PDA

View Full Version : Honest, I was only going to buy a zipper

RiverMomm
February 18th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Yesterday I was getting my fabric together to start a tote with a zipper. But the fabric I picked didn't go AT ALL with the zipper I had. What to do, what to do? Yep, I jumped in the car and drove 20 minutes down the highway to Fabricville. Now, I know that the WallyWorld 5 minutes away from home has zippers, but in my mind, no way would it have the right color. BTW. I ended up with a cream and a black zipper from the fabric store and yes, WallyWorld has cream and black zippers.

And I did have one 50% off coupon and I knew I would use it on the one zipper I was going to buy.

Well, I left with a couple zippers, some fabric, a curtain rod, and a pressing thing I have been interested in trying. Geesssh, so much for my fabric diet. It is obvious that I cannot just run in and buy one thing.

Does it help that the fabric was half price?

bopeep
February 18th, 2013, 09:21 PM
YES.......half price......no way you could pass THAT up...
BTW.........I Love everything you got !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bopeep

HdWench
February 18th, 2013, 09:22 PM
*laughing as I read the title*

Vicky those are beautiful fabrics! And with a 50% coupon?? No-way anyone should pass that up, really how can anyone pass up a Savings of 50% OFF!! Yes, it's a savings fabric buy. Love that My Cat print and would never walk out without that.

<---such a bad enabler, I know I should never go into ANY fabric store for several years -- I am just like you and can't pass up Coupons, OR cute fabric! We will have plenty for our lovely retirement years, yes see you are Saving now fabric for later

:-Debbie

Lisapc
February 18th, 2013, 09:48 PM
This site is full of enablers. Thankfully because I am also one that can't pass up a coupon or a reason to buy. Hubby is going to catch on quick this week though. I have 10 yrds plus a panel coming in a day or so and he is home on vacation with us. He is a mailbox watcher. I am right now fighting a headache over not going to the LQS today to take advantage of the 20 for $20 fat quarters. That would have been $4 a yard. I really missed out on that one.

New York Sue
February 18th, 2013, 10:15 PM
One day while running errands, DD waited in the car as I went into JoAnn's, for more yardage. Well, you know what happens when we go into fabric stores....
I returned to the car twenty, or so, minutes later. And she has this 'are you kidding me look' on her face, and says, "I should have known better. It's like sending a drug addict into a crack house..."

cindyinohio
February 18th, 2013, 10:16 PM
I went to Joann's today for A spool of thread....10 spools and a roll of quilters paper later.......Oh well it was fun!!!!

bkthomas
February 18th, 2013, 10:21 PM
It's OK Vicky, we understand!

Jess1377
February 18th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Omg, I almost did the same thing today!! I stared at the peanuts fabric at JoAnns, and noticed they had the most adorable minkee like fabric with snoopy and woodstock on it ( http://www.joann.com/ultra-cuddle-fabric-snoopy-dots-paw/zprd_11186681a/ ) however if you saw the thread that I started the other day of my sewing room re-organized you will also know that I dont need any more fabric. It is so hard to resist though!!!

kelliedi
February 18th, 2013, 10:45 PM
i confess...in the last 4 days i have bought 94 yds of fabric......

RiverMomm
February 18th, 2013, 11:02 PM

uuuummmm . . . Kellie wins. :)

madampolo
February 18th, 2013, 11:06 PM

Oh, my gosh!!

buckeyequilter
On Friday.....I sat at my computer and ordered fabric.

10 FQ
9 yds fabric
7 charm packs

Then went to the LQS and got 3 more FQ and a jelly roll and a pattern.

I actually have plans for all of it except the DD Stonehenge charm pack (but I couldn't pass that up since it was cheap).

madampolo
I may go to Joann's tomorrow. I am only going to buy a zipper. (Seriously)

RiverMomm
February 18th, 2013, 11:31 PM

BTW, they have zippers at Walmart! LOL LOL

phoots
February 19th, 2013, 02:32 AM
Half priced fabric always helps!!!

Pam in Vegas

Mchelem
February 19th, 2013, 03:04 AM

I'm calling BS lol.

However, if you need company, let me know. I need a zipper too.