PDA

View Full Version : It's Sunday!

MayinJerset
February 17th, 2013, 10:06 AM
But I'm not sunny today. Someone turned on a faucet in my nose yesterday and it hasn't stopped running all through the night, lots of sneezing too. We had a good visit with DS#3 and kids yesterday, they loved the mac and cheese and meatloaf I made for dinner, or maybe they were just very hungry. We just hung out talking and watching TV. They left around 5:30 this morning to make their flight to CA. After they left I made myself a big mug of tea and wrapped myself in a big quilt and took a little nap. Feeling a bit better now bu think another nap will help more.

lilmouse
February 17th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Sorry you have the "faucet" running....I have post nasal drip and was prescribed meds for it....nose spray...not fun and can't really notice any difference...at least not yet!
Hope you feel better after your "nap".

meemeecyn
February 17th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather, May! It's hard sewing with a faucet on the face! (sorry, couldn't resist....) You are a determined woman, so betcha that won't stop you!

Had my grandgirls for overnight Friday, so didn't get a chance to get online much. They are home now, and I see a lot has happened since I was last here!

Hope to get some sewing done today. It is snowing a bit and very windy, so staying in is the plan.

Have a great Sunday, all you special quilter's!
Cynthia

Sandy Navas
February 17th, 2013, 11:26 AM
I have a hard time accepting the fact that I can type out a wonderful message and make one small move and lose all of it! So, I will just say that I am hoping and praying for peace, comfort, thorough healing, a good soft bed and a long sleep-in. Can you tell that I am tired?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_gcer4mRvOkpVcMSFUREV75OSu0wjA QtuDlAcg1x3Ht_8fJU_

Ginny B
February 17th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Sorry you don't feel well May. :) Glad you had such a great visit with family yesterday. Hope you feel better soon.

I will finish putting away my Christmas decorations. It was nice to read yesterday that I wasn't the only one with "stuff" out. LOL

I went to Joann's yesterday and got a bunch of material for projects I need to do for dh's co-workers and my sister. I want to start a project for us too just not sure what I want to do. Actually, I think I want to make a St. Patty's day table runner. I made a Valentine's one but guess it's time to switch that one out now. I should start cutting all my squares for the rag quilt I would like to have done by next fall and, of course, I need to decide on a pattern for ds #3 and his fiance' for their wedding gift. I also have to start looking for a dress for the wedding (and it takes me soooooo long to find something I like I really should start now - wedding is in November) and they want me to pick the song that Steven and I will dance to. Oh, but I digress; back to sewing projects. I need to work on my Feb. UFO, post the pic of my Jan. UFO, get my mug rug finished for the mug rug swap and play with my Brother sewing machine and see if I can get rid of the little bird's nest on the underside of my fabric. DS#1 put in a new tension knob for me this past week and now I have to play with the #'s until I get it sewing right again. It's been a long time since I've used "Dude" and he also needs a good cleaning and oiling.

Well, it is a sunny but cold day here so I think I will be staying nice and cozy inside and spending some quality time with all my machines. :) Have a wonderful day everyone.

Ginny B

gayk
February 17th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Well I am sort of with you on the nose except mine is not running...stopped up...as a matter of fact from the neck up I don't feel good....ears stopped up and hurting, coughing..yuck! I think mine is all sinus issues. Sewed for a few hours yesterday and I think that may have triggered it all. Sometimes fabrics do that to me.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

buckeyequilter
February 17th, 2013, 11:48 AM
http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/g/good-morning/graphics-good-morning-265757.gif (http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/)

I don't have any plans for today so I think I'm going to do some laundry and work on machine covers. I was doing that last night until I got a text wanting me to come to a benefit party for my brother.

I have the fabric to make a table runner using the binding tool so if I get to it I think I'll make that today as well.

We went yestereday and finally traded in our cell phones for iPhones...so we're learning to use them. I've been using a little flip phone for years....it was time.

Here's a big {{{hug}}} for everyone feeling under the weather this morning.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

gayk
February 17th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Shirley, my dear husband got an iphone this last time. They told us it would soon be impossible to get anything but a smart phone. They only had like 3 regular phones. I do love my iphone and you will too once you get used to it.

aliaslaceygreen
February 17th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Feel better, May! It's COLD here today! Going in the wrong direction of spring...

