PDA

View Full Version : Crochet for DD's friend's shower

GrammaBabs
February 16th, 2013, 06:26 PM
March 9 is the deadline... could not make a quilt... she had picked a cute bedding set with very pretty quilt in lavendar/mint and pink... so i made this to go with..still finishing up the sweater and "ugg" booties and hat that DD has requested... i'm getting to go to this shower... should be fun... :)

K. McEuen
February 16th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Looks great, Barb. I ised to crochet a lot. It seems to bother my wrist if I do it for any length of time now.

Bubby
February 16th, 2013, 06:40 PM
That's a beautiful baby afghan, Babs! You do such gorgeous work with yarn...amazing!

Cathy F
February 16th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Beautiful! I love nothing more than a handmade gift, I'm sure it will be loved!

GrammaBabs
February 16th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Thanks all... i'm "afraid" to stop my crochet and knitting.. my legs are in such crappy shape,,, from Lack of Use!!!! I don't want to lose the hands..LOL and DH's is such a TV freak.. we watch every night.. i could not just sit there...:D

Roxanne
February 16th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Looks great, Barb. I ised to crochet a lot. It seems to bother my wrist if I do it for any length of time now.

I know exactly what you are feeling. I love to crochet but just can't do it any more without being in pain. This baby set is going to be just gorgeous. I used to love taking something homemade to a baby shower and seeing the reaction of the mom to be. Guess it will have to be quilts from now on.

Cat n bull
February 16th, 2013, 07:10 PM
I am trying to learn how to crochet. This is SO BEAUTIFUL!!

I wish I had someone who can crochet as awesome as you to teach me.

GuitarGramma
February 16th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Oh, that is the most beautiful lacey crochet blanket I have ever seen. What yarn did you use?

bkthomas
February 16th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Oh how pretty! Have fun at the shower!

bhaggerty
February 16th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Oh, I wish I knew how to crochet!
Those are adorable!!

SandyWhite
February 16th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Babs this is beautiful. I haven't crocheted for a long time.

Lisapc
February 17th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Just perfection. I can't do that so I am envious.

lilmouse
February 17th, 2013, 03:11 AM
That is beautiful...you are so talented in many ways!

Musical_Starling
February 17th, 2013, 03:28 AM
I really need to learn to crochet. That's absolutely beautiful :)

Momofmonsters5
February 17th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Just beautiful! I have an afghan almost finished you make me want to pull it out and finish it. She will love it!

rebeccas-sewing
February 17th, 2013, 07:42 AM
I'm always so impressed with your needlework, Barb. I love the lavender.

Klasien
February 17th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Very pretty!!

My mom made me something like that when our first daughter was born, I have used it with all the kids and still have it, it is so wondeful just to pick the baby up in a blanket like that, I loved it and I am sure the new mom to be will love it too.

Beautiful!!

GrammaBabs
February 17th, 2013, 02:37 PM
there is a lot on YouTube fora visual... i think it's all about whether you can get comfortable with it... keep trying,,,, but you will know if it's for you or not... i worked in a yarn shop at the age of 14... and have been doing knit and crochet ever since.. most of what i do is just trying the "stitches" i like and making my own patterns... FYI.... crochet is much simpler than knitting... you "chain the width you need"... then work until it's the right length... for starters... the dec. and increase.. come once you are comfortable with your work... ask anytime... i'm here for ya'!!hugs B
I am trying to learn how to crochet. This is SO BEAUTIFUL!!

I wish I had someone who can crochet as awesome as you to teach me.

GrammaBabs
February 17th, 2013, 02:41 PM
AWWWWWWW,,, you all make me feel special..for me.. crochet and knit for me are like "breathing"... i'm blessed to have been introduced to it all at a very young age.. and had a wonderful "mentor"..

Cat n bull
February 17th, 2013, 02:46 PM
there is a lot on YouTube fora visual... i think it's all about whether you can get comfortable with it... keep trying,,,, but you will know if it's for you or not... i worked in a yarn shop at the age of 14... and have been doing knit and crochet ever since.. most of what i do is just trying the "stitches" i like and making my own patterns... FYI.... crochet is much simpler than knitting... you "chain the width you need"... then work until it's the right length... for starters... the dec. and increase.. come once you are comfortable with your work... ask anytime... i'm here for ya'!!hugs B

Thanks GB! I have watched lots of tutorials, and for the most part I can figure it out. But sometimes they aren't so clear about turning to the next row and I end up with an oddly shaped bump out.

I also get lost a LOT on patterns where counting is important. My mind drifts and before I know it it's too off to much to compensate for.

I REALLY love the circles and multi-colored squares. Granny squares I think they are called, and Catherine's wheel. I may pick your brain on those...

Madeforyouinma11
February 17th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Really pretty. Love the colors, looks so soft....My daughter picked one out that she wants me to make.

phoots
February 18th, 2013, 02:01 AM
How purdy that is!!! What stitch is that???

Pam in Vegas