PDA

View Full Version : Saturday morning -

Blondie
February 16th, 2013, 08:20 AM

Happy Saturday Folksies

Today as most of you know is my personal Friday. Yays for me.

Yesterday at work was a bust. I had a huge hole in the day with some folks sickie and one poor dear who forgot what day it was. I was quite concerned that she was running late so with much apprehension called her home, hoping she had just overslept, all the while trying to remember her neighbor's last name in case she didn't answer the phone. No offense to anyone intended but when an 87 year old Southern Belle misses her hair appt - there IS need for concern. She was quite convinced it was still Thursday and almost had me convinced it was still Thursday. She couldn't keep her appt. as she had bridge club members coming for a luncheon to plan some bridge fest whatever.
With a whole the size of the Grand Canyon, I picked Sis up, ran to a supply house and back to salon to do Sis's hair. Met a lady from out of town who is just starting to quilt. Nice gal, gave her a card with my info on it, hope she shows up here.

Gonna get off line in a bit to enjoy some time with hubs before work. I smell that wonderful coffee brewing. yummm

Have a great weekend; I will not be back online until Monday sometime - perhaps even later - this next week is rush time with Mom and dr appts, some fun family staying over on their way back home, - y'all know we are a very close clan of cousins and such. Perhaps I will have time to stop in and see your smiley faces but if I am MIA, y'all know why.
Play nice, talk sweet, and for goodness sakes SMILE!

HdWench
February 16th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Good Morning Blondie and all,

So glad it's your Friday Blondie and sorry about the big hole in your day - no good to sit at work missing customers. Totally understand any woman of 87 missing an appointment would be of concern but glad she had her bridge ladies joining her for fun? (Is Bridge fun?) anyway...

Today DH said he has to go to Home Depot -- Well, that's right there near the "Grand Opening" of the Joann's they moved 3 blocks and coupons abound... so he can poke around flooring while I figure out what fabric needs a new home

Have a great day and happy quilting or relaxing

buckeyequilter
February 16th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Good morning....

I don't have much planned for the day. I finished quilting the fabric for my machine covers so I might just get busy working on those. That was on the list for my January UFO's - so it's time to get back in the groove and get busy here. I got some supplies yesterday to work on the March SS swap. I just have a ton of things I want to get going on.

Everyone have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 16th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Hi everyone! I get to watch the grandkids today while mom works. It is going to start soon, so my electronics will be taken over by them! No more forum checks! It's cold here, and some day soon thy are promising some snow. That's fun or the kids, not for the adults. Hope everyone has a good day!

Monique
February 16th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Good morning. Just a quick note. I will soon be off to work. Kiddos are home and I got a nice surprise when Greg and Jersey showed up too. I did not think he was coming. And for all of you who know I am not a dog person, Jersey slept with hubby and I on and off last night and I took her out this morning. Well it was more of a she took me out. LOL! I am getting to love my granddoggy. I will try and get a picture of her for you all to see. We are getting tighter all the time.

Have a great day everyone.

Iris Girl
February 16th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Good Morning all. Its cold here today not like yesterday where we seen sun and 50's. I did some more cutting of blocks for the cat quilt and started to sash my sewing groups BOM quilt. Have a few other projects on my todo list. Just took a beuatiful hot loaf of bread out of the bread maker so gorging on hot buttered bread before I waddle out the door to work

bhaggerty
February 16th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Good Morning to all!
Today is going to be a great day!
We have a basketball game at 8:30 am and a soccer game at 1 pm (provided it doesn't rain!
Then my MIL & FIL are taking all 3 kiddos for the night.
DH and I are going out for a nice steak dinner and a movie to celebtate Valentine's Day and 15 years together! Yay!
Picked up my machine from the local Bernina Dealer (routine once a year maintenance and cleaing- although it had been 3 years) and hope to back on track with my UFO list. January's and February's are sooooo close to being done! Have also been working on another one off the list but do not know when that number will come up!

Lonna
February 16th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

It looks like a lovely Saturday that I have chosen to take off. The sky is blue the sun is out a bit chilly, but now what to do. I have so many things that I want to do just don't know which way to turn. I have a tote to finish, squares to cut for my snowball quilt, a top to sandwich. The top I want to hand quilt so I will have something to do in the evenings so I can be in the same room with Wayne but that is going to require a trip to the LQS for some backing material. I was thinking of using a sheet that I have here at the house but it has been washed several times as where my top has not been prewashed. If I am going to hand quilt it which will be a first for me I sure don't want any problems down the line with it.