Think I may do a bit of cleaning...I feel like I need to DO something...It will probably wear off after 20 minutes of standing, but....

Have a great Sunday!

Lisapc
February 17th, 2013, 12:47 PM
May, I hope you feel better. Maybe some peppermint tea?

Shirley, I still have a flip phone. I only need the phone to make and receive calls. I am still getting used to having a tablet.

gayk, I hope you feel better soon.

We are supposed to take the kids to the petting zoo today. I don't know if that will happen because it is stormy and we have a late start to the day. We will see. I really hope that we do because the next 3 days are planned and other than my daughter going into labor I do not want any deviation from the plan.

Happy Sunday to all!

CrazyMtnLady
February 17th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Good morning. Been up since before 5 but DH stole the computer! :(
Hope you start feeling better soon.

No big plans today..Heck..I made it out of bed and actually put clothes on instead of staying in my pjs. We are expecting a friend to come over today. But I am not holding my breath. He has said he was coming over a few times before and never made it. We didn't work on my kitchen shelves yesterday. We went to the neighbors and got a load of hay and wore ourselves out. So we kind of took it easy. I am trying to get things put on the backroom shelves so I can at least get to my stove to cook today! I think we will work on the kitchen shelves today until our friend shows up.

Will be glad when I can get back to sewing.

Bubby
February 17th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Good Morning,

May, I hope you feel better soon. DH has had the same thing going on for weeks now and finally went to the doctor Thursday for antibiotics. He's on the mend and will go back to work Tuesday.

Not much happening in my world right now. Yesterday I sewed out a few embroidery designs I've been wanting to try...some bunnies that look like they are sketched. Just not in the mood to sew right now.

I wish everyone a good Sunday, Barb

bakermom
February 17th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Woke up to 3+ inches of snow this morning. Have no plans to go out today at all until I have to go to work. I would have gone to church but I'm still feeling a bit beat from work last week and the remnants of a cold. This should be a bit easier week at work. I'm still playing around with the tote i started, really it shouldn't take this long to make. Also have most of a quilt done for a friend's new grandbaby due soon. It just needs borders and a backing. I'm just not feeling very motivated.

Claire Hallman
February 17th, 2013, 02:52 PM
I hope to get back to working on a pieced quilt back today. I made my quilt front too big for the backing I had planned so I have had to get creative. Putting a strip down the center of the backing yardage pieces. The strip is made from 6 1/2" cuts of all the front fabrics plus a few extra blocks. I am hoping it will look good in the end. Maybe better than just the regular plain fabric in three sections.
I also need to sit myself down and FMQ a quilt to give my wonderful neighbors before it gets too warm to need a quilt.:icon_happy: I need to give myself a good talking to about getting started. When I do get started I get excited about doing enough to actually finish. :D

Iris Girl
February 17th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Busy day for me as its my only day off, so up at 4am out the door to food shop at 7am , 2 loads of laundry done and some applesauce bread in the bread maker...hopes its good new recipe. sandwiched and pinned the kitty quilt and the quilt I am teaching my sewing group to do.40197 Doing a roast chicken for dinner, finishing the label on my mug rug for the swap so I can put it in the mail tomorrow. Thats enough I'm ready for a nap. But Mom always said no rest for the wicked...guess that makes me wicked, one day soon maybe hubby will get back to work ... or help a little more around here...just won't hold my breath...

toggpine
February 17th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Morning!
Got some more quilting done yesterday between the house work and farm chores.
It looks like I'll be making a trip to a friends farm today. One of my does is in heat and needs to go "visit" her boy goat.

More laundry today and probably the running of the vacuum. We'll have to make sure the Legos are all picked up first. I also HAVE to wash the windows in the kitchen. I'm not sure I'll get to the outside, but the inside really bugs me as the sun, when it shines. comes right through there highlighting every speck & smudge.
Mid-winter break starts tomorrow for the kiddo. I think we'll spend a few days @ Mom's finishing getting the back bedroom ready for her to move in to. She has knee replacement surgery coming mid-March and we want all of the rooms shifted around by then. I see some long days, but then it will be done and Mom can rest & recuperate more comfortably.

I shall go start the laundry and slip in a few minutes of stitching & then do another chore. This works pretty good if I do one block and then a chore, one block then another chore. It's kind of like a reward for doing housework!

