PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 12/2

toggpine
December 2nd, 2010, 05:58 AM
I am still up and the clock has officially said it is Thursday here, so I am going to post since I may not get back today.

It is my sincere hope that today goes better than yesterday ended. I had a Washington State Animal Response Team board of directors meeting two hours away. I had to bring my daughter because no one was going to be home to watch her. She was incredibly well behaved for a 4 year old at a boring adult meeting. After the 2 hour meeting was over we headed another 2 hours home. The fog had rolled in by then and I made quite a few folks mad because I wouldn't do over the speed limit. I figure I am not going to drive any faster than I can see ahead of me. Funny how thoughts like that creep into your head.
Thankfully I as doing less than the speed limit on the final stretch home, as a a deer decided that would be a fabulous time to cut across the highway. Of course, hearing the car and seeing the lights she stopped. I was trying to do the same, and was rewarded with a lovely rearrangement of the interior items of my car. This was another case where I was glad to have the DVD player in the car. Emily was watching that, and missed the dear thwack into front of the car and do a back flip onto the pavement. After a few moments of disorientation, she righted herself and ambled off gingerly into the brush. I still had both of my head lights and I really needed to get going or get off of the road before some yay-hoo plowed into me in the fog. We made it home, but as son as I got out of the car I cold smell the antifreeze. I'll have a better look in the morning, but I am sure the radiator is at least dented, if not cracked since the grille is smooshed back about 4 inches. There is still deer hair on the bumper. I'll take photos in the morning for the insurance guy. I wonder if we have a wildlife collision clause in our policy.

This means that we will have to take the big diesel truck to Seattle tomorrow for my sister's birthday gift. We bought her tickets last spring to see Straight No Chaser and are throwing in dinner for good measure. Look these guys up on YouTube or PBS. They are fantastic. 10 guys singing a capella. This is their Christmas show and it should be great. I just hope we don't hit one of Santa's deer on the way home from that!
Thanks for all of the kind comments on the kids new stuffed animals. I can't wait to hear how they liked them.

You ladies take care. I hope to hear from our gals out east. I'll say a prayer that you aren't dealing with the worst of the weather.
FaLaLaLaLa, LA LaLa La La!
Cathy

patticakes
December 2nd, 2010, 11:27 AM
Ouch Cathy! I lived most of my life in Michigan where dodging deer on the roads is a daily hazard so I know how quick it can happen! Just grateful that you and your daughter weren't hurt, just shaken up I am sure.
Weather here in Chicago is cold and windy. The breeze is just a wind tunnel down Michigan Ave this morning. Supposed to get some "shovelable" snow on Friday night and into Saturday. Ugh....I am NOT a snow person at all. I will have to go out and get some Christmas shopping done this weekend snow or no snow! In a few minutes I am going to head out to Foodlife and grab a cup of coffee then stroll through Macy's with my 25% discount card they are offering today. Need to get my son's girlfriend a tea kettle.
Hope everyone has a good Thursday!
Patti

sewsoft
December 2nd, 2010, 12:10 PM
Hi Ladies , good to hear that you both are doing well. I glad things weren't a lot worse Toggpine and that you and your daughter are okay. I'm expecting the same weather as Patticakes by tomorrow and Saturday. Have a good day to all.

sally
December 2nd, 2010, 02:21 PM
Good morning.Casthy I am so glad you and you daughter are okay. We live with the risk of hitting deer daily in my neck of the woods. Knock on wood I have come close but only had one push back my passenger mirror. Well it is snowing here AGAIN... not looking forward to the drive home but I am so homesick. I miss my hubby, my pets, my bed...
I got some bad news about my dear Aunt. She is 93 but has to go to a home now and it is day by day. She is my last tie with my daddy. I am her only neice and dread the day when she leaves us but I can not be selfish... if God wants to take her home so be it.
Well I must get cracking...take care everyone.

janluna
December 2nd, 2010, 06:00 PM
Cathy, I'm glad you and your daughter are ok. We get deer accidents all the time. We've had our share of hits and misses. I feel sorry for the deer. They don't know it's foggy and they should stay put what with those crazy people out there trying to shoot them. I'm not against hunters by the way but I still feel bad for the deer getting hurt or dead. Joe and I have had some pretty bad accident scenes to clean up where both deer and driver didn't make it. They are so sad.
Sally sorry about your Aunt. It sounds like she has had a good long life though. Maybe its time for God to take her home. I'm sorry you are missing home. I'm terrible about getting homesick. Unless my whole family is with me I get terrible homesickness. So needless to say I very seldom go anywhere LOL
Hope everyone has a good weekend. We are supposed to get snow on and off till next Wednesday. I know!! I just hope it doesn't snow a lot.
I have to tell you what my Laura did for me. She bought me lessons from Jenny online.
They go more in depth than some of the tutorials. They are great. What a great Christmas present. She is so sweet to me. I just love her!! Not because of the present, just for her herself but the present was wonderful! I can't believe she did that. So so sweet. Love you all, Jan

craftyladysam
December 3rd, 2010, 12:13 AM
Hi all! We had alittle rain and lots of wind yesterday and today was cool but nice! No snow here. We have deer everywhere also, didn't use to thought. We use to ride 4 hrs. just to see some deer. Now they are even in our backyard. Glad you and your daughter didn't get hurt.
Sally, sorry to hear about your aunt, I lost two of mine at 93yrs. still wished they could have made it to 99. But I know that's selfish on my part. Sure do miss them and have lots of questions I wished I had asked them.
Jan, what a great gift and I can tell you are excited about it!!! It takes a friend to have a friend and you must be a great one for her to be such a friend to you!!!! Merry Christmas ,say it to all you see.
Saundra

middlesis1966
December 3rd, 2010, 01:52 AM
Good morning.Casthy I am so glad you and you daughter are okay. We live with the risk of hitting deer daily in my neck of the woods. Knock on wood I have come close but only had one push back my passenger mirror. Well it is snowing here AGAIN... not looking forward to the drive home but I am so homesick. I miss my hubby, my pets, my bed...
I got some bad news about my dear Aunt. She is 93 but has to go to a home now and it is day by day. She is my last tie with my daddy. I am her only neice and dread the day when she leaves us but I can not be selfish... if God wants to take her home so be it.
Well I must get cracking...take care everyone.

I will say prayers for you!