Have a great day all as I am about to dump this dog out of my lap and get myself moving.

aliaslaceygreen
February 16th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Good morning! Despite having been in the 60's earlier in the week they were calling for snow this AM....seems to have been rethought and we have rainy clouds hovering.... No big plans, of course!

Will have finished embellishing at least 3 of the dozen SBS I have by this evening; may try to get them up online....
Have a great weekend all!

Donna F
February 16th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Good morning lovely friends! What a weekend it has started to be. Yesterday afternoon I got a call from DD asking me to keep lil man for the weekend, you all know I jumped at that with delight but a few hours later after not showing up saying that possibly today she will bring him....we shall see. I have learned to not get too excited until he is in my arms and she is walking out the door because you never know with her. I do believe pepaw & I could do with more time with him. I have secret plans to take him to the toy store and spoil him when we do get him again.
DH woke up with hurting hands this a.m. He got a promotion this week and is expected another before summer when he replaces his boss. The vice president has warned him already, we are just waiting for the day to come. I am so proud of him. BTW this is the same company I retired from 2 years ago when dh & I worked together side by side.
Well wishes to all. Just an update on my nephew Baby Luke, he is doing so well, they may let him go home by Sunday!! If you are my friend on Facebook you can view videos family has posted, if you are not on my Facebook please feel free to add me.
Off to my sewing room to play with my pretties. Have a great weekend. Love and hugs to all!!

Donna

pcbatiks
February 16th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Good morning.......Iris Girl, no fair mentioning hot homemade buttered bread this early in the morning.......I'm drooling! Monique, so happy to hear that you & your granddog are becoming buddies. Lonna, enjoy your much deserved day off! Donna, glad to hear that Luke is doing well.....great news! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Sandy Navas
February 16th, 2013, 10:38 AM
No time to read everything - wanting to be with everyone here though. Off to work today, tomorrow and possibly Monday. My reprieve from the kid noises - sure hope Al survives while I'm gone.

I'll leave them all a note with Blondie's parting words. Play nice.

Hulamoon
February 16th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Good morning! I'm going to have my dd help me put the bike carrier on the car so I can take the donation bike down to the bike shop. The owner is going to help me put a bike rack on the back. I got the rack donated too! Then I need to call my new homeless friend so I can deliver it. I don't think he's homeless, just stays at some crashpad.

Then working on my other dd's birthday quilt. I'm so behind!

Ginny B
February 16th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Good Morning all. Happy Saturday. :icon_wave: It is much colder here this morning than it has been the last few days. Got some rain last night and they are saying maybe some snow tonight.

DH and I have a bunch of chores on our list for this weekend. One of which is to stop at Joann's. A lady that he works with wants some placemats made with the same material that I made a mug rug for her. Well, of course, I can't remember where I got it from but since I don't have any of it on my shelves, I am thinking I just picked up a fat quarter or something from Joann's. It is a rose pattern in grey/white. I fussy cut it so that the rose was centered so I have a feeling that whatever is left is in my scrap basket.

Dh also wants to go to the P.O. to renew our passports. We are thinking of taking a trip up to the Niagara Falls area this summer and going into Canada for a bit and exploring. Our passports expire this May.

We also have to run to my sister's and take care of her plants. She and her boyfriend (sounds weird to use that word when we are a bit on the more mature side, doesn't it?) are away on a long trip so I have plant duty.

I am also working on designing a small version of the double irish chain for some placemats for another co-worker of dh's. Just got to get my measurements down pat before I start cutting my strips. When I was taking those dreaded math classes way back "in the day" I never dreamed I would actually use what I was learning for something I enjoyed so much).

Monique, I am glad you and your grandpuppy are bonding. Mine was here with ds for a couple days this week and we enjoy our morning time outside too. Irisgirl, yum, homemade bread. Maybe I need to pull that breadmaker machine out of the cupboard and reacquaint myself with it. Donna, so glad Baby Luke is doing well. Jean, have fun those grandkids. Lonna, Happy Anniversary. Enjoy your special evening with DH. Hmmmm, Shirley, you just reminded me that I wanted to make a couple of sewing machine mats too. Guess I need to put that on my list too. Blondie, have a wonderful time with your visiting family. Glad your 87 yo Southern Belle is ok.

