PDA

View Full Version : Another wet Monday

janluna
December 13th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Good morning Ladies, Just a note to complain about the weather. It's really cold and raining, and the weatherman said its all going to turn to ice, then start snowing. Now they are saying it's going to skip over us again and leave us with only 3 to 6 inches of snow. Where is a good snow storm when you need one. Gina must be hogging all the good stuff as she got lambasted. She is probably still digging out trying to find her walk way. I'm a bit worried though as my hubby has to go fight the ice to do his job. That ice is far worse than snow. But he is a good driver. I just worry about the other guy not paying attention to where he is going or losing control on the ice.
I'm keeping all your family in prayer Blondie. Trish have a wonderful few days with your boy. Can you get off work to spend time with him? I hope you can. Then again grown up kids want to see their friends more than their family. They don't realize that we are silently begging them to stay home with us. Their just young and full of themselves. I hope you get that time you so heartily want with him.
Gina I hope you can find a way out of the snow bank you are living in. Good luck.
Love, the other Jan

Lola2Ace
December 13th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Weather is worse here today than yesterday. Sub-zero temps, windy and blowing snow and we are to get several more inches. I have to work and I just hate driving in this stuff. I have a 40 minute commute that easily turns into much more travel time with road conditions like this. I have done it for 10 years now and am ready to not do it anymore, but I will just continue on and make the best of it. I need to get to the library for more audio books to help pass the time, that's for sure.
Prayers to you and your family Blondie.
I hope everybody is safe and warm.
Lola

toggpine
December 13th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Good Morning Ladies!
PLEASE be careful out there in all of that snow & ice. Our weather is straightening out here. There is flooding in some areas, but not as bad overall as they feared.
Keep warm and be safe if you have to get out and drive in that stuff!
Cathy

craftyladysam
December 13th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Lola and Jan my thoughts and prayers go with you while you are out and bout in this winter weather! It's just cold here! 36f Maybe some snow or ice on Thursday this week. Still working on Christmas gifts. Gotta wrap some soon!
Bless you and your family,Blondie, we all are praying for you. Be careful yourself and don't forget to rest . You are very important to alot of people you know! Well back to the machine. Oh, hubby calls me his sew and sew. LOL:lol::lol:

quiltingtrish
December 13th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Prayers for those that have to drive in the white stuff and whatever else is out there. We got flurries here in Central PA this morning and then disappeared. Don't know if anything is still coming tonight and tomorrow or not. We are supposed to go out to dinner with a couple in their 80's tomorrow night but have already told them that it is not looking promising. And they want to go to some place up in the mountains north of here? Not in the winter for me!

Anyhow -
Blondie - praying for you and your parents and your brother (in-law?)

Jan - can't take time off work to spend with Odie and that's okay cause I took off 3 days to go get him, I get off the 23rd early around 1'ish for the Holiday and don't have to go back until after the New Year. Since he leaves on the 27th, I'll have time with him. :)

Katie is driving me up the wall. Just normal teenage kid stuff. I try to overlook some of it, just trying to last without going insane before she grows up some more. I hear for females, that hits around the age of 26?

Hope you all have a good evening - thinking of those that have to drive home yet.

Hugs,

sally
December 13th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Slushy here! The big snow fall we had sat. night is slowly melting but we are supposed to get colder temps. Right now though the sun is shineing and I am enjoying while I can.
Gave up on the idea of getting my brother's rag quilt done in time for Christmas. He will just have to wait until next year... So I will finish up my baking, watch a few Christmas specials and work on my quilt top with the blocks from our summer exchange.
Please be careful out there and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your families.

quiltingtrish
December 13th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Hey Shauna - how about finishing the rag quilt for his birthday? I had 2 quilts finished in September - I think it was - and it took me so long to get the one done (several years) that I decided to give them to my sisters then and not wait any longer. My oldest sister was so very sick a few years ago and I had already started hers at that point - well, we had about a 25% chance of her pulling through what she was going through. And it was 'just like that - so quick - that she got sick' and now I don't wait for special occasions anymore. Life is just to short to wait on time and for special days to get here. If it happens to be their birthday or Christmas and I have something for someone done and ready - well, that's what makes it wonderful to give - not to be a crazy person like I was a few years ago and was even sewing in the freezing cold basement on Christmas morning to finish up a pile of rice bags for gifts. You know, I don't even think anyone that I gave those too even uses them!
It's nice to give quilts at Christmas, but sometimes the craziness with trying to get them done - well - I just can't see that.
My kids were supposed to have their I SPY's last Christmas but there was no way I was finishing them in time so they got them for Valentine's Day. I thought that was was a great idea!
Off my high - stool here - who is working on a few table runners in the hopes I get them finished in time, but one never knows!

Hugs,

janluna
December 13th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Its getting colder and colder here. We expect wind chills well below 0% tonight.
Trish I'm so happy you have some more time with Odie. God knew what he was doing when he gave me sons. They are so much easier to raise than girls. We adopted our daughter when she was 16, and have had more trials with her than we ever had with the boys. Love her dearly and I wish I had her when she was much younger. It may have made a difference.
Blondie get rest, Saundra is right, a lot of people are depending on you and you don't need to get sick too. Prayers are with you and your parents and BIL and your hubby as he is your person to depend on. Love you all, God Bless, Jan