PDA

View Full Version : Monday, Dec 6

Blondie
December 6th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Good Morning Ladies
Company is officially gone. Our Saturday visitors stayed an extra day because we got so much snow on Saturday. It is virtually gone now, thank goodness. That's the way I like my snow ~ here today, gone tomorrow. We in this area just get so spastic with the white stuff.

I am thankful to be able to sit and share my first (or second) cuppa coffee with y'all. I meant to pop in last week and say:

http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w336/frazay99/Christian%20and%20Scriptures/Hannukah.jpg

Cathy, hope you finished your aprons. I have a few apron patterns that require too much altering to fit right. I just say forget it for me. I really long for a nice old fashioned kind of apron like my great granny would wear. With all the apronista craze of the past few years, I haven't seen one just like it. Wah.

Jan, what a nice gift for you. Of course, Laura is gift enough, isn't she?

Check in later, have a good day.

ginampls
December 6th, 2010, 12:24 PM
just curious, " what did Grannies apron look like?"

i am getting better. because i had awful cold. i kinda let the house go... so i am sorting laundry... making bread i machine. dishes. and you know the daily stuff that never stops... but abbey my 7 1/2 year old... she put her laundry away!!.. so awesome... she kept saying to me, "I'm not a baby"...

want to try new quilt stuff. but i haven't found the time... i need to quilt a top for x-mas... today chores tomorrow quilting.

toggpine
December 6th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Morning all!

Blondie, nice to have you back! I bet it is nice to have your house back to just the two of you. I nearly got the aprons finished. I just have to stitch down the pockets. I had a request to snuggle, and who can refuse that?
Gina's words about her daughter saying she's "not a baby" have been heard here from my 4 year old. They may not think so, but they will ALWAYS be our babies. Cuddle time has gotten shorter as she has gotten older. I figure I should take advantage of all of the snuggles I can get before they are a rare commodity. Besides, at 13 she isn't going to fit on my lap so well!
Gina, I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. It sounds like your daughter was trying to help you with chores. What a blessing that is. If my daughter could only teach my step-son.... Em loves to help put away the dishes out of the dishwasher. We count all of the plates as she hands them to me. She can reach the silverware drawer on her own now, so she empties that bin too. She also loves to "drive" the vacuum. I take out one of the handle extension pieces and she can drag it all over the kitchen pretty well. The bigger power head for the carpet gives her some trouble, but she'll work at it until she gets bored. I don't care if she doesn't finish. At four, I don't expect her to clean the whole house. The fact that she thinks these things are fun is what matters. If it isn't a horrible task, then perhaps as she gets older she'll do them more readily. Time will tell.
I hope Shauna made it home from her work excursion OK.
Laura, congrats on your daughter's new job!
Sewsoft, did you ever get warmed up? Shell, how did dinner go?
Trish, keep spoiling your son, you know he loves it!
Anybody heard from Hillbilly in a while? I know she had a full plate.
Jan you are a sweetie! Just in case nobody told you that today!

Take care all! I'll see you around here later! I have some apron pockets to sew down!
Cathy

Lola2Ace
December 6th, 2010, 03:21 PM
good afternoon! Wow, it's been awhile since I've been able to post on the daily chat. So much is happening in our lives. My job situation is a bit better, I was able to save my health insurance,for now, and that is the most important thing. It is cold cold cold and snowy here, 2 inches yesterday and another 2 forecast for today. Youngest DD put her car in the ditch yesterday at the end of our road, no injuries-thank the Good Lord and no damage to the car.
Today, I am multi-tasking to the hilt! Embroidery machine is running with items for another craft show this weekend, laundry is in progress, I am running the sweeper,cleaning the bathroom,changing sheets on the bed--time for flannel sheets!, DH is putting up the Christmas tree, and I have a somewhat plan on what to make for dinner.
Trish, so glad Odie is home and enjoying the family!
Shauna, did you take your sewing machine on your work trip? I was so glad I took mine when DD and I took our little trip this past summer.
Hillbilly......missinig you, Bridgett,Laura and where oh where has Nicole gone???
I am trying to catch up......but have a long way to go.......well, break time is over.
Lola

janluna
December 6th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Yes Blondie, Laura is all the gift I need. It was so sweet of her to spoil me so. Today is laundry day, so I have been doing that since eight this morning. I still have two loads to go in the dryer. All the washing is done. I'm tuckered out. I did the bird cages and changed the dogs blankets so I could wash those. It's been cold and snowy. Buffalo has over 3 feet of the stuff. We are lucky here we've only had some inches not feet. West of us got it and East of got it. The snow storm went right around us. That's what usually happens here. Once in a while we get hit hard but that hasn't happened since 1993. So we are due and I figure this is the year because we are long overdue.
Gina I hope you are getting better. You are also a gift to me. Please take care of you.
Love to all, Jan :icon_hug:

quiltingtrish
December 6th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Hi ya all!
Great to see those that haven't been on here in awhile. You've been missed.
Odie took me in to work this morning and picked me up. Of course I made him come in with me to see some of the teachers.
Sewing tonight. I want to make 2 of those 9 patch block quilts where you cut them up. Don't really know what size I'll make them - want to make table runners so I guess I'll just wing it. I'll cut and sew one of them and if I like it - will do that for the 2nd one. That's kind of how I make my quilts. I make up the measurements as I go along. One of them will be Civil War fabrics and the other will be bright solids. Can't wait to see how they'll look.

I hope you all are staying warm - very cold here in Central PA - I'm thankful I have heat!

Hugs,

sally
December 6th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Hi all.... I am back safe and sound. Thank you. Had a busy weekend with company both Friday and Sat night but did manage a Christmas tree hunt on Sat. with the youngest daughter and her boyfriend. It was his first time tree hunting. They bagged a nice one and had a great time. He is hooked! Our tree is a beaut as well! Will start to decorate it this week. I finished my rag quilt and it turned out real nice. Will post a pic. I am also making 4 more pillow cases and then may try to get another rag quilt done. We will see if I have time. I also have cards to write and post and cookies to bake. Busy Busy...I have the week before Christmas off so that will be my cleaning time before the company comes on the 23rd. WOW is the holiday coming upon us fast! Hugs to everyone!

sewsoft
December 6th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Hi Ladies it's good to hear from everyone.
Toggpine - I never warmed up I'm a freeze baby (so I'm always cold). Today We have 16 degrees right now.
ginampls- it's good to hear you are doing better
Have a good evening everyone.