PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Sunday!

quiltingtrish
December 5th, 2010, 02:25 PM
What a gorgeous day out there with the blue skies! Yes, very cold with the wind, but still beautiful to look.

We are enjoying Odie being home.

Will plan on sewing today and lasagna for dinner tonight. Yum! One of my favorites too! Looks like we'll be eating good this month as every meal will be what he would like.

Have a great day everyone!
Hope your company goes home soon Blondie, missing you around here.

Hugs,

shell.scraps
December 5th, 2010, 02:32 PM
I am getting used to having no hair. It is much colder than I thought it would be.....I'm not going to sew today...we're going to the gym and taking the kids swimming before we head to a friend's house for a Hanukkah dinner...

janluna
December 5th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Hello all, Have a wonderful Sunday. Give Odie a hug for me Trish. And Michele did you know that 70% of your body heat escapes through your head? So wear a hat to preserve your body heat. People can get hypothermia from losing to much heat through their head. Even if you are in a home with heat on if it's below 65 degrees. I learned this in EMT school. A lot of times we would go to an elderly home where they were trying to keep their heat bill down and find someone perfectly dressed and they would still have hypothermia because of losing it through the head. TMI? Sorry. Just take care not to get hypothermia. Hugs, Jan

plix
December 5th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Sun burns too! Michele you might use sun screen too...as odd as it sounds, winter sunburns are common & just as dangerous as summer time burns.
You Rock!
Happy Hanukkah

sewsoft
December 5th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Hi Ladies it's only 14 degrees here so very chilly. Have a good weekend I'll try to stay warm with my cup of peppermint tea.

toggpine
December 6th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Hello everybody!

I was warmer here than 14, but I have been cold all day. I even tried a cup of tea. The cup felt great, but now my fingers are cold again. The wood stove is going, so perhaps that will help. I may just go in and lay in front of the fire like an old dog!
I am trying to finish up two aprons that I have here. They are simple patterns, and I was really excited about how quickly they were going together. Then I did a test fit. I do not like where the ties are placed. (Up near the bra line! Who can tie a bow way up there? They put hooks in the bra for a reason!) The way the pattern is designed an alternate placing for the ties are unlikely. I became disenchanted with them and they have languished on the tote top waiting their turn to be finished. So instead of stuffing them in a drawer, I will finish them tonight and then either give them away as a gift to somebody with no boobs or a stick figure, or, I can put the mother/daughter pair up for adoption to a loving home. Just the ties and the pockets, just the ties & pockets. I KNOW I can do this and get it off my plate, I just don't wanna. (I am even here stalling on working on them!)
Trish: I am so happy for you that Odie is home. Enjoy him while he is there & spoil him rotten!
Michelle: I applaud your commitment to those kids. I do think a hat and some sunscreen would be a good idea for the next few days! Have fun at the Hanukkah dinner! It is always great when somebody else does the cooking!
Jan: I know we are supposed to wear hats, but they make my head itchy! (I so sounded like a whiney 5 year old in in my head just then!) Seriously, they have always bugged me for as long as I remember. The fleece ones I can wear longer, but they will eventually get to me to.
Plix:Thanks for the winter sunscreen reminder. I sneaks up on you along with wind burn.

OK, I have dawdled here long enough. I should go finish the aprons......I might need some more tea though..........
Have a good evening ladies!