PDA

View Full Version : Weds 12/15

toggpine
December 15th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Aaack! It is the 15th already! Only 10 more days until Christmas. Oh crap, I am so far behind. Denial was a beautiful thing, until reality hit!
I have to get some serious stuff done the rest of this week. The tree is up and some of the presents are here, some are still be to sewn. Double ugh.
I had better get off of this time sucking machine and get to it!
Let the crazy merrymaking begin!
Hugs, Cathy

Keepstitchin
December 15th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Thanks Toggpine, I just did not want to step on any toes.
I sure hope things are OK with Blondie....unusual for her not post anything!

My boy is doing much better this morning, fever is gone, but his tummy is still a bit sensitive. It was way to quiet around here with him not feeling well, now it is too noisy!! :icon_happy::icon_happy:

Cathy, I am glad the storm didn't cause any more damage to you!

My FIL had his initial consultation with the docs yesterday, and they are going to use a pill that targets the actual cancers and not chemotherapy. While this will not cure him, it may stop or possibly reverse the growth and put him almost back to normal. They are pretty positive this is the best course of treatment for him. I don't know what the name of this pill is, but it has had good results so far in other patients.

I am now behind on my Christmas sewing as well and better get busy!! I hope everyone has a warm, safe day!
:icon_wave:

janluna
December 15th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Well, we lucked out again and didn't get but a couple of inches of snow. The cold on the other hand just came sweeping down the plain. We had windchill of 7 and 10 below 0. Ccc cold! Looks like our area is not getting any snowfall like Buffalo and Syracuse. We are right in the middle of these two snowy cities.
Lana has decided to take her quilt to some ladies in her church to hand quilt her quilt. If they won't do it, I'm going to ask my group to make it go faster. If not I told her I would be glad to do it for her and send it back as it belongs in her family. I think giving it back to her is important. It will be to her husband as the quilt means a lot to him. I can't in good conscious take it away from her. I hope her church group helps her. That way she can work on it too when she feels good.
Blondie and Gina my prayers are with you. Cathy I'm also praying for your son. Love to all, Jan

sewsoft
December 15th, 2010, 03:50 PM
What a day I'm having.... Today I posted on yesterday's post instead of today's I just figured that out when I did not see my post from this morning and found it posted under Tuesdays :lol:.
I'm so happy Lana has decided to keep her quilt. It will mean so much to her husband and family. Have a good one everyone.

NM Lady
December 15th, 2010, 04:38 PM
My goodness this year is going fast! Christmas....only 10 days.....

Hope all those who are snowed under are keeping warm.

This group is amazing. I'm so glad someone is going to quilt the quilt and return it to the her as her family will really appreciate it.

God bless and take care!

middlesis1966
December 15th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Hi my quilting sissys!!! I have to agree Jan its down right CCCCCold. Since I had to leave my nice warm welding area for the packaging area, I have lost my warm work area, GRRRRR. I work right by the warehouse and they do heat it, brrr, so my work area is cold, but not as cold as the warehouse. But I just have to keep telling myself its for the best. Christmas is approaching. I cant believe it. Where has the year gone. Well girls I hope you all have a warm night tonight. Take care!!!

craftyladysam
December 15th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Oh Paula, so sorry you are cold while you work! Do you dress in layers? I sure would. You are right to call me a sissy bc it doesn't get very cold here and if it does it doesn't stay long. We may get ice tonight and tomorrow but it will be gone next day. It is 30f right now at 8:00 pm thats cold for us. It stays about 40 or 50f here. This has been the coldest December yet. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers while you work and maybe that will help you. See ya later sweet potatas. Saundra

middlesis1966
December 15th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Oh dear Saundra I wasnt meaning to call you a sissy in a bad way. I was meaning it in a sister way. This is what I call my sisters. I cal them sissys instead of sisters. I do dress in lots of layers. Thanks. Its time for a winter thaw aleady, lol. Stay warm all. And if you live where its warm your very lucky!!!!

sally
December 16th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Paula ...My family is Scottish and we use the term sissy as well to refer to our sisters. Sadley I don't have any but my mom had three and that is how she referred to them. The other sissy term we refered to as chicken. Hope you are staying warm!