You all have a good day!
Cathy

shannonsaulter
February 17th, 2013, 04:42 PM
May get better! and anypone else feeling poorly you are in my thoughts..
Its a great day for me because I work and its my FRIDAY!!!!
Tomorrow Disneyland YAY!!!!
Tue off to the post to send out some pay it forwards and my mug rug for the swap group...Then to work on a special something and hope I dont mess it up anymore than I already have...but I know the person will love it when they get it!
The DD#1 is going to get a quilt by me my 1st attempt at DP9 so keeping fingers crossed

grammakim04
February 17th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Hi Everyone,

My DH is having a good day today, so that makes me smile :D

I started the 3 Dudes strip pattern yesterday with the black/grey colors and quite pleased with how it is going to look. Will continue working on that today, otherwise taking it easy today and making a nice dinner for DH.

Enjoy you day. Kim

K. McEuen
February 17th, 2013, 04:59 PM
May, I hope your nose stops running soon, as well as ours. It's been so windy out here lately, blowing all the dust around, that the whole family has the sniffles. I love meatloaf. I think it is my all-time favorite comfort food. I try to make enough that I can have a cold meatloaf sandwich the next day. MMmmm.

Iris, you over-achiever! I don't think I was even in bed by 4, much less going grocery shopping by 7. Your quilt is very nice. Love the colors and white.

Not a lot going on here today, which is fine. I'm sitting here with 3 fat quarters right now, planning on starting my WINDing project for the March swap gift. I had one idea in mind, but really needed more then 3 color choices. I tried every which way to figure it out with 3, then had another idea and will run with it and my 3 FQs. Blondie and Sandy are making us think this year. I went and picked up border fabrics for a quilt I've been sewing together using Jenny's Magic Square pattern. I may be able to get that finished today, if a nap doesn't win out. Sunday is "Slug Day" around here. Everyone gets to be as lazy as they want.

kensington
February 17th, 2013, 05:13 PM
I love meatloaf! Sunday... we didn't go to church today, our dd and her kids spent the night and getting two toddlers up, fed and in the car by 8 is not my thing any more. LOL. Besides, they go to daycare all week at 7 am, today was a good day to let them sleep in, lounge in pj's and eat pancakes with Papa.

Not sewing, dh and I are just doing nothing together. The sun is shining here. Nice outside. Dh says it's in the 50's today. We're having a heat wave!

cyndiofthevortex
February 17th, 2013, 05:46 PM
All I want to do today is rest! But that won't be, and for some very good reasons. We're having a family reunion, with DS#3 up visiting from El Paso and all the other of my kids here to visit with him. I made a killer macs and cheese last night for dinner and tonight it will be lasagna. Time to get a move on if it's to be ready for dinner!

DGS Jon decided I needed a present today, so he found a box and some tissue paper, went into my sewing room (after asking permission since that's a no-no) and pulled out a pretty UFO that's sitting in a pile of must-do for this year. He wrapped it in the box and taped it all up as only a 5 year old can. When I opened it he exclaimed, "Grammie! It's fabric! It's just what you always want!"

lilmouse
February 18th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Cyndi, that is too cute....at least he knows what you want! Got a kick out of that little story!

HdWench
February 18th, 2013, 07:07 AM
May and everyone get well soon! We will kick ourselves in the rear to get moving haha I too have not been as diligent at the sewing area, but once I get started I can't stop.. it is the starting part right now. Allergies blowing around in the wind yuck!

We drove down to see my parents today and celebrate my father's 83rd Birthday! whoo hoo 2 of my 3 brothers came into town so it was a nice visit and even my DH said he had a good time with my family (his is gone now including a younger brother), so it was nice for him to have family time.

Love cold meatloaf sandwiches with ketchup on them, or hot sauce :-) Karen!! Me too I make it larger so I can have it cold the next day yummm

Sounds like a good jammy day or family time - Glad to read and catch up with you all.

Monday maybe we can all find out sewing rooms for 30 minutes of whatever, or more if you find your happy spot again. that's my plan, try to finish some organizing (err hide the Abundance of Charm packs, Jelly Rolls and recent purchases before my newest MSQS comes in this week) and just sew for 1/2 hour

Debbie

SallyO'Sews
February 18th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Hope by today (Monday) you're feeling better, May.