PDA

View Full Version : Beginnings of my kitchen cabinet.

CrazyMtnLady
February 17th, 2013, 11:00 PM
We worked today and got the base to my new kitchen cabinet together and in the house. It is really crude and not fine furniture. We used old boards we had on hand and the drawers are from the closet/dresser unit we tore out of the back room.
It still needs to be "fine-tuned" by a bit of sanding and staining but it is useable. I actually have things in the drawers already and my KitchenAide is sitting on top along with my Crock Pot. We are still going to put a shelf unit on top so it looks a lot like a hutch. I am happy! :)

http://i46.tinypic.com/eknz6.jpg

Musical_Starling
February 17th, 2013, 11:06 PM
I love it! Looks like "fine" furniture to me ;)

Genny
February 17th, 2013, 11:14 PM
This is my kind of furniture.

buckeyequilter
February 17th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Looks good to me!!! Better made than the press board furniture.

Kaytessa
February 17th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Looks great to me...and the care in making it is what counts the most.

Sandy Navas
February 17th, 2013, 11:43 PM
I don't care what anyone else has to say, I love it!! If it was finely finished it definitely would NOT have a place in my home!!

Hugs to you, dear friend. No go in there and use that Kitchen Aid and bake me a cake!!

K. McEuen
February 17th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Storage is always a good thing. You know, my kitchen is in what used to be a single car garage, lots of cabinets and every darn one is full! I'm all for sturdy, functional stuff. If it's "green" all the better. I'd love a cabinet made out of old barn wood.

lilmouse
February 18th, 2013, 12:09 AM
I love it and wouldn't change a thing....it will hold up much better than what they are producing today...great job!

Lisapc
February 18th, 2013, 01:36 AM
I think it looks just great. I have a 20 x 16 kitchen with no storage at all. I don't even have a place for a kitchen table because of a fireplace. I would love more storage.

MayinJerset
February 18th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Donna, You and your DH do good work as the cabinet is awesome, lots of storage and it looks really rustic. A little sanding and poly and you'll be all set.

My DH is always building us cabinets for extra storage, only problem is that he forgets the size needed and he keeps adding trim, etc. and it ends up too big for the space. May

bkthomas
February 18th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Love it Donna - Looks great!!!

Lissau
February 18th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Looks great ...........l'd like a kitchen aide as well those are $700 in Australia way out of my budget

New York Sue
February 18th, 2013, 03:12 AM
I don't care what anyone else has to say, I love it!! If it was finely finished it definitely would NOT have a place in my home!!

Hugs to you, dear friend. No go in there and use that Kitchen Aid and bake me a cake!!
I could not have said it better, my friend!
It looks AWESOME!
And maybe someday, we'll get into how I acquired a Kitchen Aid mixer... ;)

Musical_Starling
February 18th, 2013, 03:16 AM
Looks great ...........l'd like a kitchen aide as well those are $700 in Australia way out of my budget

They're $600 here for the model I have (Professional 5) but I got mine on sale for $350 :D Only time I ever walked out of Canadian Tire happy (my fellow Canucks will probably understand lol)

CrazyMtnLady
February 18th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Thank you all for your wonderful comments. Can't wait to get the top shelving unit done and up! I am excited. It is nice to get some of the old lumber we have around here used up also.

:) Thanks again.

gayk
February 18th, 2013, 12:43 PM
I love it! I think it looks great and what a wonderful way to reuse things!
Okay, I'm jealous....I SOOO want a kitchen aid! LOL

cantrellahinton
April 16th, 2013, 07:38 AM
It looks great, its my kind of furniture. I liked its color as well. :)