PDA

View Full Version : Fervent Prayer Request

Meli
February 17th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Dear Everyone,

This place, this little haven made of pixels, has become my "go-to" place for nearly every aspect of my life. From the beginning, I have been touched by the generosity, love, acceptance and encouragement I have found here. I welcome input from everyone. In turn, I try to provide the same to others. I am not always good at it.

One of the things about this place for which I am most grateful is that we can come here and make prayer requests and know that men and women around the world -- friends we may never meet -- will honor that request. Some write out their prayers, some have a list, some say them out loud, some in their hearts. And I KNOW that all those prayers are heard by our beloved Father in Heaven. And I also know, from experience, that he answers those prayers. He truly listens to the prayers offered up by this unique group of friends.

And so, my quilting friends, my support system for so much more than needles, threads, and fabrics, I am asking you to pray for us, as a group, as friends, as family. The past week or so has been a little rough, and I think we could all use the blessings. Heaven knows I could.

Each of you is important to me. Each of you contributes to my life in ways you cannot imagine. May our Father in Heaven grant each of you peace and comfort, and hold you gently in the palm of His hand, surrounding you in His loving benevolence.

(HUGE HUGS)

Meli

EnumclawGramma
February 17th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Wow Meli, could not have expressed this any better myself. Thank you for this. Agreeing with you in prayer.

Lisapc
February 17th, 2013, 02:32 PM
So kind Meli. Praying for all of us.

bkthomas
February 17th, 2013, 02:49 PM
:icon_bigsmile:
Good idea!!!

Roxanne
February 17th, 2013, 03:19 PM
I am totally with you. I only joined in December, but have found some true friendships on here and it has become obvious to me that a lot of you are one with me in my faith in the Lord. We should pray daily for each other. We may not know each others needs, but God does and he will honor our prayers. And, I truly feel that God would want us to honor this forum and not use it as a means of complaining or bickering. That isn't why I joined and I'm pretty sure it isn't why the rest of you joined. So, please heavenly father, bless us and help us to lift you up in all things that we do. Amen.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 17th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Beautiful words! Thanks for sharing them!

Lonna
February 17th, 2013, 03:23 PM
What a wonderful thought prayers have been lifted for each and everyone here.

GuitarGramma
February 17th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Amen. Thank you for this prayer.

kensington
February 17th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Yes, as we do your will Lord, letting all things we put our minds and hands to be for your glory, then bless us according to your riches in Heaven that you provide for us by your word. Speak it and it shall be so. amen.

I love the word of God. So many scriptures I think of could fit this topic. But, the most in my mind... "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)

Bubby
February 17th, 2013, 03:38 PM
I have been praying. Everything will be okay...just pray and believe.

Suzette
February 17th, 2013, 04:25 PM
What a lovely post and suggestion. I will join you in keeping this wonderful forum and all my new friends here in my daily prayers. It's a wonderful way to stay connected with each of you. :icon_bigsmile:

shannonsaulter
February 17th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Prayers are said and my heart is full with the great friendships I have made here Meli thanks for saying it so well!

grammakim04
February 17th, 2013, 05:08 PM
The comments on this thread are so beautiful. I know I've had rough times lately with my DH's illness and have asked for prayers and friends on this forum have been so supportive. It's been nice to have a place like this where there is a common interest such as quilting and be able to share when you are going thru a tough time and ask for prayer. Bless you all.

Kim

pcbatiks
February 17th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Beautifully written Meli........agreeing in prayer with you and everyone else. :)

EsGrandma
February 17th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Joining you in prayer - thanks Meli for encouraging us to give this to the Lord.

ChristineB
February 17th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Well said; I agree!

promqueen
February 17th, 2013, 06:31 PM
We all need love and support everyday and sometimes more during the tough times. It's comforting to know there are good people out there that we can go to. Reading your post I got very emotional. Your words rang so true! Hugs to everyone!! I care! Mary Ann

Carolyn23
February 17th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Our pastor has been preaching a series on the Beatitudes. Today he preached on the seventh one. Blessed are the peacemakers......nice post, Meli. Hugs to all.

MRoy
February 17th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Agreed....prayer said for God's grace, comfort, and peace on this group.

SuzyQue
February 17th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Meli-----what a great think you have done today......reminding us of peace..... asking for prayer for this forum and this site. Prayers said and God willing may we always be able to meet on here and pray for each other!

Monique
February 17th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Very well said.

CrazyMtnLady
February 17th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Beautiful sentiment.. Amen!

Musical_Starling
February 17th, 2013, 10:49 PM
I have said many prayers for my friends on this forum, and I have also been adding a few more prayers recently to help smooth things over so we can all get back to sharing and smiling and helping as we have before :) This forum is the only place where I really get to talk about sewing and crafting and show off what I've done. DH tries to be interested, but the poor boy can only tolerate so much talk of 1/4" seams and matching points and fmq lol

middlesis1966
February 17th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Very well said Meli! Thanks to each and everyone of you for your kindness and prayers!

BellasQuilts
February 17th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Well said. Thank you, Meli.

KathieB
February 17th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Meli, I think you said exactly what we all feel. So many of the ladies have such a wonderful way of expressing their feelings and saying just the right thing. Sending prayers to each and everyone of you and thanking you for yours.

Sandy Navas
February 17th, 2013, 11:49 PM
http://addictionjournal.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/bad-apple.jpg

Working early in the morning. You know I love all of you!!! Sorry I am wrinkled and ugh!!

Thanks, Meli - and all my wonderful friends here. Sometimes I am so happy that I get busy and can't be here.

Kaytessa
February 17th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Prayers from the heart reach our Fathers heart. Many have said heart prayers..thanks to all of you and to God the glory!

lilmouse
February 18th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Joining everyone in prayer....well said Meli!

phoots
February 18th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Thank you, Meli! You are difinately a very special person! I will say a prayer for you and for the rest of our little group here!

Pam in Vegas

brook
February 18th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Thank you Meli - for encouraging us to pray for each other. We don't know specifics, but we all have things going on in our lives that needs prayer. : )