PDA

View Full Version : Christmas came early to my home...

doubleup
December 13th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Just a bit early, but boy did my DH rack up some "great husband of the year" points when he came walking in the door with a brand spankin new sewing machine for me for Christmas. He actually went and bought it on his own, which, if your DH is anything like mine, meant that HE ACTUALLY LISTENED TO WHAT I SAID!!!!!! It's a Brother SQ-9000 and it is already out of the box, setup and I sewed on it for a few hours last night!

Then, as if that wasn't enough, he called me a little bit ago and said that my other present was ready and we could pick it up on Friday. Not knowing what he meant, he told me to check my email and I would see a picture of my other present... This is the picture I saw when I opened my email message...

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad81/doubleup4691/Belle.jpg

Is she not the cutest, tiniest little thing you've ever seen! Her name is Belle, she's 7 years old and weighs only 6 lbs. I can't wait to go pick her up on Friday!!!! She'll be my new quilting buddy!!!!

Hope ya'll have a fantastic day, stay warm!!!

sewsoft
December 13th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Isn't that the sweetest thing ever. Enjoy:D

izzymomma
December 13th, 2010, 03:09 PM
WOW! Your DH did do good!
She is so cute! Love the little dogs :icon_bigsmile:

Patrice
December 13th, 2010, 03:22 PM
wonderful hubby!

Susan B
December 13th, 2010, 03:55 PM
How special is THAT! So happy for u. Enjoy your wondeful gifts

craftyladysam
December 13th, 2010, 03:56 PM
See Margaret I told you there was a Santa Claus! WOW! I can just feel the excitement in your words! Belle is soooo sweet! Thank you, Lord for Christmas!

doubleup
December 13th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Thank you all so much!!! I am one of those prudes when it comes to Christmas that thinks it's a whole lot better to give than receive, afterall it's the Lord's birthday, not miine, but hubby did great this year!!!

Craftyladysam - where in NC are you located? I'm real close to the mountains!!

quiltingtrish
December 13th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Belle sure is a cutie! Sounds like Friday can't come fast enough!

And, a new sewing machine - wow - I'll say Santa came early! Have fun sewing on it and can't wait to see your new projects.

Hugs,

Ellie37
December 13th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Your marvelous husband came up with two wonderful gifts. You are so fortunate. Enjoy!

sally
December 13th, 2010, 06:25 PM
You are triple blessed! A wonderful husband a new sewing machine and a new buddy. Enjoy them all!

debinmalaga
December 13th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Belle is an itsy bitty beauty, for sure. Enjoy her, your new sewing machine, and congrats on your thoughtful hubs!

janluna
December 13th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Merry Christmas. And congratulations on the newest member to your family. Belle is adorable. Hugs, Jan

rougealar
December 13th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Great presents, great husband :)

Keepstitchin
December 14th, 2010, 04:21 PM
What a great husband! Merry Christmas!

Carol_Ann
December 14th, 2010, 08:18 PM
What a guy. He must love you very much! Such wonderful gifts too!

jrchapman
December 14th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Belle is so cute. I really love it when people adopt dogs rather than buying puppies bred for sale. There are so many unloved dogs in the world.

Your presents are amazing and so thoughtful. Plus, getting them early means you can concentrate on the best parts of Christmas day, family, fun and joining together to celebrate a very special day!