PDA

View Full Version : What's new?

sewhot
July 16th, 2009, 09:55 AM
So first off, I want to know what you all have been up to this summer. Life has been so busy for us and I am just dying to know has your summer been flying by, or are you enjoying the sun, soaking up the rays and relaxing?? 8-)
Anybody working on any sewing projects lately? WOW, I have. I am trying to finish my daughter's disappearing nine patch I started on months ago!! UGH! It is so hard to focus on WIP's when I just want to skip it and start a new project. HA! (can anyone relate?) :oops:

Natalie
July 16th, 2009, 03:10 PM
totally! I waver between wanting to start a bunch of new projects and just wanting to do nothing(when will I get the chance again?) So far, our summer has been very busy...now I find myself struggling to make sure I do the things we wanted to do this year before time runs out! Happy Summer! :D

jeanniebee
July 17th, 2009, 09:44 PM
This summer feels like it's going by so fast!! Seriously, where does the time go? We haven't even been able to take a weekend to get away to the lake, not once! Normally I get my quilting done out there too when I don't have to think about anything! This isn't going to be good :twisted:

sewhot
July 18th, 2009, 12:33 AM
I know!! This summer is just FLYING by for us, too! I am NOT ready to even think about back to school shopping yet! YIKES!! Girl, get out to the Lake asap! (and get some quilting done!)

Quilt Vader
July 18th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Our temps are pretty high, so I know it is summer here.. and rushing by at my house just like at yours. I did do 2 tops for the charity project, and have cut the mini quilt I bought as a kit - to do by hand - during our quilt shop run last weekend, and some other stuff. I got the panel of Monster Trucks, but not the truck fabric for borders or the small b/w checks... will have to watch for them. I must have them. DGS, almost 7, has said since he could talk he was going to be a race car driver - and has been to 10 or 12 Monster Truck shows, the first one at about 16 months, He and his dad do a LOT of things together.
I feel the need to get organized :V

stitchywoman
July 18th, 2009, 09:31 AM
July is just a crazy month in general! I have gotten some stuff done but I only seem to have the beginning of the week before we're off to some other vacation :lol: It's been fun and exhausting and I'm glad to be home for atleast a little while! :roll: I did sign up for the Doll Quilt Swap 7 I'm excited about that! and I'm working on 9 patches and one of my patterns like crazy during the time I'm not caring for summer crazed children and vacationing. :lol:

Happy Summer to everyone!

DanielaK
August 2nd, 2009, 01:51 AM
So I entered my big quilt(70x70) in a local quilt show put on by the quilting guild I recently joined. It was today.
I did not expect to win(just happy to show off that I made this quilt) and when I saw the other quilts there, well lets just say the star of the show was a hand pieced and stitched Catheral (sp) Window King sized quilt, this was such an awesome quilt, so out of my league. I am just in awe of the of the workmanship. It was a blast to go to, talking to these ladies and they just make you feel so at home. Kinda like the gals at MSQC!! Well heres the deal, I offered to do a quick demo on rag quilting, this group of ladies stopped for 15 minutes and let me show them my cute table runner and place mats I made this week from some charm square(City Girl Holiday).....I had a group of such talent make me feel so welcomed and they asked questions and asked where I got the charms(Had to give props to MSQC) and when I was done some asked more questions.
Ok, I had an Great Day. Plus now I have a very adorable Table runner w/ placemats
http://www.modabakeshop.com/search/label/Oh%20Cherry%20Oh
Fast, easy and done.

Quilt Vader
August 2nd, 2009, 02:31 PM
Congrats to you DanielaK .. what a wonderful time you had, I can tell from the way you told US about it :) Very special getting to 'show n tell' too .. and to teach others. That is the fun part for me too .. in fact I only quilt as an excuse to buy fabric and try things!! Did we see a picture fo the quilt you entered? You should post one for us... even if you did once I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we'd love to see it as your quilt show quilt.
And good for you for entering it - I hope you weren't all critical of yourself - beauty is in the effort to make something where you did your best .. perfection is for the art of it, beauty is for the joy of it.
(My quilts and projects are all "JoyFilled" :D )

sewhot
August 3rd, 2009, 09:40 AM
Daniella, that is so exciting!! I am so happy for you. I bet you were so excited to show your skills!! :) Yeah!! Thanks also for the mention. (you are too kind!!)

And heck yes.....we wanna see some pictures!! :lol:

Natalie
August 4th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Yes, Daniella! Please show us pictures of your quilt! and I'm curious, where was this quilt show? I had not even heard about a local quilt show...I feel so out of the loop! :) I think the woman that won (at the quilt show) has brought her quilt (cathedral windows) into the shop and it is GORGEOUS! I wish I had even a tiny bit of her patience! ;)

stitchywoman
August 10th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I'm so excited that you entered a quilt! I do not have the guts... or a finished "full" size quilt ( ;) or queen, king, or even twin size!) all mine are lap sized or smaller so far! I'd love to see the pics and how fun to not only enter but teach a class too! Good for you!