PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Saturday

janluna
December 18th, 2010, 02:09 PM
I don't know about you but Christmas is coming to fast!! 1 week to go. Wow and then another year gone by. And I'll be older again. Oh boy! I'm trying to get the spirit really I am.
Hope everyone get their gifts done and wrapped and their menu planned etc. We're having steak for our Christmas dinner. Yuck. And birthday cake. I think Jesus liked birthday pie, don't you? I'm being a real grinch aren't I? Sorry. I'll make an effort to be nicer. I will!
Just not today. {:-( Love you all, Jan

NM Lady
December 18th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Jan, I know exactly what you mean, Christmas is coming way too fast.

We're cleaning house today and then off to town to finish Christmas shopping. Our family has always done turkey and dressing for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I really don't know why, but if we try to change the menu, everyone fusses at the cooks, so we'll have Turkey and Dressing once again. Me, I'm partial to Mexican food and would love to make chili rellenos.:lol:

Tomorrow is bake day. We make strawberry nut bread for our neighbors, peanut butter balls for here at the house and company. I'm not sure what else, but toffee sounds good. I'll think about that.

Well, y'all have a wonderful day!

God Bless and take care.

middlesis1966
December 18th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I know can you believe its next week. I still dont have a tree up. Trying to get into it, but I just cant. Its not that I dont have the christmas spirit. Im not much on decorating. I will leave that to my mom, lol. She decorates every inch of her house. Right down to the pet dishes, lol. Its finally warmed up a few degress more today, YAHOO! Im gonna need to break out the sunblock. Im with ya Jan on the gettn older suff, yuck. I do think it does need to be cake though, sorry. Hey I think you should have both cake and pie, i think Jesus would like that. And the steak part yummmmy! We are having sauage gravy and biscuits, YUCK! Good thing my mommy is making her yummy breakfast casserole. But I will be stuck in the kitchen for 2-3hrs making gravy for 23 people. Well now Im being the grinch so I'm gonna say see ya for now. Have a fantastic day all.

Love to you Jan!

janluna
December 18th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Love you too Paula. Blessings on you. Merry christmas.

patticakes
December 18th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Hi there!
Haven't be able to get on here much but try to visit once a day to at least read some posts. As you know we had my family Christmas last weekend at my daughter's house and I was crazy-stressed to get all that shopping, wrapping, cookie baking done last week. This week is more relaxing, although it is crazy at work! We did get a tree a couple days ago and I put a few things around the house but not as much as usual. I figured there was not that much time left and afterwards there would be less to put away!
Jan I think that Jesus will love whatever you have but he must be partial to frosted cut-out sugar cookies for sure because I've been so inspired by the season to eat enough to gain 10 lbs!! (The diet starts on January 3rd!)
Off to finish the goodies I am bringing to my BF's family Christmas party tonight. Can't wait to see them!
Hope you all have a chance to slow down and appreciate this wonderful season!
Patti

Texsam
December 18th, 2010, 06:38 PM
I don't know about you but Christmas is coming to fast!! 1 week to go. Wow and then another year gone by. And I'll be older again. Oh boy! I'm trying to get the spirit really I am.
Hope everyone get their gifts done and wrapped and their menu planned etc. We're having steak for our Christmas dinner. Yuck. And birthday cake. I think Jesus liked birthday pie, don't you? I'm being a real grinch aren't I? Sorry. I'll make an effort to be nicer. I will!
Just not today. {:-( Love you all, Jan

Ah Oh looks like some of us (Paula & Bridgette :icon_hihi:) are rubbing off on ya! But we love you anyway! :icon_hug:

quiltingtrish
December 18th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I think it sounds like you are trying to get too much done for the holidays for those that are not 'in the mood'? I think that, generally, either you like to go all out or do just enough to get by on. I am one of those that likes to do enough to get by on without people thinking I am a scrooge. I think that the best memories are the ones where family is together enjoying each other, I like going back to simplier times when a gift was truly thought out for the person intended. If there is time to make that gift, all the better!
I guess that's why I start choosing things through the year when I see something that reminds me of someone - it is hard sometimes to hang on to it until Christmas and lots of times they get their gifts early!

Well, I dozed off after my running around here in town and finally got the turkey in the oven at 4:15! Oops - it is supposed to cook for about 4-5 hours. Of course all the kids will be out, but I had to get it in the oven. So, Odie is going to stop back here for some hot skin and we'll eat it tomorrow after church. He'll get his turkey dinner one way or the other. haha!

Well, better get off here and see what else needs done around here. Just putzing around here and doing this and that. Don't overdo it everyone - slow down and enjoy the season.

Hugs,