PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Friday again!

janluna
December 17th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Were do the weeks go! It was just Friday yesterday. The older you get the faster it goes.
Have a good day everyone. Blondie our prayers are with you. Love you.

sally
December 17th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Good morning Jan. What is everyone's plans for the weekend? We are off to see my oldest stepdaughter. She lives about 1.5 away. She and her boyfriend will be having Christmas with his family this year so we are taking up there gifts and mommies (me) baking. As this is the season of miriacles she is ours. She has blossomed into a beautiful flower. She suffers from severe social anxiety disorder and they all told us she would never be capable of being independant. She showed them and now not only lived for awhile on the other side of Canada she has developed a relationship and can work with people. I am so proud of her!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Stay warm!
PS I have decided to try and get my brothers rag quilt done after all! Started it last night...eeek!

toggpine
December 17th, 2010, 02:08 PM
No doubt the time flies. I don't know if I'll get it all done before Christmas, but I'll give it a try!

I survived the preschool candy fest that was disguised as a gingerbread house making project. My darling daughter decided that the house was the place for the candy, not her tummy. So I managed to get her out of there with only part of a lollipop being consumed before it hit the floor and had to be thrown away. Other parents were not so lucky. Then again, they were sitting right there and could have stopped it. So I guess they get what's coming.

This this weekend I must sew. I should also clean the barn, uck. I think we will also try to do some cookie decorating with the youngest. She did well with the frosting at school, so we will give it a run here.

Today I am headed over to my mom's place to clean out her garage. She is missing a bin of Christmas decorations. When looking at the interior of her house, I am not sure how you would know there are some MIA, as every surface is covered with some form of holiday trappings. But she knows something is missing and there will be no rest until it is found. Every season/holiday has it's own decor and that involves multiple tote bins being shuffled in and out of the garage. It is kind of like one of those little square slide puzzles. You have one open space and you have to shift the pieces around until they are in order to make the picture. This is a little more dangerous as she has the totes stacked higher than my head. I have had it. So, today, I am going over to purge out the crap that didn't sell at the last garage sale and give the totes space along one wall where they won't be buried three deep. All I have to say is that when she passes on, or they move to a smaller place, there is going to be one heck of an estate sale. My sister and I have agreed that there are a few things we want for sentimental reasons, but the rest is over the top, and we don't need it at our house!
You ladies have a great day and take care!
Cathy

middlesis1966
December 17th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Hi Jan, have a blessed day! Cathy, it sounds like my mom and your mom have the same decor vibe going on. Mine has so much Christmas that she had to buy a shed just for that. Same with all the other holidays. Chritmas is the worst though. My sissys and bros go crazy over all of it. My one sissy just has fit after fit when she sees all the christmas stuff. I've just learned to go with the flow. It makes her happy so decorate away mommy!!! Omg Im doing the happy dance. The temp is no longer so cold you can see your breath while your inside to I finally dont have to wear a stocking hat all day and night. Plus the sun is out! Finally whew! I am so ready for a warm up. Come on tshirt weather. Saundra Im so happy for you. Its good to hear that she is doing so well. I'm going to tackle a simple tablerunner for a friend who has been a god send these last couple of months. I sure am gonna miss her when I have to take leave from work. She said she would come by and see me though. OOO and speaking of work. I will not have any worries about my health insurance when Im off for 6 wks. I'm so thankful for that. Its a huge load off my plate right now. WHEW!!!! Well gals have a happy friday and enjoy it. Im off to lay out in the sun, lol.

janluna
December 18th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Keep in touch with us Paula. We all love you. And we are all praying for you. :icon_hug: