PDA

View Full Version : TGIF time

Blondie
February 15th, 2013, 07:34 AM

Happy Friday Folksies

Its the day after Valentines Day. I should be on a sugar rush, but since I eat chocolate and drink coffee every day all day, it is nothing new for me. Asked Luscious what he really wanted for dinner yesterday and he said, I'd be happy with a bowl of cereal if you sit next to me. See, how does he think of these things? Aw. He purchased a single rose for my Mom, candy, a card besides the stuff I had for her. Same for Sis and DD. My Daddy would do this each year, and I think that Luscious is stepping up. We were all touched beyond words, each one of us thinking of Daddy and how he liked to remember his girls and always tell us we needed to be sweetened up. We all actually wound up at Mom's eating some of her leftovers for dinner. Tonite I will serve a bowl of cornflakes with fresh, sweet milk.

No sewing yesterday or today. Possibly none tomorrow. My middle son Josh is coming to visit tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing him. (Sewsoft - Josh is the child who would tell me I was as soft as a pillow - and he is a hugger as well. But then, so am I )

Enjoy your day, Happy Birthday again to our Bubby Barb and all the others who celebrate this day.
SMILE lots and lots. After all it's the weekend, and SOME lucky folks don't have to work tomorrow. And it ain't me!

CountryHut
February 15th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Good morning Blondie and all ... don't know why I am still getting up so early in the a.m.
I'm suppose to be on vacation . . HUH*~
I was sitting outside the cabin catching all the beautiful Georgia Stars . . hoping to see some morning Deer pass by . . but the only critter activity going on is the squirrels in the wall . . and we are STILL waiting for the service man ( since Monday) to come down to the cabin for other things as well . . love the cabin love setting and love the COLD
. but don't care for the service and the cost of it all .... suppose to be PEAK season -- for Valentines day . . but no one here but us . . with peak season it cost additional 100.00 a night . . . differently not worth the cost
but I am not tell hubby that . . I will wait until he says something and he will in due time
might head out to look for flea markets in the area . . . Helen GA has a ART and ??? plus craft fair tomorrow so we are stocking up on pain relievers today to feel good enough to walk tomorrow . . LOL*~

well off to see if I can catch a few more zzzzz before the hubby gets up -- lucky him - he's been able to sleep in

have a wonderful day everyone : )

buckeyequilter
February 15th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Good morning.....

Happy Birthday to Barb.

I'm taking a vacation day today for my birthday....might go to the LQS and see if I want anything. Will probably spend the day out in my sewing room.

Well going to see DH off to work. Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

MRoy
February 15th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Good morning and TGIF! Happy Birthday Barb and Shirley! I'm traveling for work again today. Our area of 18 counties is so large that it can take most of a workday to visit an office.

Wishing everyone a great day!

Blondie
February 15th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Diane, I love Helen and Dahlonega - that whole area. Haven't been there in years but yeah, it is really for those who like to rough it up; I remember staying in a cabin there way back when and it was an experience in pioneering.
Depending on where you are and etc. you may have more luck in spotting a black bear instead of a deer. Enjoy.

Good morning Blondie and all ... don't know why I am still getting up so early in the a.m.
I'm suppose to be on vacation . . HUH*~
I was sitting outside the cabin catching all the beautiful Georgia Stars . . hoping to see some morning Deer pass by . . but the only critter activity going on is the squirrels in the wall . . and we are STILL waiting for the service man ( since Monday) to come down to the cabin for other things as well . . love the cabin love setting and love the COLD
. but don't care for the service and the cost of it all .... suppose to be PEAK season -- for Valentines day . . but no one here but us . . with peak season it cost additional 100.00 a night . . . differently not worth the cost
but I am not tell hubby that . . I will wait until he says something and he will in due time
might head out to look for flea markets in the area . . . Helen GA has a ART and ??? plus craft fair tomorrow so we are stocking up on pain relievers today to feel good enough to walk tomorrow . . LOL*~

well off to see if I can catch a few more zzzzz before the hubby gets up -- lucky him - he's been able to sleep in

have a wonderful day everyone : )

Blondie
February 15th, 2013, 08:29 AM

Happy Birthday to you Shirley!

Good morning.....

Happy Birthday to Barb.

I'm taking a vacation day today for my birthday....might go to the LQS and see if I want anything. Will probably spend the day out in my sewing room.

Well going to see DH off to work. Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

Cathy F
February 15th, 2013, 08:30 AM
A very happy birthday to Barb & Shirley, hope you both have a wonderful day!

It's early yet, couldn't sleep so I'm sitting here enjoying the beauty of the snow in our back yard where it is pretty much untouched.haven't decided what to do today but that's the beauty of being retired. I should try to do some sewing since I haven't really done any all week. Well off for a cup pa then I'll decide.
Extra hugs. for all those that could use a few extra today.

dwil23
February 15th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Good morning all! Got a lot of quilting time in yesterday, just didnt accomplish as much as I had hoped. Going back today, but it will be for a short time as I have to work tonight. I'm a little nervous this morning as we are taking our two elder dogs - a dachshund (Roxanne) that is at least eleven (she was a stray and we have had her nine years) and my little chi (Beanie) who is ten to have their teeth cleaned and it is always a risk when they have anesthesia. They are both in great health and have passed all the blood tests, but I am still a little on edge and praying for them.

Have a great day everyone!

Granny Judy
February 15th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Bestest Day Ever Wishes going out to Barb & Shirley. You know you deserve a big ol Hug..

Up and at it again today. I'm so behind on the GFW blocks (see the groups area-Grandaughter Farmers Wife) That it will take me the rest of this month to get caught up. I just had to do one more quilt before starting this project.. Now I just have to buckle down and get caught up..
DD came checking on me since I have hidden in my sewing closet with sharp scissors, and glue sticks. She loves it when I finish another quilt.. And always wants to know what I'll be doing next. "But Mom, That isn't Fabric you are cutting out!" Little does she know---- I'm getting those crazy templates ready for a Marathon Sewing Spree. Got a link up for PP (paper piece) too, should I get stuck with a lot of little fiddlie fabric.

Crock pot meal and fend for yourself DAY.... I'm sewing!!

Bubby
February 15th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Thanks everyone for the birthday pm's and posts....it's hard to believe I'm 66...just yesterday I was young! Not whining, there's a ton of life and quilts left in this old girl!! I share a birthday with our Shirley and that tickles me. I haven't known many who share the same birthday with me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHIRLEY!!!!!

Wishing everyone a great Friday...now I'm off to party in my sewing room!!!! Hugs, Barb

Lissau
February 15th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Happy Birthday Barb and Shirley

buckeyequilter
February 15th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Thanks everyone for the birthday pm's and posts....it's hard to believe I'm 66...just yesterday I was young! Not whining, there's a ton of life and quilts left in this old girl!! I share a birthday with our Shirley and that tickles me. I haven't known many who share the same birthday with me.

Wishing everyone a great Friday...now I'm off to party in my sewing room!!!! Hugs, Barb

I don't know many people that share my birthday either except Susan B. Anthony *lol*

I just ordered some fabric for curtains and valances for my sewing room and I love the DD today!

I think I might go up to the bar and get some breakfast, my brother could be found there every morning drinking coffee and chatting with the locals. Then, like Barb, the party will be in my sewing room :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO BARB! Enjoy your day.

grannyann
February 15th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Happy Birthday Barb and Shirley. Hope you both have a great day..

Sandy Navas
February 15th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Another happy birthday wish to two of my very favorite peeps - Barb and Shirley, may you have a wonderful day and forget about age!!!

How did it get to be Friday? Time seems to be slipping through my fingers just like sand. The little ones are keeping me hopping, laughing, smiling, bending over, getting frustrated, but they all share hugs.

I'm hoping to get my bottom into the sewing room today. Managed to squeeze in a couple of hours yesterday afternoon - and then I was invaded. Zoe, at 4, tells everyone that Nana taught her to sew . . . she can barely see over the top of the sewing cabinets. Speaking of which - when I took my Diamond in for service they told me it should be back by the 14th of February. Rita was with me and kept reminding me, on the way home, that I forgot to go back and get my sewing machine. So cute - and I told her they said around the 14th of February. Yesterday morning, the first thing out of her mouth was "Nana, can I go with you to pick up your sewing machine?" She wasn't here when they called and said the local repair shop couldn't fix it and they sent it to the regional shop. Who knows when I'll get it back. I have no idea how it got flubbed up - but it must be bad.

Everyone enjoy the day, don't work too hard, play if you can, and stitch, stitch, stitch.

BTW got up early and found a dusting of snow on the ground - not expected. We must have had a squall hurry through here on it's way East.

Monique
February 15th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Good morning everyone. The concert last night was wonderful. Supper was not so great as my girlfriend and I shared a pizza and guess what we found in it. A HAIR! UGH!! Needless to say we did not have to pay for that. Got home about 1 am. I drove home in yucky weather but I made it. I am a little tired this morning. I work today and tomorrow morning and then I am done. My surgery date is next Tuesday. No worries, I am only getting a deep cleaning. I will be just glad it will be over.

Kiddos arrive today. I need to get the turkey and the ham out of the freezer today. Well I am off. Have a wonderful day friends. Barb & Shirley, hapy birthday to you both.

MayinJerset
February 15th, 2013, 09:56 AM
39895 To our Birthday girls, have a great day.

Delivering hurricane quilts this morning, DS#3 and kids will be here tomorrow and the quilts are piled up all over our living room. Son and kids are on their way to CA as the kids are on Winter break. They couldn't get local flights as most New England schools are on break too, seems everyone is heading out of town. They'll spend Sat. with us and take off on Sunday from Newark, NJ. Might have them visit again on their way back to Mass. but not sure.

Now that the quilts are all taken care of I need to start working on a quilt block of the Sandy Hook Light House, it's due first week in March for my Quilt & Book Small Group. Also need to begin filling up my Secret Pal box. We already have themes up to March but I haven't decided on Jan and Feb gifts. Do have a few ideas or things set aside that are 'maybes'.

DH said coffee is done, so see you gals later. May

Quiltlover
February 15th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Happy Birthday Ladies. Do exactly what YOU Want all day long. That's what I try to do on my Birthday now. Retired and at 66 also I think we have earned that. LOL

Also can't believe I am 66....where did the time go?! My mom is about to turn 98!! Life does slip by when we are busy!!!
Make today Special...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brenda

aliaslaceygreen
February 15th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Good morning, Happy Friday, happy birthday Barb and Shirley!
I am spending today in more or less a foot up position...think I overdid yesterday... aggravating! But.... there you have it.
No great plans, then, except to work on embellishing another SBS block or two...
Looks like rain is on the way...
Yesterday though there were two signs of spring...one ...the daffy's are popping up all over in the side yard, and two, that pesky woodpecker returned and started beating on the bedroom wall, letting me know he's back!
Take care, have a great day!

New York Sue
February 15th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Happy Birthday, Barb and Shirley! Make the most of YOUR day!
I hope we hear soon from sewbizzy. If I recall correctly, she had hip surgery yesterday...
Have a great day all!
Just 32 days and 10 hours till spring. WOOHOO!

CrazyMtnLady
February 15th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Good morning everyone. Happy Birthday to Barb and Shirley.
Worked on the backroom shelves again all day yesterday. We have a few more shelves to do today and then I can start putting things on the shelves and getting the house back in order. It sure will be nice to have more room to put things. Although a lot of the shelves will be for DH's gun and hunting things, I will be using some of the shelves to keep the towels on and also pantry because we buy in bulk and case lots so we always have a lot of extra food to store.

Glad I don't live in Russia.....that Meteor that hit earth injured around 500 people! How scary is that!!!!!!!!!!!! Do we have any members in Russia?

I would love to sew but I can't even get to my sewing machine because of all the clothes and stuff that was taken out of the back room before we started this project. :( Next project is shelves in the kitchen which I have been wanting for a long long time. Maybe even once we get the back room done I can get him to just continue on because all the saws and equipment is out!!!!! Woohoo.

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Lisapc
February 15th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Well it's a birthday day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Barb and Shirley!

What am I doing today? I am cleaning this morning including spraying the area rugs in the living room and family room. With the storm last weekend my beasts got past me when they were wet and each took a nap on the rug of their choice. So if you are on the floor you can vaguely smell wet dog. I hate that. So I will vacuum each rug twice and give them a good spray of Natures Miracle and the smell will go away forever. Then they will pout because they won't be allowed in there. They are their right now napping.

I got a table from hubby last night as my Valentine. It is huge and I am going to try and get it set up today but I don't think I will be able to because of the weight. Anyway, once it is done I won't be coming out of that room ever unless I am forced to do something like be a mom or a wife. I can't wait to be sewing with my music on and not having to pick up my projects in order to serve dinner in the dining room. So weird.

My mother called after dinner last night because her and my Dad wanted to come by and give our Lil' Guy his Valentine and he was such a big shot saying, "Nana, I want to see you but I have baseball tonight and wont' be home, you are welcome to come over tomorrow when I get home from school". So my parents will be here around 4 pm and my daughter and granddaughter are coming at around 4:30 pm to hang out because her hubby is working until 8 pm. It is going to be a loud, long night. I can't wait.

Have a happy day all!

gayk
February 15th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday to all and Happy Birthday to our birthday ladies! I started on my amish with a twist II yesterday...got frustrated at first but then went back and started on it again. I got two of 12 night and day blocks done.
Watching the news with reports on Carnival Triumph...oh my I can't imagine being on a ship like that. I went on a cruise to Hawaii last April with my sister and our best friend. We had a blast but wow...can you imagine something like this happening?? Oh dear.
I must do some cleaning before going to sew....I must do some cleaning before I go sew....I must repeat this to myself so I don't just head downstairs! LOL

pcbatiks
February 15th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Happy Birthday Shirley and Barb..........hope you both have a great day!

CountryHut
February 15th, 2013, 11:45 AM
YIKES*~ . . Bears? . . . don't think I want to see any bears - the doors are this place aren't that secure - oh my*~ . . . I did see the tail end of a deer a few days ago . . thats why I was hoping to see more -- don't know why really . . as I see and feed the ones coming through my yard :) . . .
I think the next time we come up this way - We'll get a place in Helen -
most of the stores are closed down for the season - or they are flooded and won't open again for another week or so . . *pooh*~
we won't be here --
we are looking forward to the craft show and such . . and I want to go back to Blairsville before we leave -- there is a little 5 and 10 cent store there -- the elder lady has been renting that store for 62 years - she's 87 yr young --
boy could she tell some stories that goes on in the town circle . . .

Happy Birthday to the Birthday babes : ) hope you have a wonderful day

I smell breakfast cooking -- thank goodness I have a hubby who loves to cook . :)

Diane, I love Helen and Dahlonega - that whole area. Haven't been there in years but yeah, it is really for those who like to rough it up; I remember staying in a cabin there way back when and it was an experience in pioneering.
Depending on where you are and etc. you may have more luck in spotting a black bear instead of a deer. Enjoy.

auntiemern
February 15th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Happy Friday All. Not much sewing around here today. Maybe this evening. Have the GK's all day. Wish all a wonderful day filled with what ever you want. Hugs and blessing to all, prayers for those in need.

shannonsaulter
February 15th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Good morning everyone!!!
Happy birthday to Bard and Shirley!!!!!
It's the middle of my work week so only get a wee bit of see time
before I go...got my mug rug swap name and am going to get a package
ready.
I was asked to make another purse so am excited...
I am working on a special piece and hope to get that done and in the mail soon..
Well everyone have a great day and Smile!!

toggpine
February 15th, 2013, 02:42 PM
So much for Friday all to myself!
Hubby called and he has his 40 hours in @ 10 AM! I don't understand why he doesn't tack on an hour an day and save the trip in on Fridays. He works for a marine repair company and his schedule is pretty flexible. The biggest concern is getting the work done. He has done 4-10's for years, so I'm not sure what the deal is. Oh well. He should be home by 1 PM at the latest.

