PDA

View Full Version : Don't you know it's Monday already?

Sandy Navas
February 18th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I can't believe it. Here's to all my wonderful on-line friends! Tip up that cuppa and let the week begin. I'm off again for another day of clean-up at the estate sale. We've had a wonderful turnout but there are still many things left. The owner asked that left-overs be donated to her church for a fund-raiser.

And, after that, who knows. Life goes on and it is warm out!!! That's the best thing we have going!!

So, happy quilting, have fun shopping and planning, special prayers and warm wishes.

Bubby
February 18th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Good Morning Sandy,

Have a great day at the sale...it's going to be a beautiful day!

DH is still off work until tomorrow with his sinus infection. He can't wait until he can retire and be home every day.

I'm still working on a Valentine runner...I look at it as being uber prepared for Valentine Day 2014!

Wishing everyone a good Monday,

pcbatiks
February 18th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Good morning Sandy & forum friends! Had a very nice weekend.... weather was pretty but chilly! We decided to go for a drive & eat at one of our favorite seafood places Saturday.......about an hour& a half away. Too pretty to be inside but the yard was too wet to do any work! I had a Shrimp platter with fried shrimp, stuffed shrimp, augratin shrimp, shrimp gumbo, ettoufee, stuffed bell pepper, baked potato & a salad! Yes I know.......sounds like Forest Gump! It was delicious and probably not fattening. :)

Off to sort books again this morning........book sale is about a month away. I'm reading a book right now called The Thirteenth Tale......I think it's going to be very interesting!

Hope everyone gets to spend some fun time in their sewing haven!

Renate
February 18th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Monday always comes so early. But it is a nice one over here with a lot of sun and today evening I will finish the handquilting of my actual project ... I hope so.
A very warm Monday to all of you

Granny Judy
February 18th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Mornin'.. Just checking up on everyone this morning. It's supposed to be warm today.. 50's then turn to windy, rain and cold. Tomorrow a snow storm is due to dump on us.. our first big snow of this Winter... Wonder what Name we will be giving this one??

When did we start naming our "land" storms?? I get confused with so many "new" fandangled stuff happening without my knowing about it. There otta be a law about changing stuff that Ain't Broke.

Got some doggie beds to cut from an old comforter.. They'll need to be requilted since all that batting is loose inside the fabric.
It won't be pretty little beds, but they will be durable, washable and doggy approved at our local shelter.
No other plans for today..other than feed my face.. Someone mentioned Meatloaf and I'm checking the freezer for the Meat!!

CrazyMtnLady
February 18th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Good Morning everyone. It sounds like another windy day out there. Suppose to get rain today too! So it is going to be a good day to stay inside and TRY to get my house back in order after all the carpenter work we did the past week. Still have the top part of my kitchen cabinet to build but if it is raining today that won't get done because the saws are outside (covered with a tarp). Tomorrow we are going to town and I have to buy some stain, just to "class" it up a little. LOL.
I was finally able to uncover my stove last evening and make enough space to fix a nice dinner. :)

I may even try to get to my sewing machine sometime today. It is crying out from loneliness!

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

toggpine
February 18th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Good Morning!

My brain woke up at 4:30 this morning and finally drug my body with it an hour later. I wasn't the only one either. DH was up early for work. Em was up trying to get a drink of water, but the lid on her cup wouldn't come off, so she came to ask Dad for help. I did get her back to bed, or it would have been a really long day.

I must have caught Sandy's spring deep cleaning bug. I got the master bath done yesterday, including washing the walls and pulling the shower doors out of their tracks. Amazing how much stuff accumulates under the sink. I have to track down a hefty cup hook for under there to hang the hair dryer on and I should be good. Next stop master bedroom. Ugh. I am NOT looking forward to cleaning those mini-blinds.

I even got some quilting done yesterday too. I'd take a break from scrubbing when the back or knees started to complain. I'd quilt a block and get back to the chores. I threw on an over-shirt to keep the quilt clean. It worked out pretty good.

I'm going to go finish my tea and toast and get on with it since my brain decided to be an early bird.
You all have a marvelous day!
Cathy

debinmalaga
February 18th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Good morning all! Going to leave a "Blast from the Past" or something posting, so won't be tiresome repeating the news here (not that there's much of that) but I'm so happy to finally have found the energy to think about quilting once more, and of course my first stop was here! Got the day off and the housework done, the sun is shining and it's supposed to get to a toasty 45 degrees today! Going to spend a lot of time unpacking the rest of my new basement sewing room. Yay!

bhaggerty
February 18th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Good Morning to all! No school today so I took the day off to be at home with kids!
My oldest has baseball practice for his school this afternoon, but otherwise we have no set plans.
The weather was so beautiful here yesterday, in the high 70's/low 80's - hope it is nice again today!
Yesterday we cleaned out the garage and re-arranged the boxes in our Texas basement (aka attic) - they look so great now!
Now really need to clean out my sewing room - but everytime I walk in there I would rather sew than clean.
Will try to finish my book today for book club later this week - A Reliable Wife
Almost done with my scrappy D9P quilt top - but have misplaced some of my blocks I made several months ago - guess I better go clean that sewing room! hahaha!

buckeyequilter
February 18th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Good morning....

It is totally a Monday here at work!! But on the bright side...no mail - so I don't have to deal with that.

I didn't even get in my sewing room yesterday....was feeling yucky. DH said everytime he looked at me I was either sleeping or in the bathroom....but am feeling fine today. Must have had a stomach bug.

After work I am going to try to get a couple of machine covers finished up. I bought something on Saturday to go with my SS gift and I need to get the other part made - so maybe I can get started on that. It seems like I'm so far behind on everything because of all that happened in the past month....but family comes first.'

I watched Jenny's new "broken dishes" video....love, love, love that quilt, so that is on my list to do.

Looks like we're supposed to get to about 45* today so that will be nice - looks like the warmest day this week. I'm seeing a litte snow in the forecast for Tuesday and Friday.

Well need to get my morning work finished up. Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

Lisapc
February 18th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Good Monday morning all!

Very cold and windy here but the Peter's are both on vacation so at least there was no early morning outside. We are definitely taking the kids to the petting zoo today. I sewed all evening and when my eyes started to go around 1 am I went to bed.

I love being in another room totally separate from everyone else with my music on. I did realize that without being in the center of the house like I was set up in the dining room that I need to use a second machine to piece while I am embroidering on the other. I will give it a try tonight and see how it works out.

Have a great Monday!

MayinJerset
February 18th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Good afternoon, Won't bore you with the details but my cold is just about gone, can't believe how much snot has run from my nose the past few days. Really want to get to my sewing machine, maybe tomorrow. Nothing big planned this week except a pillowcase sew in on Saturday.

kensington
February 18th, 2013, 03:03 PM
UGH... yes it's Monday. That is why I am still in my robe. LOL. I've had my coffee, watched the News updates, dealt with orders that needed attention, and am ready to go curl up in my quilts and covers and take a nap. It's deary outside. Grey and chilly. Dh says it's going to get colder too. Monday is the one day, I get a nap. We are on the go and doing so much on Weekends, so when Monday comes I always want a nap after lunch. LOL.

Indeed, it is monday... Nap day! ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

SallyO'Sews
February 18th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Happy Monday, All! I'm hoping to finish up DD#6's D9P quilt this week, and promise to post pics as soon as she can help me! One of these days, I'm going to figure all that digital photography stuff out so I can post sooner!

Have a blessed week!

BellasQuilts
February 18th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Took 12-year old Lab to vet today. She got her pain patch AND her bandage removed. Gnarly staples in her leg (she tore her ACL) and she has to wear the "cone of silence" so she doesn't lick her wound. She is not happy about it, but better she is a bit unhappy and healing than another trip to vet to get stitches replaced. She's such a trooper.

HdWench
February 18th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Bella, so glad to hear she is on the mend *oohh the cone!* Can you imagine not being able to drink well with that thing on? Poor baby but, it's keeping those stitches safe for now and I'm praying she will have a good recovery!

It's almost 6 pm Monday I had to have a nap today for about 5 hours, so I will be up late in the sewing room having fun or making trouble haha

May - have to agree where DOES all that stuff come from? Windy the past few days so allergies hit and nose running and sure wish I had stock in Kleenex! Glad to hear you are doing better.

Finally got our air purifers going so that will help. No mail today and must catch it tomorrow as my latest MSQS order will be coming in -- Already moved over some stuff in the sewing room to *tuck it away* and hide it a bit LOL Need to move more fabric OUT in quilts and shelter beds then is coming in... but could not resist the Daily Deals last week :-) and you all know how that is!

Hope everyone had a good day and evening!

:-Debbie

Monique
February 18th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Good evening. I got called in to work this morning so I never got a chance to check in here first. I had a busy weekend and tomorrow I am having the D & C done, so I may not be in here tomorrow morning either. I will let you all know how it went when I get a chance. Good night all.