Oh, forgot to mention that on our list of "things to do" is still to finish putting away the Christmas decorations. LOL We are just a little bit behind schedule this year because of our family get-together a few weeks ago. DS got all the bins in for us when he came out to visit this week for a few days. He also took down the outside lights and put them away for us so we don't have to do that. It's way too chilly out there today for me to be playing in the bushes. LOL

Have a good day everyone. I'll check in later and see what everyone has been up to and I have a few pictures I want to post too.
Catch ya later, and as Blondie says, play nice.

Ginny B

gayk
February 16th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Good morning. Well I'm not 87 but I have forgotten my hair appts before. Get all the way home and remember it. Aggravating...now I put a reminder in my phone! LOL
I have two of my granddaughters this morning while mom works. Hubby is working also so it's just the three of us here. I am kind of being lazy....still in my jammies but need to get some laundry going.

ChristineB
February 16th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Good morning All!! It is a long weekend in Ontario (well, not for everyone, it's kinda silly - some people get Monday off, many stores are closed, some are open, I take Monday as vacation day because my office is open). Anyway, I'm in the car on my way to Ottawa to visit my sister and her family. It's about a 5-6 hour drive; we left the house this morning at 6:20 and we are more than half way there now. We will be enjoying the Winterlude festival in Ottawa and will be skating on the famous Rideau canal! I brought my warmest coat, gloves, snow pants, hat, sweaters, socks and everything else to keep warm!!! At least the sun is shinning bright!!!
Have a good weekend everyone!

CrazyMtnLady
February 16th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Good Morning all. Woke up to a pretty dusting of snow.

Got all the shelves done in the backroom so now we are going to build me a unit in the kitchen. :) I have all my food on the backroom shelves and my towels too. Still have a lot more things to put away.

I guess with building shelves and not being on here much in the last few days I have missed something along the way. I can't believe we are losing our auntiemern! She is such a part of this forum it won't be the same. :(

Have a great day...
Hugs and prayers to all.

MayinJerset
February 16th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Got worried awhile ago as we were getting a heavy falling of big snowflakes and DS#3 is driving down from Mass. with his 2 kids to our house but it stopped. Been fussy around doing nothing this morning to I better get a move on as they should be here early afternoon. Meatload, mac and cheese and a coffee cake need to be made and put in the oven so we can enjoy our visit.

Ginny, You're not the only one, I still have half of my Christmas dinnerware sitting on a small table. .

MRoy
February 16th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Good Morning! The sun is shining brightly and the birds are singing here...but it's still cold! Blondie, I would've been just like you when your elderly customer didn't show up and I'm sure she would appreciate your concern. I've been taking care of bills this morning (fun, fun!). I found an ad in our local paper for an estate sale close by next Saturday. There are 5 sewing machines listed. I may check that out if the weather will cooperate. These sales are usually outdoors under a tent and I don't like the cold.
I hope everyone has a great day!

HdWench
February 16th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Iris!! "hot homemade buttered bread" man oooo man we are all in the mood for hot bread I bet haha

Crazy like you I went off and actually did a bit of quilting so ??? again clueless

Sun's shining, cat's had their cream and treats and purrs abound

Debbie

cyndiofthevortex
February 16th, 2013, 03:29 PM
It's a great day here - DS Tim is visiting for 4 days from Texas. We haven't seen him for over a year. It could be that all of my seven children will be here today as well as all 5 of my DGChildren. Wouldn't that be great? I'm cooking all of Timmy's favorite foods while he's here so there will be good fun and good food. I couldn't ask for a better weekend.

DD Bethany is getting a baby to foster on Tuesday. We love having babies in the house. You can all start praying for Rachel if you will, that we will be a blessing to her no matter how long she is in our home.

Mailed by mug rug out this morning. Hope it is well received!

shannonsaulter
February 16th, 2013, 04:32 PM
GM all its my Thursday at work looking forward to Mon-Tue off...No sewing on Monday will be having a girls day with my 2 DD's at Disneyland!!!!
Have a great day all

grammakim04
February 16th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Happy Saturday everyone! I live in Alberta Canada and we are enjoying warm Chinook winds from the west. Most of the snow is gone from our yard and today we are sitting at +7C, which is very warm for here. Today I am starting a new quilt, it is the 3 Dudes Pattern but I am doing it in grey/black solids. (this is what the person requested that I am making it for).

Hope everyone enjoys their day!