbyes so it was quick and painless, but now there are tears! I hate to say goodbye.

There was no sewing in the house this weekend although I did manage to iron the February UFO Challenge quilt along with the final border fabric. I need to at least play with fabric every day if I can!

We are going on a week long trip to Mexico on Saturday and I have to start packing for that. I've never been and I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I'm not a traveler so this will all be new for me. They are predicting snow storms for our flight out and our flight back into Boston. I'm praying that they are wrong!

Hope everyone has a day filled with peace and love. Yes, I'm a former hippie!

Lisapc
February 19th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Praying all goes well for you today and for your cousin.

aliaslaceygreen
February 19th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Good Tuesday to you all! Totally missed Monday someplace. Had a migraine and seem to have just lost yesterday.
Tomorrow, I go for stitches out... hoping that once he unwraps the foot, and plucks them out that walking in a real shoe will be doable...although I am thinking of wearing the surgical shoe to the quilt show on Thursday if I go, so that people see me coming... we shall see... I seem to have wandered through almost my entire LOA and should be back at work a week from tomorrow...and feel like, wow....I could do this all the time (minus the pain and with the ability to accomplish something would be nice!)

Monique, take care and check back in!

sewbizzy
February 19th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Prayers being sent for you and your cousin...hugs and blessings!

auntiemern
February 19th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Good luck with your surgery. Prayers for you and Mike. Like Sandy, I'll be back regularly at some point.

Madeforyouinma11
February 19th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Good thoughts and prayers for both of you.

shannonsaulter
February 19th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Good morning everyone!!! Prayers for Monique and her family...not much here going on today..supposed to rain but had a great time at Disneyland yesterday..today may get a mug rug or two made but really just want a jammie day..

cyndiofthevortex
February 19th, 2013, 03:24 PM
I'll be back someday . . .How about tomorrow?

lilmouse
February 19th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Prayers going out for Monique and for Mike.....I have a cold, yuck, of course, I am off for a few days and I get sick, wouldn't you know it...will proceed as usual anyway! Have lots to do this week and am determined to get er done!

HdWench
February 19th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Many thoughts and prayers Monique, and for Mike too. Please post and let us know everything came out ok!

Debbie

Sandy Navas
February 19th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Good morning....

Monique...Good luck with your surgery, I will be praying for you and also for Mike.

I finally got a sewing machine cover made. Then started a tablerunner...I hope to finish that up tonight and then start another sewing machine cover.

I'd better get busy. Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

I absolutely LOVE your new avatar!!

Sandy Navas
February 19th, 2013, 10:40 PM
How about tomorrow?

How about right now?

SallyO'Sews
February 20th, 2013, 08:45 PM
On my way to church right now, Monique! Will be praying for your recovery, and also for healing for Mike.
Blessings,
~ Sally \0/