I have nearly finished the one block on the quilt that needed to be hand quilted. I have done everything else on the machine, but I'm without the ability to FMQ at the moment. I was not going to try to muscle this quilt through tight curves and curly cues with my walking foot. I am hoping that by this evening I can be working on the binding, but that may be a pipe dream. If I can get the binding made & at least sewn down tonight, then I can start hand sewing it tomorrow morning while watching PBS & the sewing shows!
I'm sure there is something else, but I need to get going or the day will be gone before I know it!

Happy Birthday ladies! Make it a great one!

Hugs, Cathy

lilmouse
February 15th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Afternoon everyone....sunny day here...Happy Birthday to the Birthday Girls....Donna, it would be great if you can get your kitchen shelves made! Happy for you! Nothing new going on here.....I do have ringworm...saw the Doc the other day...when I went to the ER they said allergic reaction to spider bite...what to they know? So meds for that, meds for asthma..yada, yada...beyond that there is nothing new in my world...just wanted to say hi to everyone!

kensington
February 15th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Good morning and Happy Friday to all and Happy Birthday to our birthday ladies! I started on my amish with a twist II yesterday...got frustrated at first but then went back and started on it again. I got two of 12 night and day blocks done.
Watching the news with reports on Carnival Triumph...oh my I can't imagine being on a ship like that. I went on a cruise to Hawaii last April with my sister and our best friend. We had a blast but wow...can you imagine something like this happening?? Oh dear.
I must do some cleaning before going to sew....I must do some cleaning before I go sew....I must repeat this to myself so I don't just head downstairs! LOL

I know. Dh asks me all the time if I want to go on a cruise, I don't think I really do. Scary.

But, as for Friday. I always love Friday, it's the weekend and we have plans to be out and about together. Will be going downtown and then picking up the grandkids for a slumber party. That's always fun. I hope everyone has a good weekend. Sunshine and blue skies here!

Claire Hallman
February 15th, 2013, 06:16 PM
At least the ship fire was not on an airplane.:o I don't think anyone was hurt and Carnival did the best they could in a bad situation.

Happy Birthday Girls! enjoy your special day.
we are having sunshine for the second day in a row and it is mah ve lous. I hear birds singing and have seen a few flowers showing their leaves and even a few flowers popping out. Spring will be here before we know it.

bhaggerty
February 15th, 2013, 06:25 PM
One of my best friends and her DH were on that awful cruise stranded out in the Gulf of Mexico! They have crazy stories! Just glad they made it home ok! They have 4 young children, one with special needs and it was really hard on the kids! The 4 yr old twins ending up staying with their grandparents in San Antonio (3 hours away) and the other 2 boys ( one in elementary and the other in middle school stayed with 2 other families due to school and sports teams/games. They are all glad to be home! We are not planning any cruises any time soon!!

Lonna
February 15th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies,

Sounds like everyone had wonderful plans for the day. It was just a normal friday at work for me. I am looking forward to this weekend as I am taking one of those rare Saturdays off. That may just call for a trip to the LQS really needing to get into my sewing room as I have not been able to find the time to get in there the past two weekends. I sure do miss that time. Well almost time to start getting ready to finish up this day and get out of here. Have a great evening.

quiltingtrish
February 15th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Happy Birthday Gals! I hope it's a good one!!

That metorite in Russia - wow, isn't that something? A gal that my BFF works for is in Siberia this week and next on a mission trip. I wonder what she saw? She goes every 2 years and said the average temperature where she is - is about 40 below 0. That certainly is not for me.

Hope to work on that border tonight. Just waiting on some eggs to cook so I can have some egg salad for dinner. I love it when it's warm.

More snow showers on the way tonight in to tomorrow morning. That's ok, I heard the birds singing when the sun was coming up. Spring is coming! Of course, the bluebirds stayed all winter. They have a favorite tree out back and grace my presence while I am birdwatching. Too bad I don't have a decent camera to capture them.

Well, happy sewing to those that can sew tonight!
Hugs,

HdWench
February 15th, 2013, 08:37 PM
I hope Shirley and Barb have the most wonderful day, Happy Birthday to you lovely young ladies

:-Debbie