PDA

View Full Version : Wow what a week...

BellasQuilts
February 17th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Boss is in a super foul mood this week. I hate it when he gets in a nasty mood. Hope he gets over it by next Tuesday.

Valentines, DH took me to dinner and asked me to renew our vows this year for our 20th. Wow! Total surprise. Girls are helping me plan a little something for the beach. I don't know what I did to deserve this wonderful man.

Mom was released Friday from rehab to go home after her stroke. Brother and SIL now taking over for my two sisters. They will stay with mom for a month to take her to her outpatient therapy. Hopefully she will recover enough to be able to stay in her home.

Phoebe, our 12 year old lab, damaged her ACL (knee muscle). She had surgery on Friday; brought her home today. She can't walk on her own so DH and I trying to help her around. I will be seeing my chiropractor sooner than later.

Got to babysit DGS tonight. He's sleeping in his crib behind me now. DD and SIL are are the cattleman's ball tonight. their first big night out since baby arrived.

Went to local Quilt shop for their vendor fair. Found a book and good use for scraps. They called and said I won the door prize. I get to pick it up tomorrow.

Had a weird dream last night - something about a hurricane coming through. TV must have been on.

So how was your week?

lilmouse
February 17th, 2013, 02:37 AM
Slow compared to yours...not a whole lot going on in my world...just the usual...did get the closet in my sewing room cleaned out and reorganized and finished ruler folding all my fabric...now have to do the drawers and such...and go through the two scrap baskets I have and cut to usable pieces and put away! Have been making mug rugs...they are so addicting....can't wait to get mine out in the mail for my swap partner! Other than that it has been work and housework!

Lisapc
February 17th, 2013, 02:49 AM
I am so glad that things are going better for the two legged in your life. Your boss owes you for this past week. I hope your dog feels better and the hardest part is making sure they take it easy. Congratulations! I would have been over the moon because I never win anything.

The week before this last week my little guy was out sick two days and then there was a snow day and a late start day because of the storm. So this past week with him still not feeling well this little 8 yr old had 1 1/2 -2 1/4 hrs of homework every night to catch up. It was a week from hell. I usually sew in the evening for pleasure and spent my night doing homework with a half sick kid.

Valentines was wonderful because hubby got me a badly needed table for sewing.

Friday was the last day of school and work for both of my Peter's because they are on vacation and my daughter is due to deliver our new granddaughter on the 21st and I will be taking my 4 yr old granddaughter during the days when she is in the hospital. This week is supposed to be a wonderful week for us all. I am praying that it is. I can't wait to meet Lillyana Marie and see who she looks like.

HdWench
February 17th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Evening Bella, that is great news that your mom's getting released from the Hospital and your DH wanting to renew your 20 year vows, what a lovely surprise! I'm sorry to hear about your 4-legged friend and sure with you trying to help her around you'll need to get realigned sooner.

Just plugging along trying to organizing my sewing room (thanks to lilmouse for the tip about winding on the ruler), Must finish a quilt binding tonight and have 3 more toppers waiting.

I lead a pretty simple life and I love that! These past few days I will mention my Bonnie. She is a Norwegian Forest cat with triple long hair in the typical gray and white markings. She is nearing 17 years old, has 6 toes on each of her 4 paws *cute as can be* and we adopted her at age 10 when her Meow-Mom passed away. With twice yearly Vet visits I know there isn't anything physically wrong, yet her meow's are often loud! Today I spent more time doing web research than sewing. She may be in the beginning states of dementia. The louder and lowing long meows can mean other things for cats (especially older ones), but small vision loss creates a bit of confusion during dark so the loud meows bounce off walls helping her hear where she is and a slight loss of hearing she may not realize how loud she is now "talking". A vet visit is in our future too (((God Bless those Vets))) who help us extend the lives of our loving friends with furry paws.

Not her photo but cracked me up as this cat is obviously talking VERY loudly hehehe

Debbie

Sew Perfect
February 17th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Wow, what a week you've had! Great news! You're husband is great, and congrats!

As for my week, it has been pretty good considering.