PDA

View Full Version : Leaving rebuffed

BillNye
February 16th, 2013, 03:28 PM
in regards to Marilyn's "leaving" thread, which I closed due to the tone it quickly took, which I am not okay with, let me give a brief explanation.

I "late night" pm'd Marilyn and asked if she had something she wanted to chat about because I could tell something was irritating her.

There are no "powers that be", there was no ultimatum given, there was no need for exits from the community, and there still aren't.

Marilyn, you are more than welcome to be on this forum, this is as much yours as mine, but everyone be warned, I may PM you, during the overnight hours, which is when I read the forums, and ask if anything is bothering you.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 16th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Thanks for caring about forum members, Al. That's just the way the Doans are, caring people. We all care a lot about Marilyn, and hope that if she cares to continue, she feels comfortable to return. We would all welcome her back with open arms. If she chooses to back away, we will miss her terribly.

K. McEuen
February 16th, 2013, 04:41 PM
I may PM you, during the overnight hours, which is when I read the forums, and ask if anything is bothering you.

*grin*
I'm going to start making notes so I'll be ready - "It all started when I was about 5 ..." Cheaper than a shrink! Love ya. Al!

bkthomas
February 16th, 2013, 05:12 PM
*grin*
I'm going to start making notes so I'll be ready - "It all started when I was about 5 ..." Cheaper than a shrink! Love ya. Al!

Too funny Karen!

Thanks for all your hard work Al! Loving the new site!

Roxanne
February 16th, 2013, 07:03 PM
I, for one, am thankful that someone cares enough to monitor this forum and is making sure nothing is amiss. I'm sorry for the problems of late and hope we can start anew and concentrate on quilting and encouraging each other.

New York Sue
February 16th, 2013, 07:30 PM
I, for one, am thankful that someone cares enough to monitor this forum and is making sure nothing is amiss. I'm sorry for the problems of late and hope we can start anew and concentrate on quilting and encouraging each other.

AMEN, Roxanne!
I've been a member a year, or better.
Never experienced the turbulence, of late.
What gives? Cabin fever?

janluna
February 16th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Thank you Al. We definitely don't need animosity on this site. I beg forgiveness for being quick to post. It's just that this site has been my God send. These people have kept me sane over the time I have been here, (with all my Granddaughter has been through) and they have always been loving and supportive with everyone. So, I guess I jump to the defense of our long time members. I don't want to see anyone starting trouble, and ruining this site. In doing so, I'm wrong, as it only adds to the turmoil. So I beg forgiveness, and will not post a response that could just start a cyber riot. I'm sorry. Thank you to you and your family for giving us a site that is so wonderful, loving, and supportive. Respectfully, Jan L.

HandsOffItsMine
February 16th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Alan/BillNye did reach out to me regarding my concerns about Marilyn's post. I'm glad to say we were able to clarify some things.

I'm hoping that the Essence of The Forum returns to normal sooner than later.

Momofmonsters5
February 16th, 2013, 08:53 PM
I missed a lot being gone all day.... Thanks for all your hard work, this is a fabulous place to visit everyday! Lol I pray every morning I don't want the daily deal! Hahaha

BellasQuilts
February 17th, 2013, 02:24 AM
I think I totally missed all that was going on, and glad I did. Al, you guys are awesome and so are the people on the forum. Hugs to all.

Monique
February 17th, 2013, 09:59 AM
I don't know what has happened and I don't care to know, but I would be really sad if Marilyn left. Thanks Al for all that you do here.